• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Officer Course Question

Tango18A said:
mrpumo,

What battle task is snipping??? Most officers I have run into don't even know how to spell barber let alone go to one. Spell check never identifies the wrong word used only the misspelled one.

Cool your jets, turbo. Maybe he held the button for a second too long. Judging by the rest of his post, he's literate.

-60 MPs for being anal.

Not being anal at all. Just comic relief. Too many hours as of late dealing with word picture books and little dots

Funny enough given your avatar, an black-hat friend of mine runs an awesome schtick at Mess Dinners in which he solicits donations for the "Strathcona Haircut Fund".  The pitch starts with a grim statement about how the Strathcona haircut has spread to the rest of the RCAC, and if not checked, it could in fact spread through the entire CF officer corps, and eventually to the whole Force.  He makes an impassioned, WorldVision-esque plea for donations that will keep one subaltern in a decent haircut for at least a month.

The funds (rarely received) usually seem to find their way behind the bar.  We have a picture of at least one General Officer being a good sport and handing over a $20 donation to the fund.  He said the pitch was so funny he felt compelled, so we made sure we got the presentation photo.

Tango18A said:
mrpumo,

What battle task is snipping??? Most officers I have run into don't even know how to spell barber let alone go to one. Spell check never identifies the wrong word used only the misspelled one.

Back