• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

From application through basic training

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying frogs

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information, I have completed all of the steps in the application, and now I am being told I could be offered o job offer in three weeks once Ottawa has finished with everything they need.

I am concerned about the phone call I will recieve, as well as when I go to basic training, do I have to for 13 weeks without any income as I will then be leaving my job that I have now, or is there a circumstance to use my EI hours to pay my rent while I am away.

This may seem like an odd question but if anyone knows anything please let me know.
:yellow:

flying frogs said:
Does anyone have any information, I have completed all of the steps in the application, and now I am being told I could be offered o job offer in three weeks once Ottawa has finished with everything they need.

I am concerned about the phone call I will recieve, as well as when I go to basic training, do I have to for 13 weeks without any income as I will then be leaving my job that I have now, or is there a circumstance to use my EI hours to pay my rent while I am away.

This may seem like an odd question but if anyone knows anything please let me know.
:yellow:

This thread is going to be locked faster than you can shake a stick, so I'll try to be quick. ;)

You will be paid from your travel date (i.e. the day you go to St. Jean or Borden for basic). The rate of pay will depend on trade and entry plan. Pay is bimonthly. Take docs with you to prove you are paying rent back home and then they will not deduct rations and quarters from your salary while you are there. Take any evidence of dependants (wife, kids) with you as well.

Good luck!

i started the process to join the army about 2 months ago.  i do not have the best credit record in the world( a couple collections on there. but also some good, as the bad is from my younger day's.) and need to know if this will be a reason to not get in? also, the recruiting office called me 3 weeks ago, i have a criminal record so i had to go and get finger prints done. anyone know how long this will hold things up for?

and one more question, what do you do if there is time between basic, soldier qualification and your specific trade training.

hope i can get some help on these questions, thanks in advance.

The only true answers will have to come from the CFRC folks, however there is plenty of reading here for you to see what others have had.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back