• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
After successive warnings about rolling hand grenades into a high emotion topic without trying to engage in meaningful discussion, the member has been removed. Typically we do not post rationale on member sanctions but it's important to note this is not to censor a position but to help curate positive debate. The member actively refused to reply and engage with users.

- Milnet.ca Staff
I’m sure an “abduly86” will come soon…

After successive warnings about rolling hand grenades into a high emotion topic without trying to engage in meaningful discussion, the member has been removed. Typically we do not post rationale on member sanctions but it's important to note this is not to censor a position but to help curate positive debate. The member actively refused to reply and engage with users.

- Milnet.ca Staff
I'm not denying that abduly was known for "rolling hand grenades", but he did engage 'sometimes', and while no one here (myself included) shared his position on these matters, he nonetheless provided a much needed alternative perspective on the situation. While I'm not saying this removal was "a mistake", I think him being removed will increase the likelihood of this thread becoming nothing more than an echo chamber.

I'm not denying that abduly was known for "rolling hand grenades", but he did engage 'sometimes', and while no one here (myself included) shared his position on these matters, he nonetheless provided a much needed alternative perspective on the situation. While I'm not saying this removal was "a mistake", I think him being removed will increase the likelihood of this thread becoming nothing more than an echo chamber.

There's plenty of folks here who disagree with Israel's actions, support for Ukraine, etc and debate with good faith. The moderation staff has access to much more information on users and his account didn't pass the smell test. He was given plenty of rope privately and coached on forum behaviour. Quite honestly he's lucky he was allowed back after threatening to dox forum users.

Even Soldier35 actively debated despite being a likely Russian state sponsored troll, Abduly did not. We should have never needed to move it to the political area, but Abduly caused that so we could apply the politics thread rules.

You're more than welcome to take a stand and not make it an echo chamber. I'd suggest that perhaps the only reason it could become an echo chamber because a majority support the opposite side of the issue from Abduly, not because we're banning dissenters. Ifyou want a real echo chamber, head over to r/CanadianForces.

Yet some people are still moronic enough to keep poking that bear....
Yea, but most of the people that poked the bear are now dead. What's left of Hamas is in tatters; it's no longer a consolidated enemy. The IDF is no longer even fighting an insurgency, they're fighting against a hydra of ragtag clusters of Hamas. The distinction between a Hamas fighter, a Hamas supporter, and a pure civilian is growing thinner and thinner. Every time they bomb and kill a Hamas fighter, they kill or injure a non-combatant, and create a half dozen more Hamas converts in the process. Israel isn't fighting this war smartly any more. Bombing a school full of civilians to get a senior member of Hamas while claiming you are working toward a cease fire is inhuman and insane.

They are the bear that got poked, for sure, but it turns out that bear is sentient and highly intelligent, and it's chosen to sit on it's attacker and slowly crush it to death, bone by bone.

I will argue that most of the current generation of Gazans are a write off in regards to peace. Most are so indoctrinated that regardless of what Israel does, they will want to attack them. In the near term enough Hamas killed will allow other players to emerge. Apparently there are 5 powerful families there, allowing them to start taking the reigns in governing and aid distribution will help stabilize the place. They will get power and money and it will be in their interest to keep the nuttery to a minimum.

Yea, but most of the people that poked the bear are now dead. What's left of Hamas is in tatters; it's no longer a consolidated enemy. The IDF is no longer even fighting an insurgency, they're fighting against a hydra of ragtag clusters of Hamas. The distinction between a Hamas fighter, a Hamas supporter, and a pure civilian is growing thinner and thinner. Every time they bomb and kill a Hamas fighter, they kill or injure a non-combatant, and create a half dozen more Hamas converts in the process. Israel isn't fighting this war smartly any more. Bombing a school full of civilians to get a senior member of Hamas while claiming you are working toward a cease fire is inhuman and insane.

They are the bear that got poked, for sure, but it turns out that bear is sentient and highly intelligent, and it's chosen to sit on it's attacker and slowly crush it to death, bone by bone.
Can you blame them?

The original BDA from the strike was 20 - so I take issue with a school full of civilians narrative - we’ve seen repeated instances where Hamas just throws out BS numbers and for whatever reason media seem to drink it up.

I will argue that most of the current generation of Gazans are a write off in regards to peace. Most are so indoctrinated that regardless of what Israel does, they will want to attack them. In the near term enough Hamas killed will allow other players to emerge. Apparently there are 5 powerful families there, allowing them to start taking the reigns in governing and aid distribution will help stabilize the place. They will get power and money and it will be in their interest to keep the nuttery to a minimum.
I will agree. Once the indoctrination begins at a young age it is very difficult to undo the programming. IF you want peace in the ME start by telling young people on BOTH sides there are alternatives. NOW.

Interesting...

IDF rejects Hamas claim of over 90 dead after strike on terror operatives at Gaza school​

According to military assessments, Hamas operatives are struggling to remain inside tunnels as the long war drags on and are therefore increasingly moving to above-ground sites, while hiding among innocents.

The IDF also said two days ago that it had struck Hamas command and control centers in schools in the Daraj and Tuffah neighborhoods. On Monday it said the commander of Hamas’s Sheikh Radwan Battalion was killed in an airstrike at a school in Gaza City.

Back