• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Insurance on a WWII book, in case it injures somone

KwaiLo

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23386702-details/Insure+your+book+for+%C2%A35m...in+case+it+injures+someone/article.do

I really have read it all now.

I like some of the comments after it, such as, "The English have gone barking mad!" and "And here I thought my own country had gone off the deep end. As crazy as our lawyers and our government (mostly lawyers) are, they're not THIS crazy. We have all our plastic bags labeled "this bag is not a toy" (because, y'know, otherwise people might mistake it for a doll or a truck or something)"  ;D

Just as I was saying to hubby yesterday about the warning on the glass carafe from our coffee maker "Do not hold over people." WTF???  ???

It just goes to show you that no one is ever responsible if they hurt themselves!!  ::)

Makes you wish stupidity was illegal.  :-\

Fuuny that I haven't seen that article in Reader's Digest "That's Outrageous" yet.
That's absolutely Reeee diculous.  I have many tomes on aircraft that must weigh 5 lbs and bigger than a breadbox and I don't think the author needed insurance for me to buy it.  If you buy it, it becomes yours.  If you drop it on your foot and try to sue the author, you're and idiot.
my0.02
:salute: 

edited to insert outrageous, not ridiculous.

Back