• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gonna be a daddy!

VIChris

Inactive
Reaction score
Dropped a steamer in the gene pool a while back, and today I saw the little bugger for the first time. My wife is about ten weeks along, and we got to see a couple of little legs on the blob, and could hear a very steady - albeit fast - heartbeat. First kid for us, and the first kid from my generation on my moms side of the family, as well as on my wife's side, so there are a lot of stoked folks in our house these days! I just had to jump up and scream about it. ;D

It's a girl!! An evil girl; I have osmosed all my [& Moe's] evilness to her!!

Enjoy your euphoria while it lasts (until about age 12)!!  >:D

ArmyVern said:

Wonder if she'll be a redhead??  ;)    >:D

PMedMoe said:
Wonder if she'll be a redhead??  ;)    >:D

Of course she will be for that is the main source of my evilness - now osmosed to her!  >:D

Oh sure, bring that up... Redheads run in the Scottish side of my family too. Hell I've even got a red beard, at least when I'm not at the armoury. I don't think I could handle a redheaded daughter. Though I figure if I am cursed with a hot daughter, I'll just be sure to spend a lot of time in the front yard wearing my black belt, cleaning my rifle in front of my sword collection.

Welcome to the club buds.  It's one of the most stressful, yet joyous experiences you will ever get to have.  :)

ArmyVern said:

12 mine is 2 and is evil....... but congrats

VIChris said:
Oh sure, bring that up... Redheads run in the Scottish side of my family too. Hell I've even got a red beard, at least when I'm not at the armoury. I don't think I could handle a redheaded daughter. Though I figure if I am cursed with a hot daughter, I'll just be sure to spend a lot of time in the front yard wearing my black belt, cleaning my rifle in front of my sword collection.

Of course she'll be hot. ALL redheads are hot.  ;D

Congrats and good luck ... you'll need it!

:)

Congrats. You'll love and hate being a parent. I was lucky to have two kids, one boy and one girl.  I love them both dearly but I'd rather raise 10 boys than one girl! On the up side I am now a Grandfather (thanks I know I don't look it) Life is good. Having a daughter did prepare me for this job. As a father of a daughter I no longer fall prey to the batting eyelashes and tears. This has been a huge help in my current job as a Recruiter.

Good luck and remember you are a parent and not a friend. They will hate you and love you in the same breath but when all is said and done they will always come to you for advice and for comfort. Just be there.

ArmyVern said:

LOL - so true.  She will work your heart strings so you think she is an angel until it is too late and then POW!  The real evil comes out.

Saw another ultrasound today, looks like a boy. The ultrasound tech told us with 99.9% certainty that we were looking at a dude, and that's good enough for me. The wife's a  little bummed, cause she'll still be the only female in the house, but I'm stoked cause I'll only have one dick to worry about when the kid grows up.

E-Cigars for everyone!

I'm stoked cause I'll only have one dick to worry about when the kid grows up.

That may be true...but wait to see the stinky, dirty bedroom, clothes, NAILS and hair your going to have to deal with it being a boy.  ;D

Congratulations!!!!!

Awesome news, it will be the best thing you ever do in your life.

Expect a year of agony, followed by more and more of a return on investment until it's mostly laughing and loving with only a little stress.

See if you can hold a leg during delivery though, it's mind blowing!

Back