• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Game Time!!!! Movie Quotes

"You know, Dick, if I had my way, I'd meet Rommel face to face; him in his tank and me in mine. We'd meet out there somewhere; salute each other, maybe drink a toast, then we'd button up and go at it. The winner of the battle would win the war."

Mud Recce Man said:
"You know, Dick, if I had my way, I'd meet Rommel face to face; him in his tank and me in mine. We'd meet out there somewhere; salute each other, maybe drink a toast, then we'd button up and go at it. The winner of the battle would win the war."
That would be from the movie Patton, would it not?

"It makes no difference who you are, no matter how much training you got and the tougher guy you might be. When you're at the wrong spot at the wrong time, you gonna get it."

"Life's like a box of chocolates...yah never know what your gonna get"

HL

Terminator and Forrest Gump....

here's one from a classic

" I picked you for this assignment not only because of your superb fighting ability but also because in the unlikely event you are captured; the Germans would assume from your attire that they had captured a wretched peasant and immediatly send you on your way."

From an oldie but a goodie...

"Sir, I've inspected this boat, and I think you ought to know that I can't swim."

" I picked you for this assignment not only because of your superb fighting ability but also because in the unlikely event you are captured; the Germans would assume from your attire that they had captured a wretched peasant and immediatly send you on your way."

That one sounds like its from a bridge too far?

Ha - could be! 

That line was from Guns of Navarone (Cpl Millar the explosives expert, as the boat was about to sink at the start of the film)

Next - another oldie:

"Hancock. I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?"

Centurian1985 said:
Ha - could be! 

That line was from Guns of Navarone (Cpl Millar the explosives expert, as the boat was about to sink at the start of the film)

Next - another oldie:

"Hancock. I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?"

A Bridge Too Far

"Right, you're all on a charge."

"Well, you'd better make it murder, because I'm gonna knock your block off."

Shelldrake is correct: the Odd Angry Shot

Next entry:

If God could do the tricks that we can do he'd be a happy man!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Col.  XXXXXX: All right. Four planes. Cuban bunker, Russian bunker. munitions dump, troop tents. Four machine gun bunkers. Back here by the drive-in screen are your political prisoners. We'll cause a diversion over here... cut holes in the wire here, fire on all these machine gun positions. The B-Group comes across this area in a flanking maneuver... and when you reach this bunker, you lay down grazing fire on this defilade. I think that's pretty simple. Anybody got any questions so far?
Aardvark: What's a "flank?"
Toni: What's a "defilade?"
Robert: What's "grazing fire?"
Col.  XXXXXX:  I need a drink.

Back