• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Federal Cabinet Shuffle July 2018

PuckChaser said:
You're not dispassionate. You play that card but take every opportunity to pop in an knock someone down who isn't supporting the Liberals, but.....
You clearly don't know PPCLI Guy, accusing him being some Liberal party sycophant.  :rofl:  I've found that he has this 'nasty' habit of weighing into Politics threads with..... ~shudder~ ...verifiable facts -- usually when ideologues post propaganda, rather than reality.

Your preception, of course, may vary.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Just starting a conversation here - don't shoot me, argue the point.
Good luck with that.  The only recent progress with Politics "discussions" is that the more hide-bound (left and  right) have moved on to expressing their 'thoughts' via political cartoons. 

Journeyman said:
You clearly don't know PPCLI Guy, accusing him being some Liberal party sycophant.  :rofl:  I've found that he has this 'nasty' habit of weighing into Politics threads with..... ~shudder~ ...verifiable facts -- usually when ideologues post propaganda, rather than reality.

Your preception, of course, may vary.

Good luck with that.  The only recent progress with Politics "discussions" is that the more hide-bound (left and  right) have moved on to expressing their 'thoughts' via political cartoons.

Can't get passed the cheap shots can you? :rofl:

recceguy said:
Can't get passed the cheap shots can you? :rofl:
a)  not sure which part you're referring to, but it doesn't really matter;  I stand by both comments.

b)  Ya, I just came back to delete my post -- because, seriously, why bother trying to contribute anything to these politics threads, but too late, it has already been quoted.  Again, I stand by it.

….and, honestly, I AM trying to avoid posting here.  I belong to other sites where intelligent political discussions occur (yes, both left and right).

Journeyman said:
a)  not sure which part you're referring to, but it doesn't really matter;  I stand by both comments.

b)  Ya, I just came back to delete my post -- because, seriously, why bother trying to contribute anything to these politics threads, but too late, it has already been quoted.  Again, I stand by it.

….and, honestly, I AM trying to avoid posting here. I belong to other sites where intelligent political discussions occur (yes, both left and right).
It's kind of hilarious how perspectives change depending on where you post.

On this site, i'm a diehard leftist.

On others, I'm a right leaning Liberal hater.

I get confused sometimes.

John Ivison's piece in the National Post today suggests that the Cabinet Shuffle is largely cosmetic, with only one demotion of any note, and moving two ministers closer to "home" in preparation for the 2019 election:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-ivison-a-new-crew-wont-change-the-direction-hmcs-trudeau-is-heading?video_autoplay=true

The real issue is the Trudeau government is still "narrative" driven and still a top down show, it really seems that almost anyone could be placed in a Cabinet post since the true importance is "optics" rather than merit (the insistence that 50% of the Cabinet must be made up of women, without any actual substantive arguments as to why this should be so, is the perfect example of this). So unless someone makes a truly spectacular gaffe in the near future, this is a non event.

recceguy said:
As far as the grits are concerned, gun owners are criminals. Before we take your suggestion to the bank and believe this 'incredible admission', lets see what falls out of the gun control legislation they are going to hit us with.

I never said that they understood what their actions were saying to the public, nor that they meant it or even realized what they were saying.  ;)

Altair said:
It's kind of hilarious how perspectives change depending on where you post.

Its almost like on the internet, its completely possible to post different things in different places.

PuckChaser said:
Its almost like on the internet, its completely possible to post different things in different places.
;)

I'd give you Milpoints but I already did today. :nod:

Well,  that was fast.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4342222/liberals-polls-canadians-trudeau-trump/
As the weather gets warmer, Canadians are also warming back up to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and the Liberals — with their approval rating jumping by five points this month.

According to an exclusive Ipsos poll for Global News, 55 per cent of Canadian respondents approve of Justin Trudeau’s government, up from 50 per cent in June.
And weed isn't even legal yet.

It only matters if it turns into votes. He still has to come up with something other than "it's that other guy's fault".

Back