• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Vehicles

There is is an of air humour here.

Ok we the army need a small light easy to use vehicle to do stuff in on and off the field....ok I'm the Willys auto company here you....call it a Jeep....built by the million. Ok we need a bigger new one...now AMC says here go...new bigger. Build by the 100,000s then Army says we need bigger one....OK AM General says Ok here you go....then Army says armour it....doesn't do great. Army we need a bigger one International says here you go the MRAP.....build by the thousands. Then Army says we need a super tech one big one....ok Oskosh says here you go the JLTV.

Then the Army say we need a small light easy to use vehicle.....a new vehicle not like the one before.....GM says here go the ISV. There had to be some guys in Detroit hit there heads....we just recreated the damn Jeep.

What old is new again.

Being in a family business 80 years old and grandparents and parents telling you stories all my life. What was old is new again. And so on and so on.

I was in meeting last week with the team. I had told them the customer is going to change priorities from delivery times to quality soon.....then today they just heard the customer is going to start focusing on quality....they come to me and say how did you know that? I just smiled. Then said...cost is next. Lol lol....

Wot? No canvas?

the-vw-iltis-jeep-used-by-the-belgian-luc-de-jaeger-canvas-print.jpg

Also - that 1200 to 5000 miles between failures

Manageable for an early entry vehicle that is going to be rapidly replaced in theater by the Stryker/MRAP units.

Does it make sense as the GP runabout for a leg unit that has that as the only vehicle available to it? Or do they need the Milverado?

There is is an of air humour here.

Ok we the army need a small light easy to use vehicle to do stuff in on and off the field....ok I'm the Willys auto company here you....call it a Jeep....built by the million. Ok we need a bigger new one...now AMC says here go...new bigger. Build by the 100,000s then Army says we need bigger one....OK AM General says Ok here you go....then Army says armour it....doesn't do great. Army we need a bigger one International says here you go the MRAP.....build by the thousands. Then Army says we need a super tech one big one....ok Oskosh says here you go the JLTV.

Then the Army say we need a small light easy to use vehicle.....a new vehicle not like the one before.....GM says here go the ISV. There had to be some guys in Detroit hit there heads....we just recreated the damn Jeep.

What old is new again.

Being in a family business 80 years old and grandparents and parents telling you stories all my life. What was old is new again. And so on and so on.

I was in meeting last week with the team. I had told them the customer is going to change priorities from delivery times to quality soon.....then today they just heard the customer is going to start focusing on quality....they come to me and say how did you know that? I just smiled. Then said...cost is next. Lol lol....

Story of my life....bom, bom, bom, bom

Ok I can solve multiple problems at once.

Just tell Mahindra we are going to order 200,000 plus Roxors. Final assembly in somewhere in Canada. Total cost 1,500,000,000.00. life cycle cost? You then tell the Budget office "nope" they then say what do you mean no life cycle cost? Nope.

What?!!@@

If they get a dent or need an oil change....we throw them out.....lol

Then fuel....I will get to that.

Ok so you have a thousands and thousandsRoxors....ok fix next problem

Every new recruit and every member staying in get a new car! Bonus! It's Roxor. Recruiting issue helped! :)

Ok fuel....we are going old school here. Every member gets the new car fuel allowance ever month.

Now here is the old school....when the Commandos where started...they just posted note somewhere and said be at such and such place at this time. So every member gets to the post or their field location on tbe their own in their brand new Roxor. Lol

Just think every infantryman driving to battle on his own. There won't be a shortage of wheels. Lol

PS.....the Roxor as current configured is not street legal....well TC to shove it or pay a small bit more for the Indian street legal. Plus I like that grill better.

Ops...one more small problem....Stallantis gets mad and says Mahrindra can't sell that street legal one here because reasons.(you would need a full bottle of rye for me to go into that one) ...ok stallantis if you can sell me your Jeep at the price we will take it....but but we put heated Corinthian leather in....No ok.

PSS....AM General and GM kiss my ass on the your guys stupid 7 bar grill design fight. And ten of millions in legal fees.

Story of my life....bom, bom, bom, bom

This why I think organizations are too hasty in kicking out the old guys sometimes. I see it in the Automotive world all the time. The current crop of management is having to learn the basics that everyone knew just a few year ago. Sometimes it's maddening.

Silicon Valley and Tech could have used and still could have used the old guys.

PS side note watching the news of silicon Valley layoff and benefit and perks taken away from the side of the automobile world is like watching a comedy show......10,000 layoffs from Google etc....wake me up when when the whole town unemployed because they shut the plant. The millennials whinging, bitching and crying is just too much.

Ok I can solve multiple problems at once.

Just tell Mahindra we are going to order 200,000 plus Roxors. Final assembly in somewhere in Canada. Total cost 1,500,000,000.00. life cycle cost? You then tell the Budget office "nope" they then say what do you mean no life cycle cost? Nope.

What?!!@@

If they get a dent or need an oil change....we throw them out.....lol

Then fuel....I will get to that.

Ok so you have a thousands and thousandsRoxors....ok fix next problem

Every new recruit and every member staying in get a new car! Bonus! It's Roxor. Recruiting issue helped! :)

Ok fuel....we are going old school here. Every member gets the new car fuel allowance ever month.

Now here is the old school....when the Commandos where started...they just posted note somewhere and said be at such and such place at this time. So every member gets to the post or their field location on tbe their own in their brand new Roxor. Lol

Just think every infantryman driving to battle on his own. There won't be a shortage of wheels. Lol

PS.....the Roxor as current configured is not street legal....well TC to shove it or pay a small bit more for the Indian street legal. Plus I like that grill better.

Ops...one more small problem....Stallantis gets mad and says Mahrindra can't sell that street legal one here because reasons.(you would need a full bottle of rye for me to go into that one) ...ok stallantis if you can sell me your Jeep at the price we will take it....but but we put heated Corinthian leather in....No ok.

PSS....AM General and GM kiss my ass on the your guys stupid 7 bar grill design fight. And ten of millions in legal fees.

Remember all those disposable Jeeps that were disposed of in Europe after WW2?

Behold the child of the unwanted....

The design for the original vehicle was started in 1947 by Maurice Wilks. Wilks, chief designer at the Rover Company, on his farm in Newborough, Anglesey, working in conjunction with his brother Spencer who was the managing director of Rover.[10] The design may have been influenced by the Jeep[11] and the prototype, later nicknamed Centre Steer, was built on a Jeep chassis and axles.[12] The early choice of colour was dictated by military surplus supplies of aircraft cockpit paint, so early vehicles only came in various shades of light green.

If you leave 200,000 free vehicles lying around the countryside somebody is going to figure out how to use them, maintain them and make a buck.

You misread that. Those were the original issues from the low production rate vehicles which were addressed. There were some additional issues afterward which were too minor to make an issue of.

🍻
Despite identified issues, the ISV’s key requirements were met
The 2020 and 2021 annual weapons testing reports noted additional troubles,
In his annual 2022 report, the Pentagon’s chief weapons tester slammed the ISV, citing the troop carrier’s vulnerability and uncomfortable ride.
I’m guessing he didn’t read the actual article.
I read it along with many of the links provided.

Thy accepted it knowing it still has a few issues to overcome and accept. I think it is a great step forward, anytime you don't have to use two feet and heart beat is a good day.
It looks cool, can carry a few Soldiers and some gear, looks good to me. You could give the Army a solid piece of steel and they will figure out how to break it

If you leave 200,000 free vehicles lying around the countryside somebody is going to figure out how to use them, maintain them and make a buck.
Oh I just fixed another problem....economic growth with backyard home grown Roxor industry...

Vote me in as PM....

I work with Ford Customer Service division (the parts and service people at Corporate) Ford was having heavy warranty costs on diesel engines (the V10 built in Windsor) in Alberta they were replacing a ton of engines in the oil fields business. They put a team on it because it was happening nowhere else in the world at the same rate. The engineers go out there to find the companies put the truck though hell and add, remove or move the airboxes and then beat the crap out of them. Ford said OK you do this and we will work on changes here. The oil and services companies all said nope that's too much work. Ford engineers then got a little miffed saying we have to work together on this. Nope. We then will not be able honour the warrenties. They told them no problem we already knew you would do that but you did it for longer than GM. LOL
I know most of the companies I worked for did not modify their Ford Diesel V8 Power stroke diesels, They had numerous problems with them in stock form especially in the cold. They had issues with their high pressure Oil pumps which caused injector issues. We also had quite a few turbo failures and lots of air filter plugging issues. Emissions systems were another major issue with them plugin up and leaving you stranded or limp mode in in the middle of nowhere.
Once we started to run the 450 and 550 series trucks many of our issues went away I found. They were programmed differently and actually got better fuel milage especially towing 10,000lbs across, down and sidesways on muddy roads.

For the guys who deleted their trucks, they all had similar problems, blown turbos problems with the High pressure oil pump causing injector issues. Many times they made the problem worse and they would run their truck at max power and blow the engine up due to the power increase. But it was a matter of time anyways.

I know a few companies went away from the Diesels and back to gas trucks. Which had their own issues but.

I preferred to run a Dodge myself and got rid of the emissions right away, nothing worse then stranded in the woods with a plugged DPF.

Their diesel motor is suppose to be pretty good from what I have been told. Just not allowed to buy it here.
You can get them...they were sold here for a moment. Not street legal.

You have a hostile government, angry auto companies about the product license and the trademark grill etc. Plus it's a marketed as a cheap competitor to the Quebec Golden child. (BRP) Thetmy stopped sell here to focus on the US. We just suck for business.

Their diesel motor is suppose to be pretty good from what I have been told. Just not allowed to buy it here.

You have a hostile government, angry auto companies about the product license and the trademark grill etc. Plus it's a marketed as a cheap competitor to the Quebec Golden child. (BRP) Thetmy stopped sell here to focus on the US. We just suck for business.
My boss has one, he's doing a resto-mod with it, as he has a 1942 body (and #plate) that he is dropping on it, they are road legal down here.

Despite identified issues, the ISV’s key requirements were met
The 2020 and 2021 annual weapons testing reports noted additional troubles,
In his annual 2022 report, the Pentagon’s chief weapons tester slammed the ISV, citing the troop carrier’s vulnerability and uncomfortable ride.
Which was issued before the Full Rate Production with the fixes (mostly) done.
I read it along with many of the links provided.

Thy accepted it knowing it still has a few issues to overcome and accept. I think it is a great step forward, anytime you don't have to use two feet and heart beat is a good day.
It looks cool, can carry a few Soldiers and some gear, looks good to me. You could give the Army a solid piece of steel and they will figure out how to break it
IMHO it should be knows as the I1/2SV, because it really can't take all the troops it's supposed to take.
I suspect that based on how some units are fielding it, that it will be fielded eventually at a 2-3x / squad rate.
I met the PM, I feel kind of bad for him, as their desired vehicle was a slightly cheaper SOF GMV1.1, but that was cost prohibitive.
The additional systems the ISV is being asked to mount means that there is no way in hell more than 4-5 folks will fit in it now.

The dealer could not sell me the engine alone unless I owned a Mahindra, something about our gov not wanting me to buy the engine and install the diesel into my jeep. Not that I would do that........ It would be a direct fit.

Except the bunch we left in Haiti some years back.

a1b18b2f-616a-43da-9ad9-d871738da449-jpeg.77175

Wouldn't want to be #3

High.
Back to the Enemy.
No armour.
Parked beside a really large gas tank.

Plus side?

Bailing out is easy.

And the Dvr and CC get armour at the expense of The Grill.

I was thinking the M-Kills were going to be pretty likely ... but looking at that rig any hit was going to be a K-Kill. But at least the CC's family would recognize their kid's face.

Back