• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
Well isn't that interesting. I can see the FBI, CIA, DEA et al in this a$$hat's future. Maybe he needs a few days in GP with some redneck Mericuns. Bubba and Bobby Joe would love this guy as a cell mate.

Let’s not go overboard here. There are plenty of perfectly legal ways to donate to something or other that at least somewhat benefits Palestinians. Anyone donating to an established and legally registered charity is fine.

Well isn't that interesting. I can see the FBI, CIA, DEA et al in this a$$hat's future. Maybe he needs a few days in GP with some redneck Mericuns. Bubba and Bobby Joe would love this guy as a cell mate.
Depending on said ‘Muricans’ political leanings, they might get along just fine.

But, as @brihard says, it’s not like they are saying they’re donating to www . Givemoneytohamas . Org . Ru.

Let’s not go overboard here. There are plenty of perfectly legal ways to donate to something or other that at least somewhat benefits Palestinians. Anyone donating to an established and legally registered charity is fine.
except any registered org. with a name starting with the initials UN

“This (coffee) business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.” - Toronto Police Chief Myron Demkiw - The Hunt for Double Donuts

Seriously, not sure why the TPS delivered that coffee today, but it was a bone headed stupid move that will earn another thank you from Hamas.
Really quite ashamed of the whole political and policing/ intelligence apparatus of the Canadian and Ontario governments right now. A pox on them, on this issue may the chickens roost up their rear ends.

The chances of it going to Hamas either way are pretty high though.

There's a number of videos of Palestinains complaining that Hamas takes the aid food let in to Gaza then sells it to the population. Couple videos of Hamas shooting at people going near the trucks with food.

So short term pro terrorist activities in Canada are okay for you?
Absolutely not. I personally think those who chant "long live the intifada" should be arrested and charged with hate crimes.

But even those people, in accordance with our laws, wouldn't have their bank accounts frozen.

There was a reason bank accounts were frozen for the convoy.

Sure, IF the portests turn into long term disruptions and the local or provincial police refuse or are incapable of taking appropriate action, absolutely.
A definition of long term is required pls. (1wk, 4 wks, infinity?)

“This (coffee) business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.” - Toronto Police Chief Myron Demkiw - The Hunt for Double Donuts

Tip your server! < Just kidding.

There were at least 20 highway overpass protest locations in the GTA yesterday.

9 at the 401.

3 at the D V P.

4 at the 403.

2 at the 410.

1 at the 400.

And, 1 on Roncevalles Ave.

8 were in Toronto.

Armour Heights is pretty unique in that the 401 cuts right through the center of a neighborhood that has a number of Jewish stores, restaurants and synagogues.

Not sure if coffee delivery would apply only to the Armour Heights location, or the others as well.

As for today, looks like there will be a get-together at Union Station.

A definition of long term is required pls. (1wk, 4 wks, infinity?)
O.m.g. You are so clever! You got me! These issues are like, totally not nuanced; how can I possibly continue to support my position if I don't provide a very specific definition of long term. Oh no!

Absolutely not. I personally think those who chant "long live the intifada" should be arrested and charged with hate crimes.

But even those people, in accordance with our laws, wouldn't have their bank accounts frozen.
Why not?
There was a reason bank accounts were frozen for the convoy.
A valid legal reason?

Because frankly it’s pretty clear to me the Hamas supporters are a clear threat to Canadian security as opposed to the Truckers who could have been handled a lot better earlier, but maybe PMJT will let this snowball too.

The chances of it going to Hamas either way are pretty high though.

There's a number of videos of Palestinains complaining that Hamas takes the aid food let in to Gaza then sells it to the population. Couple videos of Hamas shooting at people going near the trucks with food.
The same MO as Somali warlords.

Because in Canada your bank accounts don't get frozen simply for having committed a crime. In this case, I would consider those chants hat3 crimes, which simply would not result in their banks accounts being frozen. I'll go further: if I could decide, I wouldnt change this. It's a slippery slope. There has to be a more in-depth reason why your banks account needs to be frozen, not just "He bad! Me take away his money!".

A valid legal reason?

Yes, absolutely, just as the commission determined and the majority of Canadians agreed. I'm not rehashing that again.

Because frankly it’s pretty clear to me the Hamas supporters are a clear threat to Canadian security as opposed to the Truckers who could have been handled a lot better earlier, but maybe PMJT will let this snowball too.

Again, this is nuanced. Who are "the Hamas supporters"? Are they naïve university students chanting shit they don't understand? Are they family members of civilians killed in the fighting? Are they actual zealots? Are those zealots organize or just a couple of friends who are angry? Or, are these local leaders who have power and influence over the community, have ties back to organization in Gaza (including but not limited to Hamas? Are these people making a coordinated effort? Are they actively fund raising for Hamas?

For the last few I listed there, I agree that they are a bigger threat to Canada than the Truckers were, but for the first few, who make up the majority of the protestors, I do not, though like I said if they are chanting shit like "long live the intifada" I consider them having committed hate crimes.

When Trudeau steps up the mic and tells them to leave, and they don't. Freeze the accounts! If they have any to begin with.

Canada is a joke.

The big difference here is that was one single protest that was allowed to stew and fester. What we have now is a whole lot of short term protests. If Trudeau stood up and said "leave" they'd be like "yea dude, we were already planning on being home for iftar, relax".

If the authorities can identify some kind of centralized and organized group of people who are organizing and coordinating both these protests and pro-Hamas fundraising, then absolutely let's freeze their banks accounts.

Back