• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long till I leave for BT?

J

Johnson

Hi,

I just finished all the steps in the recruiting process (test,interview,physical,medical etc..) and I passed them all. My question is how long does it usually take the recruiters to get back to me to let me know when I will be leaving for BT?

I want to know because if its going to be awhile i might as well start looking for a job to keep me busy until then.

I just cant wait to get out there and do my part! :cdn: :cdn: :warstory: :cdn: :cdn:

4-6 weeks is the amount of time it usually takes for everything to be reviewed and for them to get back to you. After that, they‘ll put you into the next BT slot.

I‘m playing the waiting game right now too...so you‘re in good company.

This past friday, the 15th, I was called and was offered a job from the PPCLI.

I started my application process in beginning of October, finished in first week of Novemeber.

I was told my swearing in is Feb 26, leave for BT on the March 9th, and starts the 11th.
Anyone else in this time fram also? Course is 0310.

Dacier,

I did the exact same thing as you, started the process first week of October and Finshed first week of November. I am still waiting for them to call me though, hopefully it will be soon.

Here‘s a question - once you‘re on the merit list, is that a guarantee that you‘ll get in (if you wait long enough?) Can you get on the list and then be passed over every time they pick recruits because you‘re not exactly what they‘re looking for? Is there a difference in choosing NCMs and officers, in that case?
Cheers,
Ralph.

I don‘t think there is ever a guarantee to get in. The more qualified people who always pass over the others.

I remember reading that the Army is never under any obligation to give anyone a job on one of the handout sheets they give you in the folder when you apply.

I was told the same as Dacier that once you make the list that you "compete" with the other candidates, but i was also told by the recruiter that i only really have to worry about former CF members re-enlisting

hey, guys, what are you going into? what trade/element? my dad is an ex-airframe tech in the CAF, and my bf is going into fire control sys tech in the army

I accepted the job from PPCLI, starting boot camp on the 11th of March in St. Jean.

So, of course going to the Infantry training course after BT.

Back