• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HMCS Fredericton

K. Ash

Inactive
Reaction score
Got my posting yesterday to the Fredericton.  I was just wondering if any members here are posted there as well?

Not posted there but hear the Combat Department is a good one.

Not there as well. Don't know if there are any members that are posted there.

I had a tour on Freddie (even have the hat to prove it!) when it had a port call at Dubrovnik, Croatia in early 2001.  They wouldn't let us land our Griffon on the flight deck!  ;)

Seemed like a good ship with a good crew to this landlubber.  :salute:

I was ather commissioning back in '94

Freddy went to Dubrovnik? Charlottetown was in Split in early 2001. I didn't know anyone else went to Croatia that year.

I'll check my hat and get back to you.  I think you are right and it was Charlottetown.  Are you sure it was Split? 

Gunner said:
I'll check my hat and get back to you.   I think you are right and it was Charlottetown.   Are you sure it was Split?  

Yuppers...flew into there to rejoin the ship after my HLTA.

Well, I seem to recall we have had this conversation before so I'm going with you.  I'll do what others do on these forums and blame it on the mefloquine.

Well if the XO seems to be a good guy--that'll be one down.....I wonder about the Coxswain?//?

Yeah, it was definitely the Charlottetown that was in Split.  I flew back in there from my HLTA too.

I was looking at my passport when I was on my way to Berlin the other week, and noticed the stamp from Split.

I remember the guys saying they had some army folks down for a tour while we were in port there, but I never got back to the ship 'til the night before we sailed, so I didn't get a chance to look around much.  (I did find a shop that had a set of REL 1943 Binos though....kinda neat, wonder how they got there?)

Ex-Dragoon, I'm real curious now....I am quite certain I know you, and we've obviously sailed together....were you involved with that sailboat we recovered when we got into the med in 01?

NS

Back