• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Game Time!!!! Movie Quotes

What an interesting thread! You guys have really come out with some interesting quotations. Thought I would try my hand at a couple. First off:

C******  *****: Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the ***** out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

Enjoy!

TCBF said:
Mister Roberts?

Close.

Captain Queeg: Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

The Caine Mutiny.

Ok try this one:

"When you're slapped, you're gonna take it and like it."

The Caine Mutiny - The one with Bogey?

"When you're slapped, you're gonna take it and like it."

- FAIL SAFE?  Walter Mathau slapped out his date in a convertible.  Come to think of it, he did something like that in Charlie Varrick (whatever) too.

Danjanou said:
Close.

The Caine Mutiny.

Good one. Its been decades since I've seen the movie, but I believe the quotation takes place when Capt Q is on the witness stand during the court-martial. If I remember correctly he then reaches into his pocket and brings out the ball bearings and starts rolling them around in his hand. That's when the everyone realizes his subordinates were right and that Capt Q is crazy.

Ok, how about this one:

"When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk."

"When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk": I think that's either The Good, The Bad and the Ugly or A fistful of dollars or some other spaghetti western? 

TCBF, nope, not even in the ballpark. I'll give you a hint, actually two. It is a war movie, and it's got Bogey in it.

Danjanou said:
TCBF, nope, not even in the ballpark. I'll give you a hint, actually two. It is a war movie, and it's got Bogey in it.

Sorry Danjanou you got it wrong. VonGarvin it right.

vonGarvin said:
"When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk": I think that's either The Good, The Bad and the Ugly or A fistful of dollars or some other spaghetti western? 

Its from the bathtub scene in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly where Ugly (Eli Wallace) is having a bath and a guy, who was one of three guys Ugly had shot during the introductory scene at the beginning of the movie. The guy starts blabbing about has he is going to get revenge when Ugly, who baths with his gun apparently, shots him four or five times. That's when he utters "When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk." One of the great movie quotes.

ad42003.gif

Not quite a quote, but to what does the ad refer?
The Elder members we have will nail it.
Quite a good movie. (imo)

Frankie said:
Not quite a quote, but to what does the ad refer?
Elder members have the will nail it.
Quite a good movie. (imo)

133140.jpg

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800132003

"What're yer legs?"
"Steel springs!"
"What are they gonna do?"
"Hurl me down the track!"
"How fast can you run?"
"Fast as a leopard!"
"How fast are you gonna run?"
"FAST AS A LEOPARD!"
"Then let's see you do it!"

Steve 1 RNFLDR said:
"What're yer legs?"
"Steel springs!"
"What are they gonna do?"
"Hurl me down the track!"
"How fast can you run?"
"Fast as a leopard!"
"How fast are you gonna run?"
"FAST AS A LEOPARD!"
"Then let's see you do it!"

Running coach Uncle Jack, from the film "Gallipoli"

ok guess this one guys/gals :)

I fear not the man who has practised 10,000 kicks once, but i fear the man who has practised one kick 10,000 times ;D

Here's one of my favourities!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Good old Roy Batty from Blade Runner isn't it? That movie will haunt me forever, not that it isn't good, just that we studied it in school and i don't think I'll ever forget it.

How bout this? (Excuse the misspelt towns)
"Don't you Rednecks have names instead of number?"
"This is Jones From Bilchweg and this is Jones from Balhweg and there are four other Jones' in C company, confusing? Isn't it Dutchy?"

Greatest movie ever made, i used to see it as a gift that i could remember almost every line...my brother used to see it as damn annoying! Anyone know a video store near Pet or Pembrook that has Gallipoli or The Light Horsemen?

Trooper Hale said:
How bout this? (Excuse the misspelt towns)
"Don't you Rednecks have names instead of number?"
"This is Jones From Bilchweg and this is Jones from Balhweg and there are four other Jones' in C company, confusing? Isn't it Dutchy?"

Zulu.  Same character who asked : "And who do think is coming to wipe out your little command, the Brigade of Guards?" 

Ohhh, it is Zulu but your thinking of the bloke from the Boer from the NNC. Try again?

Back