• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

eApplication sent to "wrong" Recruiting Centre?

hollyymarie

Inactive
Reaction score
Quick question here, I just finished my application online and got an email saying that it was sent automatically to the nearest Recruiting Centre.  Which is fine and dandy, however it says it was sent to Canadian Forces Recruiting Detachment in North Bay, ON.  But I don't live in North Bay, or near North Bay.  I'm in London and we have a centre here.  On my application it listed nearest centres and the only one I could click was London.  So I'm not sure why it was sent to North Bay?

If this is supposed to happen then I'm fine with that.  But I'm not sure if there was a mistake or not.  Who should I get in touch with or should I just wait it out?

If I need to I'll drive to North Bay (about 6 hours) but I'm just wondering whats going on thats all, not complaining.

any help would be appreciated, thanks
holly

HollyMarie,

The best advice I can give you is call your London recruting center first thing on Monday morning. Ask to speak to a recruter to find out if your application will be transfered back to London from North bay.

Really, I think only a recruter at your local center can answer your question.

Let us know :)

Alea

Will do :) just hopefully this weekend will go by super fast lol

thanks so much!

hollyymarie said:
Will do :) just hopefully this weekend will go by super fast lol

thanks so much!

I know how you feel about time passing by... I'm in it :)

Alea

Hollymarie

I too applied online and received the the auto-reply from a recruiting centre not within my local community. Instead of calling and verifying I sent my docs there. It made for a real mess trying to track everything down and get my file back to the local recruiting centre. Save yourself the hassle and contact your local centre now. Better yet, stop by because they will have many more forms for you to fill out that are not included in the online application package.

Good Luck with your process.
cheers

Hey Holly,

Thats a bummer, hopefully you printed the screens or sheets you filled out. I had to fill out 3 applications and I had alot of info to put down.

My advice take Monday to do the following: Notify CFRC North Bay when the lines open...Leaving a message is not an option there trust me on this. And Id show up well dressed to CFRC London for when the doors open, to discuss this matter with an actual Recruiter. Id bring the following since most of the other info can be easily recalled :

1 A pen
2 List of all the addresses (complete) youve resided at
3 A list of dates youve left the Country
4 ID- passport and drivers license

Get a hard copy application completed and have a copy made. And get it in as soon as you can...less waiting in the end. Better luck this go... And here;

CFRC Det North Bay
373 Main Street West Suite 101
North BayON
P1B 2T9
phone: 705-472-3710
fax: 705-472-5532
Detachment - Regular Force
Business Hours:Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Thanks everyone!
Ill definetly contact the recruiters office on Monday when they open and see whats going to happen.

Also thanks McD for the phone number, much appreciated!

Hi Holly,

Here's some advice from an actual Recruiter ... (me)

Don't call the recruiting Center on Monday.

The response you got was an automated response from the computer system.

ALL online files go to North Bay to be vetted and sorted (that's where the auto-response comes from).

Once North Bay has had a look, they transfer it to the nearest Recruiting Centre to you (based on the Postal Code you listed in your application) ... this process takes a week or so ... if you call London on Monday, they won't see your file (yet) and won't be able to help you.

What you SHOULD do is wait a week or so (while you're waiting, it's a good time to ensure that you've collected all of your supporting documents, downloaded and filled out ALL of the PDF files from the website that you're going to need to take in) and then just go in to the RC with your documents.

Once you're there, tell them you applied online and you have your signed paperwork to hand in ... they will take your paperwork, check everything on the computer, generate a paper file and then (provided you've applied for an open trade) book you a date for an aptitude test.

Otis
Mentor

Good thing this came up. I was way off. Sorry.

Thank you Otis for your vast knowledge of the recruiting world and thoughtful insights. What would we do with you. You out you are the best. Don't ever change Bin Rat!

Cheers!  ;)

I forgot to mention yesterday in my response....

There are TWO different locations in North Bay for recruiting. One is open to the public and the other -- The ONLINE RECRUITING CENTRE --  is not. If you tried to contact the number someone here provided, you will likely just be given another number to call anyways.

Definitely take Otis' advice on this one!

Retired FDO said:
Thank you Otis for your vast knowledge of the recruiting world and thoughtful insights. What would we do with you. You out you are the best. Don't ever change Bin Rat!

Cheers!  ;)

Smart-a$$ ... you would have said the same thing had you been online earlier ...

Actually the contact info I posted was directly from the Locate Us link at www.forces.ca , That is neither here nor there now. Luckily a professional stepped in and prevented a mistake from being made by way of "what someone on the internet said they would do" and provided the proper course of action.

Thank Goodness (or Otis :nod: Yup )

It was actually interesting to learn North Bay, of all places, now handles all online applications. I guessed wrong that was sent to nearest CFRC.

Sorry, wasn't trying to accuse that inaccurate info was being posted, just was pointing out the actual physical location of the office is NOT where the online recruiting people are. The online recruiters are at the OLD recruiting centre on Ferguson Street...  I don't think they would post the online recruiting address anywhere since they likely don't want people showing up at wrong location.

The address you gave IS a recruiting centre, just not the physical location of the online recruiters :)

Otis said:
Smart-a$$ ... you would have said the same thing had you been online earlier ...

Aww you remembered my pet name!! You still care!!!  But you are right I would have said the same thing but I was busy boating on clear blue water in 40c temps and very bright sunshine!

Otis said:
Hi Holly,

ALL online files go to North Bay to be vetted and sorted (that's where the auto-response comes from).

Once North Bay has had a look, they transfer it to the nearest Recruiting Centre to you (based on the Postal Code you listed in your application) ... this process takes a week or so ... if you call London on Monday, they won't see your file (yet) and won't be able to help you.

What you SHOULD do is wait a week or so (while you're waiting, it's a good time to ensure that you've collected all of your supporting documents, downloaded and filled out ALL of the PDF files from the website that you're going to need to take in) and then just go in to the RC with your documents.

Once you're there, tell them you applied online and you have your signed paperwork to hand in ... they will take your paperwork, check everything on the computer, generate a paper file and then (provided you've applied for an open trade) book you a date for an aptitude test.

Otis
Mentor

Thanks Otis :) Makes alot of sense now.  I think I was just getting alittle too worried and anxious lol but thanks I'll follow your advice!

holly

Otis said:
Hi Holly,

Otis
Mentor

You could have also clarified that the 'Online Application' is NOT the 'REAL' APPLICATION.  Your 'Real' (Official) application is the hard copy, with your signature, and all the supporting documents that your are required to bring in with you when you visit the CFRC.  The 'Online Application' only sets the process in motion a little earlier.  You are still required to print off the application, sign it, and bring it in to the CFRC.  Then you will officially be an applicant/prospect. 

Back