• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how do we get to BMQ?

bojangles

Inactive
Reaction score
This may be a silly question but are we responsible for getting ourselves to BMQ training in St Jean or does the military send us on a bus/plane? Just wondering if I will be driving myself or what?

Bojangles

Transportation from your unit (the cheapest way) will be reimbursted at the end of the course.  Its always a fixed number for everyone.  If the cheapest way of getting there is by bus, then you get (about) $2 X 2 no mater how you got there.

Where did you get that?  If the person is going Reg F, the CFRC will make the travel arrangements.  I work in a PRes unit.  When we send someone out of the local area for BMQ (ie. from Vancouver to Wainwright) we book the flight.  The mbr does not pay for this and get reimbursed.  They will have to make their own way to the airport etc, and that will be reimbursed.  That is the same whether you are Reg F or PRes.  The only time we send someone by bus or POMV (driving their own car) is when the course is local, for example, out in Chilliwack.

You will have transportation arranged for you by the CFRC where you were initially processed. Usually, they send you by plane or alternatively, train. They will not however make you find your own way to the course.

The only time we send someone by bus or POMV (driving their own car) is when the course is local, for example, out in Chilliwack.

Thats not 100% ture...my unit sent me by bus from Montreal to Toronto, then transfered from another bus from Toronto to Meaford this summer.

A plane would have been nice between Mtl and TO....but the army gods had other plans for me...  :crybaby:

Back