• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Do you have to hate someone to kill them?

Conversely, if you can kill someone without hating them are you a psychopath or a sociopath?
No, and no.

Does a soldier have to hate their enemy? If not, do they have to be a psychopath or sociopath?

I'd actually go so far as saying, in the context of war, hating your enemy is more dangerous to your allies than just being professional.

Is that a rhetorical question or are you seeking a specific methodology? ;)

Pretty much rhetorical

No, and no.

Does a soldier have to hate their enemy? If not, do they have to be a psychopath or sociopath?

I'd actually go so far as saying, in the context of war, hating your enemy is more dangerous to your allies than just being professional.

In large part I agree with you.

I was just alluding to the narrow path that the soldier walks when talking to civilians. And the difficulties associated with finding well balanced soldiers.

Oh, I’m betting the entire administration is fully awake and tuned in, far better than us on the “outside”, on what’s happening and its 2nd/3rd order implications.
If prior administrations could f*ck up various crises they had to deal with, there's no reason this one can't f*ck up managing the crises it has to face.

But even as, the fighting condenses into micro-sieges, the urban battle resonates out across a global urban archipelago via digital communications and social media. Diasporas are recruited into the fighting to support their combatants. The urban battle transnationalises.
From Anthony King via @McG

HAMAS has been open in calling for global demonstrations.

Their calls have been successful in London, Washington and Canada.

In London they have been particularly successful in calling up demonstrations of up to 100,000 every weekend since October 7th.
The Metropolitan Police in London have been under fire for not being more active in policing the demonstrations.
They argue that their advisors are telling them there are no crimes being committed.

There is a major demonstration planned for Armistice Day, November 11th. Demonstrators have previously focused on the Cenotaph and Trafalgar Square.

The police and the politicians are both concerned about a flash point.

The police have had to sever connections with some of their advisors when the press reported they had HAMAS sympathies or connections.
They are also struggling with HAMAS sympathisers in their employ.
They are also up against some politicians, like the First Minister of Scotland and the leader of the Scottish opposition, as well as the Mayor of London, various councillors and mayors in the North, as well as the usual suspects like Jeremy Corbin, actively supporting HAMAS over Israel, or at least being very muted in their condemnation of HAMAS and vociferous in their condemnation of Israel.

And to top it all off the Armistice demonstration is being organized by six groups, three of which are run by HAMAS refugees from Palestine that are known to each other and police.

Back