• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FREE Model Airplane collection WWII-Present

4CDO PARA

Inactive
Reaction score
Free Model Airplane collection, WWII-Present, military and civilian aircraft, expertly assembled and ready for display.  Display cases come free too, pick up only in Kingston, Ontario.
98f32fcf51bdc07ae44b9540b9963e94.jpg
dba8ff5d38db5829206d15db58173d2c.jpg
9b5719a55d7ba1d3d42dc0cdbd67678f.jpg
33a09d2b7b82690e8d81cf48dc6ad1f9.jpg
abe96f6aff5c24863b7f5aa5f96e18f5.jpg
efe6f2f6329365dd07a018d52dbe74dd.jpg

WOW these are just beautiful.

They should be in some sort of public setting, perhaps in Trenton, They could be used to tell so many stories.  I am very fond of the amphibians and noticed many examples from the Catalina and Albatross to the Beaver on floats etc. I am not sure the collection should be broken up, it has so much potential as a basis for telling the stories of the different planes, like how the P38 Ligntening could originally loose exceed Mach 1 in a dive and loose control and it's tail.

I look at the models and the stories just keep coming in my mind

I don't know why you wish to get rid of this fantastic collection, ABN RFN, but have you considered contacting the RCAF museum in Trenton? I think they would love such an addition to their collection.

In my (albeit limited) experience, when a complete collection of models, like this one, is given to the military, two things happen:

First, the collection is usually given the name of the collector/maker who made the donation, so the person's name goes on being recognized (for instance, the Gilmour collection at the museum of  HMCS DONNACONA); and,

Second, an estimate of the collection value is made and a tax credit for donation to the crown can be issued if liked.

I definitely agree with you that the collection should not be broken enough and a logical destination for it would be the RCAF museum in Trenton, just a hop, skip and jump from Kingston.  The RCAF museum may have qualms about accepting some of the non RCAF flown models but they could be used to show comparative models the RCAF did fly eg the CF100 versus the Scorpion, two aircraft designed for the same environment and very similar in design.

Just think of the many hours you could spend in just learning of the roles the aircraft played.
Somebody put a lot of care and love into this collection and this should be remembered and appreciated

If they don't want them, the aviation museum in Ottawa would probably jump at the chance. 

Back