• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hopefully Getting A Call

JBrock

Inactive
Reaction score
I have had my application in since Jan 1st for Armoured, Combat Engineer, and Infantry for my three main choices. I know these trades open in April so I've been itching for a phone call haha. I've noticed that some other people here have been getting calls.

Really looking forward to getting on with the process and progressing towards the career i've been wanting so badly.
Friends of mine keep telling me how much of a blast they're having which doesn't help what so ever but I love hearing their stories!

JBrock said:
I know these trades open in April ...
Impressive, because it's still March!  You seem to have inside info.

Without sources, that tends to go really well around here  ;)

Fair enough- thank you for the qualification.

My question now is are you positive they said THOSE trades will open?  Or they said TRADES will open?

As far as I know (and from what I gather combing these boards) people don't actually know what trades will be open- with many people hinting that the combat arms might not among them. 

Everything is hearsay until it's officially released.

No problem jwtg, in response to your question I can say that I am positive that my recruiter said those three trades would open in April. He gave me a few numbers as well in regards to the amount of positions that will be filled from the Halifax office.

I can agree with you about the possibility that the combat arms trades might not open this year. When I originally applied in Jan and spoke with a few different recruiters there, many told me it was unlikely the trades I wanted would open because of an excess in the Infantry being dispursed into other combat arms trades.

We'll see what happens though, I've got my fingers crossed!

I too am awaiting my call but for ACISS (Merit Listed), Combat Engineer or Field Artillery! All you can do now is wait and we shall hopefully know by next week.

Good luck! Do everything you can to make the time go by easier.

I have had my application in for those same 3 trades since July 5th, 2010. Lets hope I can finally write the CFAT!

If you haven't at least booked your CFAT by now, I would call your local CFRC. I had both my CFAT and interview schedueled a few weeks after I had handed in my application.

Just a thought..

Might give them a call tomorrow, as of February they wouldn't let me do anything.

Since November 2010 they wouldn't let me apply for Infantry knowing it was closed and unlikely to open. Last month I've been told by CFRC they KNEW it wouldn't open in April. I will give another call tomorrow.

Let's just hope your recruiter was right.

JBrock said:
No problem jwtg, in response to your question I can say that I am positive that my recruiter said those three trades would open in April. He gave me a few numbers as well in regards to the amount of positions that will be filled from the Halifax office.

I can agree with you about the possibility that the combat arms trades might not open this year. When I originally applied in Jan and spoke with a few different recruiters there, many told me it was unlikely the trades I wanted would open because of an excess in the Infantry being dispursed into other combat arms trades.

We'll see what happens though, I've got my fingers crossed!

Pretty much in the same position here, except i am applying for :
- Transmission Officer
- Construction Engineering
- Aerospatial Controler

I've been told these trades didn't get much applications as of now. Also, I should be expecting a call in the next 2 weeks.

Got my fingers crossed!

Philippe.Boisseau said:
Pretty much in the same position here, except i am applying for :
- Transmission Officer
- Construction Engineering
- Aerospatial Controler

I've been told these trades didn't get much applications as of now. Also, I should be expecting a call in the next 2 weeks.

Got my fingers crossed!

I was told about two weeks aswell. Goodluck!

Sizzle709 said:
When you were you told two weeks if you don't mind my asking?

On friday. That would be April 1st 2011, they told me to expect a call WITHIN the next 2 weeks. Could be faster i guess!

denimboy said:
Since November 2010 they wouldn't let me apply for Infantry knowing it was closed and unlikely to open. Last month I've been told by CFRC they KNEW it wouldn't open in April. I will give another call tomorrow.

Let's just hope your recruiter was right.

Was just with my recruiter yesterday and he said infantry officer has opened and positions for infanteers have opened, however, they're only taking the cream of the crop. Hope this helps!

Philippe.Boisseau said:
On friday. That would be April 1st 2011, they told me to expect a call WITHIN the next 2 weeks. Could be faster i guess!

Same boat then, I'd say i'll see you at Basic!

Back