• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

gun license

531_Angel

hey everyone.  question for ya.  How do i acquire my restricted gun license?  do i do it through the military?  and by getting this, i can acquire fully automatic weapons right? 

im just asking this cuz i always thought it would be fun to own an AR-15 and whatnot.  :mg:

The hunting Associations of your province usually run it and being in the military has no bearing on this course at all. If you want a restricted weapon you still must take the course. And no... full autos are prohibted weapons there are some still in private hands but they are grandfathered.

Taio said:
hey everyone.   question for ya.   How do i acquire my restricted gun license?   do i do it through the military?    and by getting this, i can acquire fully automatic weapons right?  

im just asking this cuz i always thought it would be fun to own an AR-15 and whatnot.    :mg:

It would be your FAC course that you have to take, and the restricted firearms falls under the hand guns.

ToRN said:
There is no more FAC, as of December 1, 1998, it was replaced with the PAL (Possession and Acquisition License)

Click to go to the Canadian FIrearms Centre website for more information.

yea, that's what I ment, it's basically the same thing though.  I just keep calling it FAC.

When it comes to writing your restricted test you have two options. You can take the restricted course or if you believe your sufficeint in pistols now you can challenge the test. I would reccomend picking up the restricted course book at a local outdoor store and read it first if you choose to challenge the test, so to make sure they don't try to trick you on the exam, something I've heard about on firearms exams already. It's as if they want you to fail. As for getting it through the military I don't know about restricted. I've hared that you can get your non restricted from a guy in the Royal Westies, but I think he said no to restricted.

:soldier:
If you plan on gatting your restricted Firearms Permit you have to take the course with in one year of taking your non-restricted or else you'll have to sit in on the non-restricted before being able to do the restricted.  The restricted coarse is about 6hrs then you have to take the test.  This licesnce allows you to purches pistols, and some types of rifle the non-restricted dosen't cover.  You will NOT! be able to by full automatic or burst weapons with this licesnce.
:mg: :fifty: :gunner: :cdn: :salute: :bullet:

Back