• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Selection Dates -HEADS UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProtectAndServe said:
I'm processing for Infantry and got an interview on the 21st of August so I figure selections may not be dead in August. Possibly September?

Considering the poster above you had his interview on 25 May and didn't make the 7 Aug selection, I'd set up camp and be prepared to wait.

Must have been selection ... My friend marc got selected and is curently doing is bmq (for infantry)
And my swear in is in 4 days and i start bmq on 20 agust also for infantry.

I received an offer for infantry last week, going for basic Sept. 1st.  ;D

Ohhh nice , cOngratulation !!!!!!! Maybe we gonna do ql1 together !  ;D

Ducimus BTC said:
I heard next selection date after August 7th was end of November sometime.

Seeing this gave me some hope towards getting in the CF this year. I got my medical and interview to do still so hopefully in November I may get a call.. Always praying, congrats to the guys who got the call.  :)

Connorp23 said:
Just for a heads up, infantry wasn't selected on August 7th for some reason. No idea when it will be now.

Hello All :)

First post for me and I'd just like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge and experience. This website is a great source of information.

Can anyone confirm the quote above? I've been reading multiple posts about different selection dates. Most posts say it did happen on the 7th, while others say another selection date will happen Nov 27th for Infantry and Combat engineer. When talking to the recruiting office in Ottawa they weren't sure when the next selection dates were. I was just wondering if anyone was told or has heard anything else?

Athena1 said:

First post for me and I'd just like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge and experience. This website is a great source of information.

Can anyone confirm the quote above? I've been reading multiple posts about different selection dates. Most posts say it did happen on the 7th, while others say another selection date will happen Nov 27th for Infantry and Combat engineer. When talking to the recruiting office in Ottawa they weren't sure when the next selection dates were. I was just wondering if anyone was told or has heard anything else?

I had been told at CFRC Kingston, that selections for Combat Engineer were to take place on August 7th (which is when I was selected), and should they not obtain enough successful candidates at that time, another selection would be held in November.

I had earlier been selected for Traffic Tech in the second week of July, but turned that down in hopes of getting my primary choice, which I did get. I was told that there possibly would have been another round of selections for that job in October or November (I cannot remember which) if they didn't get enough people, just in case my gamble for CE did not pay off.

The week before I found out I was selected (on August 7 actually), I went with my cousin to the same RC because he wants to join up as a Vehicle Tech; he was told another round of selections for that job are to be held in November. So it seems to me, that November could very likely be the next important month for selections. For those who are still waiting, best of luck to you and sincere wishes that you are only "waiting", and have not been passed over. This thread would show the process to be short for some, long for others, and a dead end for some.

I submitted my initial application 1 year, 4 months, and 18 days ago; one week from today by no later than 8:00 p.m. (excuse me, 20h00), I report to St. Jean. Sometimes we wait longer than we hope to, but I can tell you that when you are offered a position and are sworn in, that time is forgotten.

Cheers,

Athena1 said:

Selections for Infantry were on August 7th or shortly after. I was informed by my RC that the next selection date will be November 27th. However, anything can happen and I am sure dates can change or be cancelled. until then.... Hurry up and wait.

I've still been told, by my own RC, and a second for that matter (and from other applicants with different RC's) that selection DID NOT take place. Pushed till early September according to Ottawa RC. However I know personally of 4 applicants chosen for Infantry, although each of them was chosen prior to August 7th.

Connorp23 said:
I've still been told, by my own RC, and a second for that matter (and from other applicants with different RC's) that selection DID NOT take place. Pushed till early September according to Ottawa RC. However I know personally of 4 applicants chosen for Infantry, although each of them was chosen prior to August 7th.
I personally know of 4 applicants selected on this past Friday, August 17th for Reg Force Infantry. I am personally not sure why different RCs are saying different things. Like I said the only way you will know 100% is when and if you get a call with an offer.

Thanks for your posts everyone. It seems strange that there are still some very different answers out there but like Ducimus BTC said until you get a call you dont know for sure.

Congrats DaveJT on getting your choice.

From the people I know over Canada, the RC's are giving different answers...
I did happen but we don't have the list yet.
I didn't happen.
I happened and you weren't selected.
Etc.

Mine says simply we don't know if it happened or not. We know one was scheduled to happen on X date but haven't got the list yet. (this was over a week ago).

So many different answer can simply be that some maybe getting upset at the amount of calls they are getting about this. You may only be calling once a week, but Tom down the road may call at 9, 1 and 5 each day like clock work.

So, we just need to hang in and wait.

I to know of a RCR that got a offer late Friday of last week.

The reason for the discrepancies is Infantry is a trade that doesn't have a national selection.  The selections are done locally, which doesn't mean the local RC is doing the selection, rather the the HQ for the local area.  Example the Southern ON HQ is in Toronto (Co-located with the Recruiting Centre at 4900 Yonge).  This HQ is responsible for the detachments in Toronto, Barrie, Oshawa, and a few others, same thing in other parts of the country.  Selections aren't allowed to happen before a local selection, but they can happen anytime after.

Well its not like people actually use the search function, maybe a few people will see my post, but it will be eventually buried and forgotten.  >:D

Thanks for the info Hatchet Man.

The problem with "use the search function" is like 50 out of 51 results in the thread list are all people being told to .... use the search function because once back in the 1980s someone asked how infantry was selected so every time since. When it was asked, they are told to search.

Personally I do get people do to take the ability to search for things into their own hands. But in the end army.ca is a recruitment tool for the CF. Like when recruiters go to high schools and answer questions from the students.

I can picture it now...

Student ask random question

Reruiter "Yeah, why don't you go google the answer to that"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back