• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Injured - Apply Now, or Wait?

Exarch

Inactive
Reaction score
I've had a couple injuries for the past 10 months or so, mostly stemming from my former job (industrial painting), the worst being chronic pain in my right trapezius/shoulder area, aggrivated by repetative motion. I've had an x-ray/ultrasound, nothing is torn/broken, and both my doctor and a chiropractor I saw agree that it's just very tight muscles that need to be released. I am confident that the treatment I'm getting now (massage therapy & trigger point therapy) will resolve my problems in a few months.

My question is, when should I submit my application? I want to do it as soon as possible so that I can get things rolling, but I'm not sure how the status of my health would affect the process. Would the recruiters be able to postpone my medical evaluation (although without me saying anything, they wouldn't be able to tell that I had any issues), or would they tell me to re-apply when I am healthy? I know I'll need at least 6-8 months from now to get back to normal and get a decent amount of conditioning.

You certainly cannot hide that info from the RC, they will have access to your medical file anyway plus if you where found to be lying/hiding info I think it's a safe bet to say you won't have a chance at applying.

Personally I would wait due to the fact that your healing is not guaranteed and there may be complications, it is better to apply once you are certain you are in appropriate physical shape.
On another note... you also need to be training for basic fitness standards and if your back is holding you back (no pun intended) again you won't get far.

Going to have to agree with Supra on this one.

Your best chances of being accepted are when you are healthy and good to go. If you want the best chances, you really should be at your best.

Back