• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Jordan Peterson interviews one of the original signatories of our Charter of Rights and Freedoms where they discuss the constitutional crisis unfolding in Canada right now.

What constitutional crisis? The one thing that has become very clear to me is that very few people understand our constitution. Charter rights are not absolute, they are all subject to reasonable limits.

What constitutional crisis? The one thing that has become very clear to me is that very few people understand our constitution. Charter rights are not absolute, they are all subject to reasonable limits.
Why don’t you try listening to the interview, they talk directly about the limits. Brian Peckford was one of the original signatories on the Charter, he is a plank owner of our charter.

Yeah. I will bet the next family get together will be…awkward.
last week his wife “didn’t know”they can’t accept gifts, this week the brother in law “didn’t know” all the information.

Nobody in his family knows anything. That’s all.

Why don’t you try listening to the interview, they talk directly about the limits. Brian Peckford was one of the original signatories on the Charter, he is a plank owner of our charter.
That and $1.50 buys you a coffee. I'm not sure mere mortality compared to the other signatories gives him any particular gravitas.

He supports the PPC if that suits anyone's fancy.

And…3…2…1… time to try and discredit those whom you disagree with.

Brian Peckford’s contributions to this country, including his role in negotiating what is now our Charter, more than qualifies him on this subject. Only unbelievably dismissive arrogance would suggest otherwise.

Brian Peckford’s contributions to this country, including his role in negotiating what is now our Charter, more than qualifies him on this subject. Only unbelievably dismissive arrogance would suggest otherwise.
You mean like you would if he supported stricter measures to fight covid???

I have yet to hear one ex-pat Canadian who is a celebrity in the US who can even get the basics of our political system right when they are talking to Americans. Doesn't matter if they are left wing (Seth Rogan) or right wing (Jordan Peterson).

Come to think of it, I have a feeling that over half of our country think that our system is the same as the US.

I have yet to hear one ex-pat Canadian who is a celebrity in the US who can even get the basics of our political system right when they are talking to Americans. Doesn't matter if they are left wing (Seth Rogan) or right wing (Jordan Peterson).

Come to think of it, I have a feeling that over half of our country think that our system is the same as the US.
The right to remain silent is always a funny one to me.

I plead the 5th always gets a laugh out of me. Now if someone says section 13 of the charter I get that I'm talking to someone with at least a basic grasp how things work in Canada

I plead the 5th always gets a laugh out of me. Now if someone says section 13 of the charter I get that I'm talking to someone with at least a basic grasp how things work in Canada

For me is our colloquial adoption of American "free speech"... Always drives me nuts.

11c would actually be more appropriate.

Not being dismissive or trying to discredit- just offering some context. He has as much right to say his piece as anyone else, and be judged by what he says and the company he keeps now. Same with Jordan Peterson; although it would help if I understood what he is saying half the time.

I did close protection for him once and found him to be an arrogant ego on legs, so perhaps that is clouding my view.

Jordan Peterson is the platform, Brian Peckford is the voice.

I often wonder why we/the media give any particular attention to media or sports celebrities on matters that are out of their lane. No doubt they have views, and some seem particularly engaged in certain topics, but to think somebody who is famous for being famous automatically has knowledgeable insight on complex issues strikes me as odd.

Back