• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to waste your money on kit

Mike,

Aside from being "disposable", how are these SWAT boots?  I need to buy myself a pair of "zip-up" steel toe (or composite) boots to wear about 5 shifts a month outside of my regular army job (ambulance work).  I have been looking around on the net and spotted one model of Magnum, one model from Bates and one from Converse (always thought they just made runners...).  They are all around the $89-99 USD, so these SWATs would be much cheaper.

Considerations:

- comfortable to wear (not necessary need to walk a lot, but may have to go on a hike from time to time)
- good quality / durable (considering about 5 x 12hr shifts / month)
- relatively inexpensive (that job doesn't pay a lot...)

Any inputs from anyone would be appreciated.

Army Vern,

are they or have they made any advancement in the Combat Glasses department?

The current issued one's I see the troops wearing, well lets just say.........

Ghost

It depends what your looking for.  For me, I like the CQCs for driving and potential CQB wereas the Romers are great on the range.

All of those styles are ballistic, it just depends on your style preference and whether you want a "goggle" or not.

Most of my clients are going with the SG-1s

Laps,

They are as comfortable as running shoes, super-lightweight and durable for the price. I haven't tried the safety-toe version though. I've been wearing mine over here for 6 months now and the only problem is that the laces are wearing out, but I'll just replace them with paracord when they go. For the price I would say give them a shot.

When I was doing pre-deployment training in Pet, I ran into some guys from the Deep River Emergency Services while doing an area assesment of their town. They had just switched to Original SWAT side-zips and thought they were outstanding.

Mike,

Thanks for the info.  Found a store that sells them for $60US, so I'll order a pair to give them a try.

Cheers!

Laps

Not sure if I've missed this in all the above posts....

If anyone here is from Toronto, where would you suggest going to get some new soles for my boots.  I wear motion control shoes when I run, I can't afford insoles, and it these are acceptable in the army, I thought I'd look into new soles.

Superfry, make an appointment with a doc and get your boots resoled and proper insoles through the CF, at no cost  ;)

Back