• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Okay then, I hope he doesn't skate away with a very minor brush with the Great Plague, at least he'll have a real reason to shirk his job for a few days.

I'm living in Ottawa at the moment in the downtown core.

This protest in Ottawa was / is the most horrible and questionable Canadian "protest" I have ever witnessed first hand.

They said it was about "mandates" and "vaccine passports" but it was secretly planned by Pat King, a white supremacist who is extremely racist to muslims, amongst other minorities, on the 5 year anniversary of the Quebec Mosque shooting. The vigil for this shooting tragically had to be cancelled when the convoy rolled in due to safety concerns.

I was listening in on the truckers CB radios and Apps and they were at times yelling "Hail Pat King" and saying how awesome he was as they rolled into Ottawa to reign terror on local residents, the convoy reserved a special spot for Pat King right in front of Parliament Hill. It seemed like most on their comms were aware of what was going on and who the real organizer was.

Once the convoy rolled in the nazi flags, confederate flags, and other blatant hate symbols starting coming out without any resistance. Participants danced on the tomb of the unknown soldier, defaced our statues including that of Terry Fox, pissed and shit everywhere causing what some people are saying is spring time biohazard, and are going around openly intimidating people. They also intimidated the staff at the homeless shelter, took the food that was intended to be for the homeless, and left them with nothing. As they drive around honking until 2-3am many of them are wasted, shooting fireworks from cars, doing burnouts, and going the wrong way down one-way streets. Small stages were set and some speakers tried to say that white supremacists were just "freedom fighters" trying to help the anti-vaxxers cause. All of this has been recorded.

They said the convoy was just truckers, but in an industry that is made up of mostly immigrants, this convoy was all white guys. Lots of minorities in Ottawa are STILL staying off the streets, they are still scared. Some minorities on reddit are saying they were too scared to even walk their dogs and were staying in their apartments until it ends. I know of at least one assault so far that has been filmed.

The roaming convoys of vehicles were going around constantly honking, some of them put train horns on their trucks to be extra loud, many people's pets were really freaked out and having panic attacks, this was a really a cruel experience for not only citizens but also their animals.

I know soldiers and veterans of many colours in this city. If O'Toole truly supports this thing, he has really turned on the CAF's ethos for nothing more than a few cheap votes from those who support blatant racism. Max Bernier is here and on board as well but that's not really a surprise.

Anyone who doesn't see what this really is, needs to give their heads a shake. I suspect there will be a lot more coverage of this awful event over the next few weeks.
And this needs to be investigated (not sure by whom, to be honest at the moment, but some level of rigor by whatever aganecy(ies)) to at least formally assess who was leading and/or significantly involved in what during the development and peak of the protest activity.

I do not think it’s a simple as ‘a white-supremist duped many and had his supporters and fellow white-supremists co-opt the entire effort.’

Do we, without exception, write off everyone involved as representing the uglier side of Canadian society? Canada’s First Nations? Francophones? Etc.?

While I chose to not travel to Parliament Hill myself, from doing a wide scan of various media and social networking means, I saw a lot more diversity that just the bunch of red-neck white-supremists noted by many as being the core of the protest.

This article by the National Post has several embedded media examples of the breadth of the participation in the protest. So do we judge the indigenous people participating (per one of the embedded videos) to also be white-supremists? Les québécois(es) aussi impliqué(e)s aux activités reliées à la protestation?

While not attempting to ignore the darker side of the protest, nor should we fail to acknowledge the many diverse groups who were participating in good faith to note their frustrations with various elements of the Government’s wider activities/actions surrounding the pandemic.

$0.02

Regards
G2G

Thanks for the first hand account. I stayed away. My only contact with the protest were supporters on the over pass (looked more like a small family outing with kids etc) and seeing a 50 vehicle convoy arrive. Pretty tame.

I saw confirmation yesterday about who was running the press conference (with no actual press).

Pat King, Tamara Lich and BJ Lichter. All three. Speaking for and representing this thing. That tells me everything I need to know about what this is really about.
Did you actually watch it? Because I did. Other than some childish name calling and silly rhetoric, they came across as pretty reasonable people who laid out exactly who and what this whole thing is about, and the absence of the Gweat and Tewible CBC.

And this needs to be investigated (not sure by whom, to be honest at the moment, but some level of rigor by whatever aganecy(ies)) to at least formally assess who was leading and/or significantly involved in what during the development and peak of the protest activity.

I do not think it’s a simple as ‘a white-supremist duped many and had his supporters and fellow white-supremists co-opt the entire effort.’

Do we, without exception, write off everyone involved as representing the uglier side of Canadian society? Canada’s First Nations? Francophones? Etc.?

While I chose to not travel to Parliament Hill myself, from doing a wide scan of various media and social networking means, I saw a lot more diversity that just the bunch of red-neck white-supremists noted by many as being the core of the protest.

This article by the National Post has several embedded media examples of the breadth of the participation in the protest. So do we judge the indigenous people participating (per one of the embedded videos) to also be white-supremists? Les québécois(es) aussi impliqué(e)s aux activités reliées à la protestation?

While not attempting to ignore the darker side of the protest, nor should we fail to acknowledge the many diverse groups who were participating in good faith to note their frustrations with various elements of the Government’s wider activities/actions surrounding the pandemic.

$0.02

Regards
G2G

We're talking about an event that stormed the 5 year anniversary vigil of the Quebec mosque shooting run by actual white supremacists. This was a national disgrace on all levels. When nazi and confederate flags came out, they were embraced by many and nobody who was attending the main event tried to stop them. White supremacists made speeches with no opposition. What level of patience do you suggest we have for these people?

I shared it at face value. Maybe it's bunk, maybe it's accurate. It was a social media post, not an incident report. If you want to investigate and run it down, fill your boots.
Fair enough, I have done the same in the past. That's how miss-information spreads though...

People with good intentions share the "message", it goes far and wide, creates outrage, then eventually the truth comes out, but the damage has already been done.

It may not always be the case, but I've seen these "anonymous" friend of a friend stories, turn out to be years old, and passed around social media enough times to never trust them.

Did you actually watch it? Because I did. Other than some childish name calling and silly rhetoric, they came across as pretty reasonable people who laid out exactly who and what this whole thing is about, and the absence of the Gweat and Tewible CBC.
Of course they did. Those three are not nice people. They aren’t even truckers. If they are the face of this then yes, they are smearing the whole thing. If you like them and think it’s ok, then hey you do you. I don’t like extremists.

Fair enough, I have done the same in the past. That's how miss-information spreads though...

People with good intentions share the "message", it goes far and wide, creates outrage, then eventually the truth comes out, but the damage has already been done.

It may not always be the case, but I've seen these "anonymous" friend of a friend stories, turn out to be years old, and passed around social media enough times to never trust them.
True about at least sharing the "haven't seen this anywhere else" or "now no longer up" caveats. Unlike the "social media is on fire with x" potential drive-by.

PM has COVID

Double vaxed and boosted, isolated, in a secure location and he caught the vid anyway. I wonder what he'll offer up as an excuse for catching it. I don't know, but I expect the normal Joe on the street will see that and probably wonder what they've been doing locked up at home, not able to work, not able to send the kids to school, not able to socialize, mandated to follow medical procedures they disagree with or suffer social ostracization as a Typhoid Mary kind of person. Two years of mealy mouthed measurements that only caused anger, angst, depression and a myriad of other mental health problems that will plague us for two generations. Suicides, break up of family units, poverty and homelessness. All for something that only has a 0.0X% chance of killing you.

But wait! There's a silver lining to all of this!

His symptoms won't be as severe:cool:;)

He won't have to attend to the nations business, in the House, for 14 days. No pesky questions on the convoy or their demands. No dealing with an opposition asking inconvenient questions or Canadians demanding action. Two weeks to hide and let things blow over, as is his want. Not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if some crisis reared it's ugly head on day 13 of his quarantine. Just in time to shut down discussion of the convoy and their demands. Then he can swoop in out of nowhere, change the daily narrative and go back to his saving Canadians from themselves.

So let me guess, you watched the entire thing and all you saw were a bunch of "freedom fighters".

Here's a little clip from the speeches being made:

If you truly watched this event, the forum knows where you stand.

I have lots of first hand content from this event and from the others who had to experience it, and who still are experiencing it.

If anyone wants to continue showing support for this vile hateful racist crap, please speak up, tell us it was just some "freedom fighters" and I will gladly continue to post first hand accounts, videos, and recordings of exactly what you stood up for and what you're now defending. You will find yourself aligned only with far-right conspiracies.

This has NO PLACE IN THE CAF.

So let me guess, you watched the entire thing and all you saw were a bunch of "freedom fighters".

Here's a little clip from the speeches being made:

If you truly watched this event, the forum knows where you stand.
Oh boy, I hope you give up your job at the carnival as "Super Guess Guy", because you really suck at it. The conversation was about THE PRESSER, do try to keep up. Call my motivation into question one more time.

I have lots of first hand content from this event and from the others who had to experience it, and who still are experiencing it.

If anyone wants to continue showing support for this vile hateful racist crap, please speak up, tell us it was just some "freedom fighters" and I will gladly continue to post first hand accounts, videos, and recordings of exactly what you stood up for and what you're now defending. You will find yourself aligned only with far-right conspiracies.

At no point have I expressed any kind of support for this thing, to my mind it's just a big waste of diesel. My support is behind people's right to be pissed off and say something about it. GFYS

We're talking about an event that stormed the 5 year anniversary vigil of the Quebec mosque shooting run by actual white supremacists. This was a national disgrace on all levels. When nazi and confederate flags came out, they were embraced by many and nobody who was attending the main event tried to stop them. White supremacists made speeches with no opposition. What level of patience do you suggest we have for these people?
So you’re grouping everyone involved in the protest as being complicit in the storming of a memorial for the Saints-Foy Mosque shooting? Even the First Nations and Québécois(es)?

That is a ridiculous stretch and frankly, pretty disrespectful, at the very least, of those indigenous and Quebecer protesters participating in the protest.

Got it: Mills Bomb position - the protest was entirely aimed at disrespecting the six Muslims that died in Saints-Foy in 2017…

So you’re grouping everyone involved in the protest as being complicit in the storming of a memorial for the Saints-Foy Mosque shooting? Even the First Nations and Québécois(es)?

That is a ridiculous stretch and frankly, pretty disrespectful, at the very least, of those indigenous and Quebecer protesters participating in the protest.

Got it: Mills Bomb position - the protest was entirely aimed at disrespecting the six Muslims that died in Saints-Foy in 2017…

Let me get this straight. You think it's just a coincidence that Pat King organized the event on this day? Please, look at the evidence and be more open to seeing this for what it is.

A lot of people were tricked into attending this event.

You're saying I'm being disrespectful, but you are trying to defend people who were at an event with nazi flags and crazy people dancing on the grave of the unknown soldier.

This "event" was a total disaster.

And the other extreme enters the chat...

Les sigh...

Let me get this straight. You think it's just a coincidence that Pat King organized the event on this day? Please, look at the evidence and be more open to seeing this for what it is.

A lot of people were tricked into attending this event.

You're saying I'm being disrespectful, but you are trying to defend people who were at an event with nazi flags and crazy people dancing on the grave of the unknown soldier.

This "event" was a total disaster.
Show me where I, or anyone else here has defended specifically the white-supremists?

I’ll wait…
1643646047997.gif

I would caution anyone commenting on Mills Bomb’s posts. He appears to be currently at ground zero for this thing.

By all accounts, most Ottawans going through the worst of it just want these guys to GTFO of their city. While there are some bad apples doing bad things there a more than just a few of them causing grief to local businesses, charities and people that just want to walk their dogs and be able to drop their kids off at school.

I'm living in Ottawa at the moment in the downtown core.

This protest in Ottawa was / is the most horrible and questionable Canadian "protest" I have ever witnessed first hand.

They said it was about "mandates" and "vaccine passports" but it was secretly planned by Pat King, a white supremacist who is extremely racist to muslims, amongst other minorities, on the 5 year anniversary of the Quebec Mosque shooting. The vigil for this shooting tragically had to be cancelled when the convoy rolled in due to safety concerns.

I was listening in on the truckers CB radios and Apps and they were at times yelling "Hail Pat King" and saying how awesome he was as they rolled into Ottawa to reign terror on local residents, the convoy reserved a special spot for Pat King right in front of Parliament Hill. It seemed like most on their comms were aware of what was going on and who the real organizer was.

Once the convoy rolled in the nazi flags, confederate flags, and other blatant hate symbols starting coming out without any resistance. Participants danced on the tomb of the unknown soldier, defaced our statues including that of Terry Fox, pissed and shit everywhere causing what some people are saying is spring time biohazard, and are going around openly intimidating people. They also intimidated the staff at the homeless shelter, took the food that was intended to be for the homeless, and left them with nothing. As they drive around honking until 2-3am many of them are wasted, shooting fireworks from cars, doing burnouts, and going the wrong way down one-way streets. Small stages were set and some speakers tried to say that white supremacists were just "freedom fighters" trying to help the anti-vaxxers cause. All of this has been recorded.

They said the convoy was just truckers, but in an industry that is made up of mostly immigrants, this convoy was all white guys. Lots of minorities in Ottawa are STILL staying off the streets, they are still scared. Some minorities on reddit are saying they were too scared to even walk their dogs and were staying in their apartments until it ends. I know of at least one assault so far that has been filmed.

The roaming convoys of vehicles were going around constantly honking, some of them put train horns on their trucks to be extra loud, many people's pets were really freaked out and having panic attacks, this was a really a cruel experience for not only citizens but also their animals.

I know soldiers and veterans of many colours in this city. If O'Toole truly supports this thing, he has really turned on the CAF's ethos for nothing more than a few cheap votes from those who support blatant racism. After living this, I truly think he is a stain on the CAF. As the convoy rolled here across Canada he was literally too dumb to see what was happening, or too spineless to oppose it since it's clear he will do ANYTHING for votes. It's incredible and disturbing his team let this happen. I don't think he will ever recover from this and maybe it's time he picks his third career before he does more damage. Max Bernier is here and on board as well but that's not really a surprise.

Anyone who doesn't see what this really is, needs to give their heads a shake. I suspect there will be a lot more coverage of this awful event over the next few weeks.
Boy, you got it all in there. Loads of hearsay, rumour and innuendo. Condemnation of thousands over the actions of a few, which is easy to do when you ignore that activists and idiots can also occupy a public space at the same time. Both partisan and identity politics. You even squeezed far right wing, white supremacy with conspiracy theory and animal rights in there. You even managed to imply anyone not in agreement with your narrative is ignorant of your facts and requires violent cranial agitation to come around to your point of view.

Well done you! You go (insert preferred gender pronoun here)!

I'm not an extreme person, I am just reporting what I saw.

Here's a nazi flag flying with someone doing a nazi salute. This was cheered on by many people who were there.

Excuse me for being a bit on edge but this is the type of stuff I've been seeing for the last couple days, combined with lack of sleep from the honking. I am disappointed in what I witnessed, but seeing people do these things and dance on the grave of the unknown soldier can bring up some pretty strong emotions that may have made me a bit on the attack. My apologies to anyone who stands with me and opposes this event or wants to remain neutral until more evidences surfaces from other sources.

Attachments

• IMG_9379.JPG
    IMG_9379.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I would caution anyone commenting on Mills Bomb’s posts. He appears to be currently at ground zero for this thing.

By all accounts, most Ottawans going through the worst of it just want these guys to GTFO of their city. While there are some bad apples doing bad things there a more than just a few of them causing grief to local businesses, charities and people that just want to walk their dogs and be able to drop their kids off at school.
So if I go downtown right now, I’m going to see thousands of people whole all agree that they’re following Pat King to mock the six Muslims killed in Sainte-Foy in 2017?

Back