• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

I assume we have a collar that is a mix of standard collar/mandarin is because the uniform is worn for both garrison and field. Even if we did have a Mandarin collar and not this 50/50 style, I'm quite sure we would still have it folded down in garrison like the US Army does with their ACU.

-Skeletor- said:
I assume we have a collar that is a mix of standard collar/mandarin is because the uniform is worn for both garrison and field. Even if we did have a Mandarin collar and not this 50/50 style, I'm quite sure we would still have it folded down in garrison like the US Army does with their ACU.

Personally I think you should have it folded down while in garrison anyway and given the option to have folder down or not only in the field. In garrison I think it would look kind of weird/off to have people going around with it up. That's just my  :2c: though.

Verge1993 said:
Personally I think you should have it folded down while in garrison anyway and given the option to have folder down or not only in the field. In garrison I think it would look kind of weird/off to have people going around with it up. That's just my  :2c: though.

Great insight.

Now we have to wait for the sourcing and issuing to happen. Only took a decade with the CTS rucksack......

And we are still waiting for boots (watching a BMQ in Kingston, still have at least a handfull marching in running shoes. Their field portion will be sheer hell....)

Thucydides said:
And we are still waiting for boots (watching a BMQ in Kingston, still have at least a handfull marching in running shoes. Their field portion will be sheer hell....)

Some just completed a summer BMQ(L), in wet weather boots. No wonder they had destroyed feet after a 8km march.

We're looking more and more like the ANA, our new recruits can't get uniforms or even boots.

The Capability Investment Database has a lot of good info on the combat boot issue, including that Clothe the Soldier still hasn't gotten the boots right in 15 years. Problems with procurement epitomized.

PuckChaser said:
Some just completed a summer BMQ(L), in wet weather boots. No wonder they had destroyed feet after a 8km march.

We're looking more and more like the ANA, our new recruits can't get uniforms or even boots.

The Capability Investment Database has a lot of good info on the combat boot issue, including that Clothe the Soldier still hasn't gotten the boots right in 15 years. Problems with procurement epitomized.

I was victim to this, I was one of 22 out of 38 with everything except boots. After doing BMQ in a beat up pair of combat boots my Dad used in Germany in '83 (I've never had to take so much time off work just to have my feet recover), I rectified the situation by purchasing my own boots. Sure I got jacked to high heaven but at least I didn't look like a goof and saved my feet some torture.

I felt for the poor souls that I did both BMQ and L phase who didn't even have uniforms. There was about 8 who had to go entire courses in grey coveralls, surplus webbing and helmets.

Edit to add: The boots for the 22 of us trickled through as BMQ progressed but most of us didn't get our initial issue boots until leaving for DP1.

But thank goodness the officers will have shiny new pips and crowns right? That'll make it look SO much more professional.

Why don't the Army put out a petition for NCM, NCO, and COs so they can choose what they would like to have or what they need.. Like have a list of 20+ things and they get to choose 2 or 3 things. The 2 or 3 things that are most chosen then tats what the Army will work on getting to the Soldiers first. It only makes the most sense seeing as how they are the ones out in the field that is in need the the equipment/clothing they need.

Verge1993 said:
Why don't the Army put out a petition for NCM, NCO, and COs so they can choose what they would like to have or what they need.. Like have a list of 20+ things and they get to choose 2 or 3 things. The 2 or 3 things that are most chosen then tats what the Army will work on getting to the Soldiers first. It only makes the most sense seeing as how they are the ones out in the field that is in need the the equipment/clothing they need.

Glad you're joining next month, you can fix the CF's procurement bureaucracy after your first year in the military.  ::)

PuckChaser said:
Glad you're joining next month, you can fix the CF's procurement bureaucracy after your first year in the military.  ::)

Was just a suggestion, don't need to be ignorant about it..

Verge1993 said:
Was just a suggestion, don't need to be ignorant about it..

You don't even have kit yet, but you've got all the suggestions in the world to fix a problem that's been going on for decades, and not a clue about what we even require as a modern fighting force. Do you honestly think the Army doesn't know what we need desperately, but can't get due to a cumbersome procurement bureaucracy?

PuckChaser said:
You don't even have kit yet, but you've got all the suggestions in the world to fix a problem that's been going on for decades, and not a clue about what we even require as a modern fighting force. Do you honestly think the Army doesn't know what we need desperately, but can't get due to a cumbersome procurement bureaucracy?

I do believe I am aloud to suggest what I want to. This is a forum so I suggested something to get some discussion on it, not somebody crawling down my throat. Oh and I also have had kit before.

Verge...worry about your BMQ and getting your stuff straighten up before basics (bills,etc) before worrying about something that is way beyond your knowledge...I mean, you're not even IN the military yet, how can you in all honesty, give advice on how our procurement should be running?

In other hand....it is still pretty shitty and been surviving with personal bought swats boots since last year..

Verge1993 said:

We're soldiers. We do what we are ordered to do, provided its not illegal. We don't run the Canadian Army by petition.

Have a nice career.

I'll chime in with this:

Verge, that suggestion has been put here many times before.  Simply read back in the thread and I am sure you'll stumble upon it once or twice. If not, then it has been discussed somewhere else on these forums, in multiple places.  Or maybe in each of our respective messes in real life.

TIP: In the military we have a saying called "stay in your lane".  It is a term that refers to people shooting in front of themselves and not crossing over into other people's lanes.  It can be done with knowledge as well.  I am a tanker, I will not go spouting off in the pilots forums, see what I mean?

Your suggestion is valid though everyone that has been around the block one or twice (or 1000 times in Seggie's case) has heard it before.  You're not in your lane, see the issue? 

Bzzliteyr said:
I'll chime in with this:

Verge, that suggestion has been put here many times before.  Simply read back in the thread and I am sure you'll stumble upon it once or twice. If not, then it has been discussed somewhere else on these forums, in multiple places.  Or maybe in each of our respective messes in real life.

TIP: In the military we have a saying called "stay in your lane".  It is a term that refers to people shooting in front of themselves and not crossing over into other people's lanes.  It can be done with knowledge as well.  I am a tanker, I will not go spouting off in the pilots forums, see what I mean?

Your suggestion is valid though everyone that has been around the block one or twice (or 1000 times in Seggie's case) has heard it before.  You're not in your lane, see the issue?

Yeah I understand. My trade I'm accepted for is Infantry so I should just keep my mid set on that and leave the equipment that we need in the hand of the higher ups. I think thats what you mean anyway.  :p

Back