• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Improved Combat Uniform

CanadianTire said:
I was thinking more morale patch type things...as Matt_Fisher pointed out in his refernce to when OotUC was brought up earlier. It will be interesting to see if anyone tries it and to what result.

I've seen a few Recce Pl and Sniper types do 'Recce' or 'Sniper' tabs/shoulder scrolls small enough to be worn under the piece of material on the Combat Shirt's left shoulder where you'd attach a brassard/armlet.

With respect to morale patches being worn overtly, I'm sure that the Velcro on the uniform will be the bane of many RSM's and there'll be 'No unauthorized patch' regs that will contradict one another as units will design and issue their own 'unofficial, but authorized' patches, only to have the hammer come down from Brigade/LFA/CLS HQs from time to time.

The first came out in my unit last week.  "Although new combat pants are designed to be worn un-bloused, this option is for situations of extreme heat on operations only.  All members of this HQ will wear their pants bloused while in garrison."

fraserdw said:
The first came out in my unit last week.  "Although new combat pants are designed to be worn un-bloused, this option is for situations of extreme heat on operations only.  All members of this HQ will wear their pants bloused while in garrison."

I see some dinosaurs are still wondering the earth...... ;D

NFLD Sapper said:
I see some dinosaurs are still wondering the earth...... ;D

What is the issue with wearing bloused pants in garrison?  Would there be any benefit to having unbloused pants while in garrison?  To me,  blousing pants is a more professional image.  Some members already look sloppy enough as is,  don't need anything more to add to that appearance.

I'm all for unbloused pants in the field/operations,  so don't think I'm against it entirely.

Matt_Fisher said:
I've seen a few Recce Pl and Sniper types do 'Recce' or 'Sniper' tabs/shoulder scrolls small enough to be worn under the piece of material on the Combat Shirt's left shoulder where you'd attach a brassard/armlet.

With respect to morale patches being worn overtly, I'm sure that the Velcro on the uniform will be the bane of many RSM's and there'll be 'No unauthorized patch' regs that will contradict one another as units will design and issue their own 'unofficial, but authorized' patches, only to have the hammer come down from Brigade/LFA/CLS HQs from time to time.

Already happening on the rain jackets. I've seen RHLI, 33 CER, CHofO, and GGFG pers all wearing velcro unit patches/flashes of some description that are 'good to go' within the units.

Brihard said:
Already happening on the rain jackets. I've seen RHLI, 33 CER, CHofO, and GGFG pers all wearing velcro unit patches/flashes of some description that are 'good to go' within the units.

We've been told no unissued/morale patches on issued kit; so most of the guys that feel like wearing unissued patches do so on their non-issued day packs and chest rigs. Not many actually bother though.

Does anyone know if they will be issuing the ICU to new recruits or if they will postpone it until combat units have received them?

P_Laurin said:
Does anyone know if they will be issuing the ICU to new recruits or if they will postpone it until combat units have received them?

Combat Arms units, and others would get priority over Recruits at CFLRS.

Also,  they are called the ECU now.  Your first post here is asking when you will get the new uniform?  Is that really the most important thing to you at this point?

Macey said:
Now can I wear my combat patch? :D

I honestly don't know how to take you at times,  are you being serious or joking?  I think you've posted if you can wear your 10th Mtn patch before.. Not sure if you really would attempt to wear that patch under the CADPAT cover.. but I'm guessing it won't work as the patch might take up too much velcro for the CADPAT cover to fit over properly.. plus it'll be a nice bulge that will probably get noticed. 

If units have their own patches that the CO/RSM have approved for wear  then by all means wear the patch.  But for all the unapproved patches,  just stick to wearing them on your backpack(if you bought your own) or keeping them at home or something.  Not really seeing the point in trying to be sneaky and wearing it under the CADPAT velcro cover.. no one will be seeing them anyways,  except maybe for a slight bulge under the velcro cover.

-Skeletor- said:
Combat Arms units, and others would get priority over Recruits at CFLRS.

Also,  they are called the ECU now.  Your first post here is asking when you will get the new uniform?  Is that really the most important thing to you at this point?

I'm supposedly being issued my kit within the next few weeks, and I was just asking out of curiosity. Just wanted to know if I'll get issued the old uniform, and then have to go again to get the ECU (Thank you for the correction.)

Uh, based on the MERX extension, I assume we're all a long way away from getting this kit. So who cares about all these patch and who gets what when conversations?

-Skeletor- said:
If units have their own patches that the CO/RSM have approved for wear  then by all means wear the patch.  But for all the unapproved patches,  just stick to wearing them on your backpack(if you bought your own) or keeping them at home or something.  Not really seeing the point in trying to be sneaky and wearing it under the CADPAT velcro cover.. no one will be seeing them anyways,  except maybe for a slight bulge under the velcro cover.

Yeah I was just kidding. Kind of hard to tell on the internet. I just put my patch in a shadow box I made. Looks sweet in my man cave.

Does anyone know which Bases and timelines to when these new ECU's are going to be issued?

Why is it important?

Curiosity and constructive conversation ? Obviously, from my avatar, i'll be getting whatever is new: last, and that's fine (and proper) with me but i'm wondering if this is straight up replacement or as items wear out ?

Cheers

PV

For what I have been hearing it will be a gradual phase in, as items get worn out they will be replaced with the ICU's......

So expect to see a mixture of old uncovered buttons, covered buttons and ICU's for awhile.....

NFLD Sapper said:
For what I have been hearing it will be a gradual phase in, as items get worn out they will be replaced with the ICU's......

So expect to see a mixture of old uncovered buttons, covered buttons and ICU's for awhile.....

That's bound to upset some people...I'v heard of WOs that don't like it when the uniform tops and bottoms have different levels of fade, and I personally have come across the odd WO who didn't like my exposed button top being worn with my covered button pants.  ::)

Back