• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Developing our own code for Milnet replies?

Greymatters

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
The other day I wanted to reply to a post I was reading and instead thought, "You know, I dont want to start a flame war with this guy, I just want to say I disagree. But as soon as I say it, he'll demand proof, and then I've got to research and provide links, and I just dont have time at the moment." So I jotted down an idea, and once I had time, typed it out, then expanded it, then got a bit silly with it, and then refined it into something that looks like it might actually be useful, or at least worth a chuckle.  Enjoy. 

Code 1 – I agree completely.
Code 2 – I agree so strongly that I am adding a +1 to your statement.
Code 3 – I agree, but I cant prove it, so I’ll just read for now.
Code 4 – I agree and know the information is out there to support us but can’t find it or no longer have access to the proof I need.
Code 5 – I agree, and can support the argument, but I am currently too busy with other things to be able to research the argument properly.
Code 6 – I agree, and can support the argument, but I’ve been away from the thread too long and everyone has moved on to another subject. 
Code 7 – I agree and I have a well–informed opinion on the subject, but know that the other party will not consider it as expert, while their own opinion is no better, so there’s no point in arguing about it.
Code 8 – I agree and I have an expert opinion on the subject, but cant reveal how I learned the information, so there’s no point in arguing about it.
Code 9 – I agree but cant discuss it in further details due to privileged information, work confidentiality, or its still classified. 
Code 10 – I cant agree because it would violate privileged information, work confidentiality, classified information, or my private information, but I may ask a question and hope others will answer the question for me. 
Code 21 – I’ve misunderstood the information and made an errant reply.
Code 22 - It’s a situation where neither side can prove they are right, so its not worth arguing about (Catch 22).
Code 23 - I’m wrong.
Code 24 – I can’t be bothered to disagree with him.
Code 25 – Its so trivial a disagreement its not worth getting into an argument about
Code 31 – I disagree.
Code 32 – I disagree, but I cant prove it, so its not worth getting into an argument about
Code 33 – I disagree and know the information is out there to support me but cant find it or no longer have access to the proof I need.
Code 34 – I disagree, and can prove it, but I am currently too busy with other things to be able to research the argument properly.
Code 35 – I disagree, and can prove it, but I’ve been away from the thread too long and everyone has moved on to another subject. 
Code 36 – I disagree and I have a well–informed opinion on the subject, but know that the other party will not consider it as expert, while their own opinion is no better, so there’s no point in arguing about it.
Code 37 – I disagree and I have an expert opinion on the subject, but cant reveal how I learned the information, so there’s no point in arguing about it.
Code 38 – I disagree but cant discuss it in further details due to privileged information, work confidentiality, or its still classified. 
Code 39 – I cant disagree because it would violate privileged information, work confidentiality, classified information, or my private information, but I may ask a question and hope others will answer the question for me. 
Code 40 – The other person or persons are wrong but are so convinced in what they believe is true that there is no point in arguing, so I may ask a question and see if they can support their argument with more facts.
Code 44 – I tried disagreeing with him before, it’s a waste of time.
Code 55 – I’ve got a new angle that no one seems to have considered.
Code 56 – I’ve got a new angle that no one seems to have considered, but don’t feel like having both sides argue with me
Code 57 – I’ve got a new angle that no one seems to have considered, but don’t want to interrupt the interesting debate that’s ongoing.
Code 66 – It’s an issue I feel very strongly about and further discussion will just get me saying things that might get me banned from the site. 
Code 69 – Not allowed, too many preconceived connotations.
Code 77 – Troll alert, that person is just arguing for argument’s sake, or being a pest.
Code 78 – Warning, ‘chowderhead’ alert.
Code 88 – That’s just plain silly.
Code 96 – Please!  Use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
Code 99 – Please!  Use a thread title that makes sense!

Code 2

This should be stickied :), and maybe perhaps a Code for Sticky this thread..?

Code 8 – I agree and I have an expert opinion on the subject, but cant reveal how I learned the information, so there’s no point in arguing about it.
Code 9 – I agree but cant discuss it in further details due to privileged information, work confidentiality, or its still classified. 
Code 10 – I cant agree because it would violate privileged information, work confidentiality, classified information, or my private information, but I may ask a question and hope others will answer the question for me. 

Code 8a -- I agree and I believe I have an expert opinion on the subject, but cant reveal how I learned the information because I will be exposed as a secret squirrel ninja warrior wannabe, so there’s no point in arguing about it.
Code 9a – I agree but cant discuss it in further details because I want you to think it's privileged information, work confidentiality, or its still classified as I am a secret squirrel ninja warrior wannabe.
Code 10a – I can't agree because I want you to think it would violate privileged information, work confidentiality, classified information, or my private information, as I am a secret squirrel ninja warrior wannabe, but I may ask a question and hope others will answer the question for me.

38 and 39 should also have a sub-code.

Strike said:
Code 8a -- I agree and I believe I have an expert opinion on the subject, but cant reveal how I learned the information because I will be exposed as a secret squirrel ninja warrior wannabe, so there’s no point in arguing about it.
Code 9a – I agree but cant discuss it in further details because I want you to think it's privileged information, work confidentiality, or its still classified as I am a secret squirrel ninja warrior wannabe.
Code 10a – I can't agree because I want you to think it would violate privileged information, work confidentiality, classified information, or my private information, as I am a secret squirrel ninja warrior wannabe, but I may ask a question and hope others will answer the question for me.

38 and 39 should also have a sub-code.

Perhaps put in as Codes77 a/b/c (Troll-related)?

I should then add Code 79 - 'Conspiracy theorist' alert!

Holy crap, I have a hard time remembering WTF happened today never mind using a code system.

I think in the long run on this site it will do 2 things:

- confuse the bejeebus out of someone new to the site.

- make responding to a comment/ thread so laborious that simply responding would give enough clarity. 5 minutes looking for the proper code...use that time to respond.

Just my 0.02 Tolars worth.

Regards

Recce By Death said:
Holy crap, I have a hard time remembering WTF happened today never mind using a code system.

I think in the long run on this site it will do 2 things:

- confuse the bejeebus out of someone new to the site.

- make responding to a comment/ thread so laborious that simply responding would give enough clarity. 5 minutes looking for the proper code...use that time to respond.

Just my 0.02 Tolars worth.

Regards

Code 67 = Impractical, go back to the drawing board...  ;D

Roy Harding said:
Bring back the Falcon Code!!

Here you go Roy. Just for you ;D

FALCON CODES

0 FUCKKKK!
00 SH!T HOT
000 IF CAG SAW THAT HE'D SH!T
101 YOU'VE GOT TO BE SH!TTING ME
102 GET OFF MY @!#$!NG BACK
103 BEATS THE SH!T OUT OF ME
104 WHAT THE @!#$, OVER
105 ITS SO @!#$!NG BAD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
106 I HATE THIS @!#$!NG PLACE
107 THIS PLACE SUCKS
108 @!#$ YOU VERY MUCH
109 THAT GDSOB
110 BEAUTIFUL. JUST @!#$!NG BEAUTIFUL
111 HERE COMES ANOTHER @!#$!NG CAG OPS BRAINSTORM
112 BIG @!#$!NG DEAL
113 LET ME TALK TO THAT SOB
114 GET YOUR SH!T TOGETHER
115 YOU BET YOUR SWEET A$$
116 @!#$ IT
117 I LOVE YOU SO @!#$!NG MUCH I COULD SH!T
118 WE EAT THIS SH!T UP
119 ADIOS MOTHER FU_KER
120 THAT'S A NO-NO
121 @!#$ IT I GOT MINE - FIIGMO
124 THAT GOD DAMN "O" CLUB
126 YOU PISS ME OFF
136 IF YOU ASK FOR ANOTHER LOW PA$$ ONE MORE TIME YOU WILL NOT GET LAUNCHED FOR A @!#$!NG WEEK
137 YOU MAY NOT HAVE ANY @!#$!NG FUEL
138 MY @!#$!NG BLADDER HURTS
139 I HAVE A @!#$!NG PROSTATE OVERPRESSURE LIGHT
140 COMEX MOTHER FU_KER
141 THAT @!#$!NG CIC IS DREAMING AGAIN
142 THE @!#$!NG HELOS ARE ALL FU_KED UP AGAIN
143 IT'S THE AIR BOSS' FAULT
144 SHUT-UP AND FLY THE @!#$!NG AIRPLANE
209 WHILE YOU WERE GONE THE WHOLE WORLD TURNED TO SH!T
221 @!#$ YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON
222 YOU MAY NOT LIKE THE @!#$!NG CAG STAFF BUT THE CAG STAFF LIKES @!#$!NG YOU
223 GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A$$
224 YOU SAY "I DON'T KNOW" ONE MORE TIME AND I'M GONNA SHOVE A SONOBOUY UP YOUR A$$
225 YOU MUST HAVE SH!T FOR BRAINS
226 WOULD YOU LIKE A KICK IN THE A$$ TO HELP GET YOU AIRBORNE?
227 WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A CLEARANCE OUT OF THIS @!#$!NG PLACE?
228 JUST FLY THE IRON BUS AND LEAVE THE AAW TO US
229 YOU'RE SO @!#$!NG STUPID YOU'RE A MENACE TO SOCIETY
230 THIS BASTARD HAS MORE DOWNING GRIPES THAN THE USS ARIZONA
231 COMMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS MY A$$
232 JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY GATOR, WHERE THE @!#$ ARE WE?
233 IT'S INTERVAL, AS FAR AS I'M CIRCUMCISED
269 EXCUSE ME SIR, BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH SOMEBODY WHO GIVES A SH!T
500 THOSE @!#$!NG BLACK SHOE MUTHER FU_KERS
501 THOSE @!#$!NG REAR ECHELON MUTHER FU_KERS
600 THOSE @!#$!NG ASW PUKES
641 HANG IT IN YOUR @!#$!NG EAR
700 @!#$!NG GRUNTS
728 IF I HEAR "CV" CONCEPT ONE MORE TIME I'M GONNA PUKE
750 THAT FU_KER RUNS LIKE A WELL OILED MACHINE
775 YOUR OLD LADY WEARS COMBAT BOOTS
800 I LOVE THIS SO MUCH I CAN'T SH!T
901 IF IT'S SUCH A GOOD @!#$!NG DEAL, SEND ________
902 IF I CALLED FOR SH!T YOU'D COME SLIDING IN ON A SHOVEL
1000 COOL IT THE PADRE IS HERE
3000 HAY FOR THE HORSES, WHISKEY FOR MY MEN AND A PLATE OF FLIES FOR MY TOAD
3001 HE'S SO LIGHT HE'S A MENACE TO AVIATION
3002 HE JUST HAD HIS @!#$!NG TUBES CUT
3003 HE HASN'T HAD HIS LOBOTOMY YET
3031 NOT SO @!#$!NG FAST

recceguy:

110, 117

Thanks - I already have a copy - just thought we could use it here!

Greymatters said:
That's hilarious!  Where did that come from?

We used to use it (and Bible Codes) in the Airborne Regiment.  No shit - actual official messages were sent using it - I used to have a cheat sheet with the Bible Code on it (Bible Code was simply Bible citations) - ("I cannot find a wise man among you", from the book of Job (I don't recall the exact citation) was a favourite for messages to FMC - now Land Forces Command). 

I understand that the Air Force was heavily into Falcon Code, and it may have originated there, migrating to the Airborne through our intimate contact with aircrew - then again I might be wrong on that one.  I DO know that it made sending messages much more fun.  Try it sometime (Falcon Code or Bible Code) - if you get an answer using the same code you'll know that an "old soldier" read your message.

Roy

PS - Falcon 269 was always a personal favourite.

Greymatters said:
That's hilarious!  Where did that come from?

The Navy used to use the Dolphin Codes.  I've still got a copy of them somewhere.  Fun way to communicate between ships!!

How about code:

911 ... A "Vern's-head-is-hurting-from-trying-to-memorize-all-these-codes" code?

:eek:

Back