• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hi from a new site sponsor - www.7-62.com - What's a Brit doing here??

sober_ruski said:
ay.
wanted to order a zippo, but you dont have Cdn version of Jimmy there.

Hi SR... Anything for a bleep!  Anyone who goes into battle in the Jimmy must be as hard as nails! ... so... Jimmy á la maple will go up on the site tonight. The engraving will look perfect on a Zippo... but if I went for anything big like a hip flask you'd start to see a little jaggedness (which don't cut the mustard) and I'd need a better source to clean than the one I found.

"If I can remind you of the realities of battle George, one of the first things that everyone notices is that all the protagonists have got their clothes on. Neither we, nor the Hun, favour fighting our battles "au naturel".

Best Regards,- Chris

Baldricks-Bullet said:
I was wrong... centered on the sword doesn't work... shifted a bit does:

DSCN3391.jpg

Ohh, I see this one already has my name engraved onto it's bottom!! Does it store tequila well?  :D
I've never owned a flask before!!

Tequila, vodka, gunpowder for your musket, those little pills that make the world go blurry... almost anything except elephants.

... shouldn't you be in bed??

Best Regards,- Chris

Baldricks-Bullet said:
Hi SR... Anything for a bleep!  Anyone who goes into battle in the Jimmy must be as hard as nails! ... so... Jimmy á la maple will go up on the site tonight. The engraving will look perfect on a Zippo... but if I went for anything big like a hip flask you'd start to see a little jaggedness (which don't cut the mustard) and I'd need a better source to clean than the one I found.

"If I can remind you of the realities of battle George, one of the first things that everyone notices is that all the protagonists have got their clothes on. Neither we, nor the Hun, favour fighting our battles "au naturel".

Best Regards,- Chris

Lol, not that extreme :D

I always wanted a Zippo but couldnt find one with the picture i wanted. Now that there is one like that, awesome. As soon as it is up, i'm ordering it.... or more realistically, on sunday night :D

airmich said:
Here are a couple more sites if you are interested in more logos.

This one is badges and insignia from all elements and this one is a Naval ship and air badge gallery.  The last one is missing quite a few, but still quite extensive.

Thanks AM... that's really great. The naval link is one of the best I've seen... as far as I can see though, the army link only has photos of badges rather than graphics (huge shame because had it been like the navy one - I could have knocked out any badge on request within about 5 minutes). Is there an army link with graphics anywhere?

Best Regards,- Chris

Sorry M....  Tried to get a photo of Jimmy á la Zippo up on site as you asked... but have failed ( :threat:  how do I make this smiley point the gun at his own head.)

I'll try tomorrow in daylight... the photos in the light of my torch... didn't quite work!

PS will only be displaying one side... well because you know why! Trust a bleep to ...? 

you mean it's already done?  :eek:
if it is i'd like to see how the other side looks too  :)

sober_ruski said:
you mean it's already done?  :eek:
if it is i'd like to see how the other side looks too  :)

'Tis indeed -  don't have a photo of the flip side and it's in the post... but will try to put up the sigs badge tonight."

Best regards,- Chris

DSCN3430.jpg
Sorry about the picci quality again... I'd love to have shown you the other side... I think it looks fantastic... but the oportunity has gone.

Best Regards,- Chris

Just been nudged to put this up....

Very tough one... getting the swirls behind the criss-cross... but I think I've done it... hope you agree

DSCF0029.jpg

Kat Stevens said:
That's a thing of beauty.

Question though: What does VRI stand for?  Very Rough Infantry?  It's just odd... I kind of expected RCR... or is this the french equivalent?

Gday Baldrick, hows tricks? Just wondering, is this international? And by that i mean, are you sending to Australia? I'm very, very tempted to see if you could rustle up something and how long it'd take to get down here.
Ta mate,
Hales

Hale said:
Gday Baldrick, hows tricks? Just wondering, is this international? And by that i mean, are you sending to Australia? I'm very, very tempted to see if you could rustle up something and how long it'd take to get down here.
Ta mate,
Hales

(Thanks Shamrock... solved... Victoria queen and empress)

Hi Hales...  Yes... international... free delivery to anywhere but the moon... I've actually sold to Oz and word on the street is about 8 days to delivery. Best Regards,- Chris

Back