• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Do I need a miracle?

M

mkymk

I am applying for the Reserves and the BMQ for the company that I applied for starts next Monday (June 28th).   I have completed my medical successfully (sent to Borden and returned) and will do my PT tomorrow. I do not anticipate any difficulties tomorrow for my PT.   The question is now what's left to be done to attend BMQ next Monday? From reading the posts on this board, I know I have to be sworn in. Do I need to do anything else? I once heard that I need an invitation from the company before I can attend BMQ. Thanks in advance.

Considering the severe staff shortage that's currently taking place, you WOULD need a miracle to make it on course by this weekend. Make that two or three successive miracles. Not trying to discourage you or anything, but don't get your hopes up. There are guys who have been waiting months longer who have priority, even IF they managed to get you sworn in and kitted out in 3 days.

I would say that you do need a miracle, I finished my recruiting process 3 weeks ago (finished with Medical & Interview).. and my file just got to my unit today, I'm being sworn in tomorrow, kitted thursday, and off to course saturday morning.

Have you fully completed the application process? And what unit are you applying for?

I have been in the reserves for more than a year (couldn't do BMQ/SQ last summer and they didn't offer weekend courses due to lack of instructors) and I was told 5 days ago that I was going on course this summer. I don't think that there is much hope of getting in if you haven't even completed everything yet. But on the positive side if you don't go this year you will learn plenty of things for next year that should help you on course.

There's a really, really, really small chance that you might make it. It would require your recruiting center to actually get things done in a timely fashion. The chances are though that you won't make it in time. I hope that you can make it, but even if you don't make it in time for the summer BMQ you should still be ;)

I hope for your sake something comes up in the Fall.

Good Luck.

Back