• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HMCS Huron To Be Sunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed the docu, but the thing that peeved me was that the documentary crew faked a camera on the ship. They had shots of Regina shooting at Huron then they cut to a "camera" on the ship where they would show fake computer generated bullets hitting it and the weirdest lighting.

dbouls said:
I enjoyed the docu, but the thing that peeved me was that the documentary crew faked a camera on the ship. They had shots of Regina shooting at Huron then they cut to a "camera" on the ship where they would show fake computer generated bullets hitting it and the weirdest lighting.

I admit I wasn't looking at it with a very critical eye, but what makes you say it was faked?

(My only gripe about that show is the awful writing.  When I went to school you didn't dare refer to a CPO1 as a "senior officer"!)

Guys,
The senior officer for Alqonquin, was Shawn Taylor.. I loved what he said about Huron.. is he still withAlgonquin or not any more? Also when the ships are in port is the pubic able to see them up close or no?
NIKKI

NASAAN101 said:
Also when the ships are in port is the pubic able to see them up close or no?

All Canadian navy ships are based at either Halifax (Nova Scotia) or Esquimalt (British Columbia).  Neither location would allow members of the public to walk right up to a ship, but in both places at least some of the ships are visible from a distance.  Individual ships do open themselves up to visitors from time to time, especially when visiting other ports.

NASAAN101 said:
Guys,
The senior officer for Alqonquin, was Shawn Taylor.. I loved what he said about Huron.. is he still withAlgonquin or not any more? Also when the ships are in port is the pubic able to see them up close or no?
NIKKI

We can't reveal the locations of our members for PERSEC reasons.

Ex-Dragoon,
Sorry. were can i fine some photo of colored Algonquin. she and her sister Huron are two of 9-ship candad has that i like.. i know that sound dump, but it true.. Now here is a little on why i like ships so much. One Sthey are leek, fast and almost Nothing can get near them. two there Huge and lastly there nice to look at ,even if they are warships.. what dose PERSEC mean?
NIKKI

:eek:

Google images for "HMCS Algonquin".  You will find all kinds of pictures!

NASAAN101 said:
Ex-Dragoon,
Sorry. were can i fine some photo of colored Algonquin. she and her sister Huron are two of 9-ship candad has that i like.. i know that sound dump, but it true.. Now here is a little on why i like ships so much. One Sthey are leek, fast and almost Nothing can get near them. two there Huge and lastly there nice to look at ,even if they are warships.. what dose PERSEC mean?
NIKKI

Ummm...what did you say?

PERSEC...is personnel security meaning revealing personal information about yourself or others is a no-no.

Ex-Dragoon,
Sorry, should not have asked.. Any way Halifa Nova Scotia was a port used since WW12 right.. The only reason i know hat is i'm bigg in to learning about it.. That also were some of Basttleships Bismarck Survivors came to wait out the rest of the war..
NIKKI

NASAAN101 said:
Ex-Dragoon,
Sorry, should not have asked.. Any way Halifa Nova Scotia was a port used since WW12 right.. The only reason i know hat is i'm bigg in to learning about it.. That also were some of Basttleships Bismarck Survivors came to wait out the rest of the war..
NIKKI

I know I have been tired lately, but I am positive I have not slept through ten World Wars in the past few years.  I am sure someone or something would have woken me up.      ;D

Halifax has been used as a naval port since 1759....so it was used by the Royal Navy before being taken over for the Canadian Navy (RCN et al)

I thing it was one of i think four ports used in WW2, i could be wrong on that.. Any way i'm sorry i asked ok.. he is one guys i would like to meet.. that all.. Any way, Dumb question, i don't know how much of WW2 you guys know about but here:  I've had this question on my mind for a very long time, and i've looked on the Internet for the Answer, but try as i may i haven't. so here!
Scharnhorst flashed a signal to Rawalpindi to "Heave to!" followed up with a warning shot across her bow! what dose that actually Mean? Do you guys and the US navy still do this to this day or not any more..
NIKKI

I do that frequently but it is usually after a mess dinner and several glasses of port. ;)

OMG! Why do i get the feeling this is going to be a long thread.. Any way, Dumb question, i don't know how much of WW2 you guys know about but here:  I've had this question on my mind for a very long time, and i've looked on the Internet for the Answer, but try as i may i haven't. so here! Scharnhorst flashed a signal to Rawalpindi to "Heave to!" followed up with a warning shot across her bow! what dose that actually Mean? Do you guys and the US navy still do this to this day or not any more..
Nikki

Nasaan101 why do you ask the same question twice.

Using the amazing tool of Google: Heave to>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaving_to  as much as I am loathe to use Wkipedia they are correct.

Sorry it's a habit.. but any way there was other part to the question: Do you guys and the US navy still fire warning shots to this day or not any more..

NIKKI

NASAAN101 said:
Sorry it's a habit.. but any way there was other part to the question: Do you guys and the US navy still fire warning shots to this day or not any more..

NIKKI

I cannot and will not answer for the US Navy and as for Canada firing Warning Shots, that depends on the situation and ROE (Rules of Engagement) we are operating under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back