• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How much lead time before basic?

Ralph

Inactive
Reaction score
Is there an average time between getting the phone call that you‘re in and when your basic starts? I‘m waiting to see if I‘m in January‘s officer training - I don‘t know when the final cutoff point happens. Would a call on Dec. 31 be more of a possiblity than, say, next week?
Cheers,
Ralph.

Hey,

I‘m assuming your speaking about the Reg Force.

It varies, out of the people I enrolled with for July‘s officer training, some had gotten the call a week or two ago. That gave them a little under a month to get their affairs in order, I had had two or three months of notice. Another variable is the time difference between your enrolment and you actually leaving for St-Jean.

So basically it could be anywhere from a week or so notice to a few months.. wow, sorry I couldn‘t be more helpful. :)

The key point that you have to look at is; have you completed all of the recruiting process and just waiting for "the call", or are you still waiting on your interview results.
They won‘t tell you on Dec 31 that you‘re in, most likely they will all still be on Christmas block leave.
So expect a call before the Christmas break at the latest. Don‘t be afraid to call the CFRC that you‘re dealing with and be up front with them. Quite frankly this is your life/career that you‘re talking about, get answers when you need them. Don‘t wait for them to call you... When I was CTing over to the Regs, I would be in touch with my CT clerk every week to see what the status of my transer was.

Back