• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does anyone know when the next NCM selection is?

Sigop2004

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next NCM selection is going to occur other than around 5 Sept ? I was merit listed last week.

September 5 th Or 6th because of the holiday, i am merit selected too, so hold on and good luck to you. Let's hope we get selected.

Cheers Lad.

Wolf   :salute: :cdn: :salute:

I saw a post not long ago that suggested there was a last minute selection on Aug 30. 

that's today isn't it?

I posted awhile ago that there was a last minute selection a week or so ago.. That's what the recruiter told DH anyways....
???

The thing that is odd is that they posted that selection is on September 5, but that is a holiday so how did that one get messed up? and how come no one ever responds to questions about last minute boards?

Kincanuck - You guys must find out about the last minutes selections right?
I'm just so confused by how everyone hears different things and no one is able to confirm any of it..

Its a secret government thing I supppose

Peps you are SCARING me out here.....if there was really a last minute selection on august 30th i am not gonna sleep tonight.

Please don't .......  please don't confuse me like that  :crybaby:

Wolf  :salute: :cdn: :salute:

Sure a little help from Kincanuck is gonna do us good.

Wolfe said:
Peps you are SCARING me out here.....if there was really a last minute selection on august 30th i am not gonna sleep tonight.

Please don't .......   please don't confuse me like that   :crybaby:

Wolf   :salute: :cdn: :salute:

Sure a little help from Kincanuck is gonna do us good.

I believe that kincanucks is in the UK til sept 2 so we may not hear from him until after that!

The next NCM selection date is indicated as the 5th yes.  It is a holiday but don't concern yourself with that.  Dates are about six weeks apart, that's why the 5th is the date on paper.  There was another selection added somewhere around the 22nd of Aug due to vacancies on the fall BMQs.  This was for files that would have been ready to go by that date.

Also, selection dates are not a one day decision thing.  Expect a delay of a couple of weeks before results are sent to the various CFRCs.

Hope this helps.

There was a selection the 22nd of Aug,

can you tell me when the selected candidates would attend BMQ?

Would this be for November? or October

They are aiming to fill vacant slots on the late sep and oct courses.

Wow.. So they could get the call around the second week of September and go as early as the end of September?  Wonder what DH's likelyhood of getting in is...  :eek:

Hey everyone, just to give you an idea. I was selected on the July 18 selection board and I got the call on August 22. That was fast. Even if you are selected there is still no guarantee when you will get an offer. It could still be months. I saw one guy say that he was selected in February and was still waiting for an offer. It really depends on the trade and what HQ is looking for. There are some old threads out there that gave numbers. That will give you an idea of the demand of the trade you selected. For example, I believe that 031- Infantry was looking to hire 600 + recruits this year and Combat Engineers 200 +. If your trade has lower numbers there could be a longer wait. There is no way to say. The average wait for most of us has been 6-8 months. I heard one guy applied on June and was selected in July. You see no given rule to follow. If your t's are crossed and your i's are dotted, and no delays, can speed up your process.

Just my 2 cents.
Don't let the wait get to you. You made it this far. Think of it as your first test. Hurry up and wait.
Good luck to you all.
D.

Hey Mojo Magnum, I go to BMQ from Sept. 26-Dec. 9. in St.Jean. What about you?

Well I have waited a long time for this and I was told today by my current supervisor  that I should not have to worry about anything "one way or the other" once my current Class B contract ends on 30 Sept. I was told that "if I am not in the regular force by the end of September I will be offered another contract at the same location just working in  a different section"  This new contract would be from Oct 1 05 until Component Transfer is complete or 1 Apr 06 whichever comes first.( I hope its Component transfer).
I am not worrying at all about how long this is taking for me any more because I have come to the conclusion that the recruiting system is doing what they can within the rules and regulations that they  have been given , and there is absolutely Nothing I can do to speed up this process at this point in time!

And now you have mastered the art of hurry up and wait!! LOL.. Congrats on the good news

Back