• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how do they notify you if you are in or out

scoobydoo

Inactive
Reaction score
I am just wondering how do they let you know if you made it to the forces or not? Do they do it by phone or by mail? :-[

Phone is a lot easier - expect that. Also, expect to wait a long time; not that it always takes a long time - sometimes it does - but it's good to have patience with the military.  ;)

You will get a call when you least expect it. Usually around 13:00 on Sunday morning.

what if you have a spam block and they e-mail you? or will they just call when it bonces back

wirrell said:
what if you have a spam block and they e-mail you? or will they just call when it bonces back
Well, you never know with those recruiters. >:D  No, I received a phone call and I'm sure they will phone you if you don't answer their emails.

Best of Luck

PMedMoe said:
1300 Sunday morning?  ???

On the last day of the month, the 32nd.  Annual forcasts are made in the month of Tremember, so that when the new fiscal year comes into effect on April Fools......I mean 1 April, there will be enough money to hire people.  ;D

George Wallace said:
On the last day of the month, the 32nd.  Annual forcasts are made in the month of Tremember, so that when the new fiscal year comes into effect on April Fools......I mean 1 April, there will be enough money to hire people.  ;D

Only on days that end in a "y", right, George?  :rofl:

George Wallace said:

Anecdotally, you laugh, but interestingly enough, a lot of companies actually do have 13th, (a tremember!) 14th and 15th periods of the year  in order to do all that financial wrangling and such after the "actual" year ends.  Maybe this folk is from the accounting world....

misfit said:
You will get a call when you least expect it. Usually around 13:00 on Sunday morning.

Can I use that timing during my next O Gp??

;D

"H-hour is...1300 Sunday morning..."

As to the question about spam-block (I am assuming you mean junk mail vice the meat stuff  :p), I believe the CRFC staff will attempt to contact you "via all means avail" until they actually make contact with you.  When I was waiting for my CT to come...I gave them my work phone and email and my home phone and civie email address (I say civie because my work email was a Forces email...).  Its your job to make sure they have a current means to contact you. 

Question..why...why would you tell them to email you...if you have your junkmail filter set so it won't come thru????

Lets be smart about being stupid.  ;D

Mud Recce Man said:
I believe the CRFC staff will attempt to contact you "via all means avail" until they actually make contact with you. 

Not CFRC Montreal, in my experience.  (I know, I know, I've been told not to apply through Montreal.... :) )

When they do call, it's terrible.  (Hi, this is (garbled due to background noice)  Lachance from the Recruiting (garbled). Please call (garbled).
Its not really a big deal if you've only applied to the forces; but when you're looking for work and have applied to many places,  getting calls from Recruiters who don't speak clearly can be  a major issue, especially if they don't call back!

I also had the privilege of dealing with this CFRC (cough cough)...good point!

Back