• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex-commando arrested before JTF2 memoir release

Often troubles can be traced to just a few psychopaths with too much power, ask your local int op. Special forces lead injections in Rwanda may have stopped the genocide. Darfur same deal. Then the next tyrant who steps up can be given a quiet ultimatum before things get bad. Until of course we get our own psycho who controls some of the best assasins in the world with no public oversight,....

Nemo888 said:
Often troubles can be traced to just a few psychopaths with too much power, ask your local int op. Special forces lead injections in Rwanda may have stopped the genocide. Darfur same deal. Then the next tyrant who steps up can be given a quiet ultimatum before things get bad. Until of course we get our own psycho who controls some of the best assasins in the world with no public oversight,....

Thinking about pursuing the fiction market too?

Nemo888 said:

OK?  Are you on the same page as the rest of us?  Do you understand what this whole topic is about?  How did we suddenly get to Special Forces lead injections (?) in Rwanda and Darfur?  What kind of injections are you talking about?  What does this have to do with an "Ex-commando arrested before JTF2 memoir release"?

Nemo888 said:
Until of course we get our own psycho who controls some of the best assasins in the world with no public oversight,....

I am lost here :(

What do you mean by our 'own'?

Nemo888 said:
I do remember the Army shooting up some bank robbers who took hostages in Ottawa, but that was roughly 30 years ago. Before even the RCMP anti-terrorist force existed. God before even the word terrorist existed. All the bank robbers were shot but a few survived. Of course that was before the internet so it's like it never happened (since you can't google it)
;)

A rather odd statement.  How old are you?  You remember this from thirty years ago (should make you 40ish), and you have also been in a fist fight with one of the three involved with the Regent Park murder (fighting with 18 - 20 year olds).

Nemo888 said:
I've only ever been in one fist fight in the Army and it was with one of the A$$%**S in question. I felt a little guilty about it at the time. Wished I would have swung a little harder now. He actually threw dirt in my eyes. I thought he was all talk and no guts.

I am starting to smell something that swims in the sea here..........Perhaps a little bit of Bovine Scatology too.

i just remembered that this guy was posted to 12 rbc right after is tour with the JTF, I know that sometimes it doesn'nt mean anything but that guy was a ''little'' overweight ( note some sarcasasim ) and not really a fast thinker but like i said it doesn't mean anything and by the way the denis morisset was a sig op....just a bad case of loose nut....

cheers

armoured recce man said:
...and by the way the denis morisset was a sig op....just a bad case of loose nut....

cheers

Your view is shared by many.  One has to wonder when the only reference of this bank robbery that can be found on the net is from this book.

Strike said:
Your view is shared by many.  One has to wonder when the only reference of this bank robbery that can be found on the net is from this book.

Obviously it was covered up . . .    >:D

Except from a TO Star article from today found here:

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/421452

Some of the exploits Morisset recounts – like the unit's role in taking out 17 Shining Path guerrillas during a Peruvian hostage-taking in 1996 – have been documented elsewhere. But others, such as claims that six of his fellow unit members have committed suicide, the tale of a botched mission in Afghanistan, or the account of a commando raid to "eliminate" hostage-takers during an Ottawa bank heist in 1994, can't be independently verified. A spokesperson for the Ottawa Police Service told the Toronto Star "there was no such incident."

In another passage in the book, Morisset claims he was part of a four-man security detail assigned to protect Lt.-Gen. Roméo Dallaire in Rwanda.

Dallaire, now a senator, said through a spokesperson he never had a bodyguard named Morisset, and that JTF2 commandos only arrived in Rwanda in the waning days of his stint in the country.

A former senior military officer who was intimately involved with the JTF2 around the time of its inception in 1993 raised still other questions about the book.

"I was there around that time, and I don't remember (Morisset). Maybe he was a bigger secret than the rest of them," he said.

My opinion is that if BS is being called on one detail, then we should question the validity of everything else printed in the book.

Careful, or he'll send the black helocopters after you..... :-X 8)

And no-one will know what happened until he writes the sequel . . .

Watch out Marchinko, there's new sheriff in town.  ;D

And by the way he was posted in the summer of 2000 at the 12 rbc.... so I guest it was an attached posting.....sad for him that he could not redeem airmiles in those day..so much TD...

Back