• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

extra kit

PeAcH

Inactive
Reaction score
some people on my SQ were sayin there is a sight that u can get extra issue kit and stuff. they said it worked on a points system and u get so many points when u get in the army and u get so many a year i was just wonderin if anyone could clerify this and give me the site for this thing.

the SITE is http://www.logistikunicorp.com/ and its for non-operational clothing, not extra kit

thanks i was just goin off wat i heard at from people on my SQ

is ther anything like that set up for operational kit????????????????

No, operational kit is pretty controlled. You only get what you're entitled to.

what kind of non-operational gear is available Logistik-Unicorp

-q_1966

non-operational clothing , sock , scarf , oxford shoes, berets , belt, pants, seasonal coat, etc. if you whant tosee , http://www.logistikunicorp.com/

If anyone wants to know what is available. Go to the site and sign in. If you can't register, your not allowed to use the site, so the contents are immaterial. However, it is all DEU and PT stuff only. No CADPATS, combats or field gear. And no kilts, pouches, sporrans, gaiters, hose tops or anything else like that & no cadet stuff.

is it anyone can order those clothing since you can login?!

Logistik Unicorp (if i heard correctly) Is for reservists only.... this site allows you to get pretty much everthing that's non-cadpat (or OD) kit... but with a limit, there's a point system, and all items are worth so many points..

however, if you run out of points, you can buy the things you need..

my question is, does it show up on your records at Clothing?

yes, I can see the points. But I wonder, I can get DEU even I haven't done the bmq?!

gryphon664 said:
Logistik Unicorp (if i heard correctly) Is for reservists only.... this site allows you to get pretty much everthing that's non-cadpat (or OD) kit... but with a limit, there's a point system, and all items are worth so many points..

however, if you run out of points, you can buy the things you need..

my question is, does it show up on your records at Clothing?

It's not just for reservists, we use it in the reg force too.  Except that once you're getting clothing upkeep allowance you have to buy everything, no points. I'm not sure how CUA works for NCMs but it's a year after commissioning for officers that your CUA starts. Prior to drawing CUA, you can exchange everything.

Cheers

It's the same for NCM but the CUA is on its way out to be replace by an annual allotment of points. So bye bye $17.00

aesop081 said:
It's the same for NCM but the CUA is on its way out to be replace by an annual allotment of points. So bye bye $17.00

Damn, there goes my tax free beer money! I don't know that point will be such a good thing, if they're "use it or you lose it", you better believe that I'll be getting new kit whether I need it or not.  ;D

From my understanding..it is not a "use it or lose it thing" as you will have to accumulate points to buy, lets say, a DEU tunic or something like that.  I'de rather get the $17 on my pay. But then again..the less money shows up on my pay stub, the less i have to shell out to my ex-wife !!!

Note this is for CIC, so it may be different for Regular and Primary Reserve.  After reading on the site, it says that the 'Clothing Online Reserve Replacement Clothing Trial' is for reservists.

I get (CIC-Army) 250 points for use.  An example of how much things are 'worth' is: short sleeve service dress shirt is 15 points, trousers are 36 points, service dress coat is 120.  I know that CIC Air and Navy get more points, because they have winter and summer weight stuff.

With this 250 points, I can order anything that I want, in any quantity that I want, within parameters that have been pre-set.  For example, the most short sleeve shirts that I can 'purchase' is 15.  Why anyone would want 15 shirts in one year is beyond me, but there you are.

Anyways, at the end of the first year of ordering, if you have any points left, they will roll them over, up to a maximum of your yearly allotment.  For example, I get 250 points a year, so the maximum that could get rolled over would be 100, meaning that the maximum points in my account would be 350.

Now, you can also make cash purchases, too.  For the shirt it is valued at $8.35, pants $27.80, tunic $79.70.  And there is also a maximum number of these items that you can buy as well.  So, if you had used up all your 'points' shirts (15 x 15 = 225 points), you could then buy 15 more with cash / credit card sales (15 x $8.35 = $125.25).

Items available are:  shirt, long sleeve; shirt, short sleeve; shirt, grey; shorts, grey; trousers; coat, all-weather; coat, service dress; raincoat; boots; overshoes; oxfords; beret; toque; turban; sweater; belt; gloves; tie; scarf; socks, black or grey.

yot said:
yes, I can see the points. But I wonder, I can get DEU even I haven't done the bmq?!

If you really wanted to, you could go out and buy everything you need for DEU at a surplus store. The quality and appearance would be questionable, but why would you do that if you weren't entitled to wear it?

If you weren't entitled to wear it and you showed up wearing it somewhere and were seen, you'd likely be disciplined fairly harshly. Wait until they issue it to you and you'll feel much better about what you've accomplished. There arent too many 'rights of passage' left in the military, so when you've earned your cap badge and DEU's, consider it for what it is. Good luck.

Back