• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
O.m.g. You are so clever! You got me! These issues are like, totally not nuanced; how can I possibly continue to support my position if I don't provide a very specific definition of long term. Oh no!
To someone who uses "totally" and asks a DA question that I assume is rhetorical, grow up.
Answer the question within your obviously limited ability.

To someone who uses "totally" and asks a DA question that I assume is rhetorical, grow up.
I think @Lumber was using sarcasm.

Either that or:

Pop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

I think @Lumber was using sarcasm.
Hundy P.

A precise definition/timeline for such a complex and nuanced situation is impossible.

Asking me to provide one in light of this is engaging in sophistry.

So, no, Scott.

Last edited:
Apologies have been made by TPS Chief for coffee enablement.

Interestingly, some/many will point out that the following types of after-the-fact ‘clarification’ is an indicator of an organization(s) playing catch-up/remediation to a situation not fully assessed during initial phases. On the back foot, one would say.

"Let me be clear and unequivocal: our commitment to keeping our city's Jewish community safe is unwavering. We are doing everything we can in the locations that have been targeted for demonstration to uphold and enforce the law," he [Chief Demkiw] wrote.

Being ‘clear and unequivocal’ on the backside of the infosphere’s perception curve is not the optimal phasing for being clear and unequivocal.

Apologies have been made by TPS Chief for coffee enablement.

That's nice.

Team Hamas did 20 GTA highway overpasses that day.

The next day, Sunday, they mustered 800 m. from the Nathan Phillips skating rink.

Maybe just a co-incidence, but Nathan Phillips happened to be Toronto's first Jewish mayor.

Are Canadian small towns prepared to handle regular protests of this size?

Small Towns don’t have populations like that, so it’s not a reasonable idea that they would have to.

My county has 65 Full time Deputies, lesser amount of Reserve and Auxiliaries, but a very large armed population, a Pro Palestinian march here firstly wouldn’t occur, secondly would end up in a bloody mess if folks from the wrong side of VA came to cause it.

why should Alberta get all the breaks. Can do the same in sw Ontario and by doing so finally outvote the denizens of Toronto and Ottawa
Exactly why it wouldn't happen, the liberals are not giving up their strongholds.
The State of Palestine may not have lasted for long (1947 until the establishment of the nation of Israel in 1948) but it is hardly a “fictitious” place.

Also, that’s a bit hyperbolic - there are short term protests about every single issue every weekend in Ottawa, to the point that they aren’t even reported on. My Jewish friends in various cities in Canada aren’t exactly hiding in fear of their lives due to “Jew-hating mobs infecting the streets”. I think your bias against cities (which is fine) is showing.
Ok I give up, I searched and do not find anything indicating that there was a state of Palestine in 1947. Evern the UN site doesn't list it. It does mention that a 2 state solution was proposed at that time.

Small Towns don’t have populations like that, so it’s not a reasonable idea that they would have to.

Which is why I wondered about this,

a Pro Palestinian march here firstly wouldn’t occur, secondly would end up in a bloody mess if folks from the wrong side of VA came to cause it.

Remembering Charlottesville, VA.

"Jews will not replace us."

"Very fine people on both sides!"

The State of Palestine may not have lasted for long (1947 until the establishment of the nation of Israel in 1948) but it is hardly a “fictitious” place.

Also, that’s a bit hyperbolic - there are short term protests about every single issue every weekend in Ottawa, to the point that they aren’t even reported on. My Jewish friends in various cities in Canada aren’t exactly hiding in fear of their lives due to “Jew-hating mobs infecting the streets”. I think your bias against cities (which is fine) is showing.
It is a fiction. It never existed, basically with the withdrawal of the British there was a State of War in the region, the fallout of that was the new State of Israel, and expansions of Jordanian and Egyptian territory.

Exactly why it wouldn't happen, the liberals are not giving up their strongholds.

Ok I give up, I searched and do not find anything indicating that there was a state of Palestine in 1947. Evern the UN site doesn't list it. It does mention that a 2 state solution was proposed at that time.
The PLO declared "independence" and established the "State of Palestine" in 1988 based on the premise that the UN partition agreement that the Palestinian Arabs rejected in 1947 WOULD have created a Palestinian State (if the failed Arab attempt to eliminate the nascent Jewish state hadn't ended in defeat). A nice bit of historical revisionism....rejecting the original partition plan but later claiming independent statehood based on the original terms of the rejected partition plan.

Wikipedia has an article on the background here

Are Canadian small towns prepared to handle regular protests of this size?

Doubt you'd see a 'Free Palestine' protest of any significance in a Prince George, Grand Prairie, Yorkton or a Brandon, never mind even smaller towns where the locals or farmers don't give a shit about your made-up problems. I remember reading an article where a bunch of lunatics stormed the legislation in Regina protesting the money the province donated to Israel and their flag flown inside the building. Other then that, most of the lunacy has been centralized to large cities like Toronto where there are large, diverse populations and more infrastructure to block. Living in the center of the universe has its drawbacks too.

I doubt if there will be many protests in smaller cities or towns. Particularly where everyone knows everyone- and everything

Are Canadian small towns prepared to handle protests of this size?

A few years ago the eco-terrorists from Vancouver blocked the highway just south. A native fellow in an old pick up parked near by and walked up with a bag of rattlesnakes and threw it right where one person with a bullhorn was standing beside another lad who had affixed himself to the road. The fellow glued to the road crapped his pants. Protest relocated to Victoria.
Which is why I wondered about this,

Remembering Charlottesville, VA.

"Jews will not replace us."

"Very fine people on

I doubt if there will be many protests in smaller cities or towns. Particularly where everyone knows everyone- and everything
I now live in rural BC just between Vernon and Revelstoke. Unlikely to see very many protests of anything within the small towns like Armstrong or Revelstoke etc. People around these parts have little time for international political problems and zero tolerance for outside interference in their lives.

it seemed that small towns in the US had BLM issues a few years ago…

My guess though is that major Jewish populations in Canada are in major cities. (I stand to be corrected though). These protests are targeting those communities in those major cities. It’s likely also where most Palestinian supporters will be found as well.

We recently had protesters in the west end targeting an intersection near a grocery store known to carry kosher food and cater to the Jewish community in Ottawa. The organisers claimed it was just a coincidence but everyone knows they were full shyte.

One protest in Lethbridge organized on November 14th 2023 by the local chapter of Ralph Nader's Public Interest Research Group. Way to stay relevant kids!

They got about a hundred of the usual suspects outside City Hall.

Back