• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HMCS Huron To Be Sunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine that a warship (and it's former crew) would greatly prefer seeing her go down in a blaze of glory... even if it was a gunnery practice... VS the alternative - being towed away and chopped up into little pieces - returning to us as little Mazdas & Subarus.

The Huron didn't necessarily go down in a fight - just the next best thing to one.

Guys,
i wasn't trying to get any one mad at me with the way i feel about Huron, she should been a museum ship. What was canada thinging as far as far as acutlly doing doing it, or were at going to sink her in the first place. she was tge second oldest ship in the class and Algonguin was the baby in the class, right?
Nikki

NASAAN101 said:
Guys,
i wasn't trying to get any one mad at me with the way i feel about Huron, she should been a museum ship. What was canada thinging as far as far as acutlly doing doing it, or were at going to sink her in the first place. she was tge second oldest ship in the class and Algonguin was the baby in the class, right?
Nikki

Been drinking again eh ?

NO.. Guys,
i wasn't trying to get any one mad at me with the way feel about Huron, she should been a museum ship. What was canada thinging as far as far as acutlly doing doing it, or were they going to sink her in the first place. she was the second oldest ship in the class and Algonguin was the baby in the class, right?
Nikki

NASAAN101 said:
NO.. Guys,
i wasn't trying to get any one mad at me with the way feel about Huron, she should been a museum ship. What was canada thinging as far as far as acutlly doing doing it, or were they going to sink her in the first place. she was the second oldest ship in the class and Algonguin was the baby in the class, right?
Nikki

I was only commenting on your language. You might want to read your posts a few time before posting. You might get a better reception if you ....oh , i dont know.......start making sense ?

Guys
Sorry. Algonquin is the Baby in the class right? Shawn Taylor who was on Algonquin was also on Huron to right, I love what he said about her.. And yes she did go down in the blaze of glory. Ok about this whole thing the only Misslie used was a surface to air not the surface to surface Missile right?
Nikki

The 280's are ships, they are INANIMATE objects. I think you have watched to many kids shows.

NASAAN101...So why do you feel this strong about the Huron? What connection do you have with this ship? Maybe if you enlighten us we will be better able to understand where you are coming from.
I will break a few things down for you:
What the Huron sinking accomplished:
1) It enabled our Navy and other Navies to predict how a ship would react with battle damage. This will save lives.
2) Seeing how long Huron stayed afloat with all that ordnance being shot into it gave our sailors confidence in our ships so we now know how much damage a 280 can absorb.
3) We don't get to shoot at actual ships a lot so this gave our crews confidence that our weapons can do as advertised.
4) Huron becomes a reef for marine life.

i wasn't trying to get any one mad at me with the way i feel about Huron, she should been a museum ship.
Why?Is there a group of people out there looking to buy an old 280 and turn it into a museum? Huron was laid up for several years before it was sunk? Was there any interest expresed then anout turning it into a museum? Had people wanted to I am sure they could have saved the ship if they were organized.
What was canada thinging as far as far as acutlly doing doing it, or were at going to sink her in the first place. she was tge second oldest ship in the class and Algonguin was the baby in the class, right?
Huh?You will have to explain the first part of your statment.  As for being the second oldest what does that have to do with anything? She was in the apparent worse condition then the other 3 280s.

Ex-Dragoon ,
you guys are going to think i'm Nuts, But i've always loved ships always, from Titanic to right down to the Bismarck.. that just the way i am.. I know it seams dumb, and i wish i could explain why, i just can't.. I thing one of the mean reasons is i had a consin who was in the US navy..  Also how far off the coast is she, i heard 92-miles, is that right? And how deep is she?
Nikki..

Nothing wrong with loving ships but be careful how you come across when you post.Right now your posts are not coming across to favourably.  As for her location check out the site I provided earlier.

Guys,
Any way, i had a friend ask me this Are Alqonquin and Huron, true twin sisters or no? Is Huron wreck a Dive site or Not yet?
NIKKI

Algonquin, Iroquois, Athabaskan and Huron all belong to the same class. There are some differences but you will find that in any warship of the same class.

Ummm you know from a previous post that Huron rests at 2,468 meters right?

It was a yawner for me.....  had some cool moments here and there but I wasn't to impressed.  I was hoping that the American sub would get a shot at it with it's torpedo I never knew the exact science of how they worked till I saw that show and it's pretty amazing.

OMG,
This is going good, But as far as the Sub that was there her name was Topeka, I liked watching it and for a while i had it taped. Also is it out to own on DVD or not just yet? As Were can i fine any photos of Huron and her sisters together? how many mile is 2,468 meters? I"m just asking ok.. One thing i should have said very early on RIP Huron..
NIKKI

NASAAN101 said:
OMG, 
As Were can i fine any photos of Huron and her sisters together? how many mile is 2,468 meters?
NIKKI

Work the Google... 

It is too bad that submarine didn't get to shoot the torpedo, seeing a MK48 rip through a 280 would have been something to see.  Sinking it they way they did was pretty boring to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back