• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

The next DEO BMOQ (as per the DIN- military internet) is Aug 26, Sept 30, January 2014.  (this was last checked on Friday, could be updated since then)

If you got selected with the pilot selections you could hypothetically get your offer a few days after selections and be loaded on the Aug 26th BMOQ if there was room. It all depends on if there is room on the course, if not then Sept 30th date. and if that one was full for some odd reason Jan 2014.

When I got selected I had 1 months notice between job offer and leaving for BMOQ. My swear in day was 5 days before I left for BMOQ.

Tid bit of random info: take a later swear in date if possible (like right before BMOQ). You go on something called Leave without Pay until you leave for Basic, but even though you arent getting paid yet, you start paying for your pension. Basically you could be paying 1-2 months of pension before you even start getting paid, and its a big chunk that comes off your first pay in that case. Atleast thats how they explained it to me when I was given the choice.

On a similar topic, anyone know when Engineer Officer (Army) selections is?

Understanding that merit lists are constantly changing, is information regardinghow many people are in competition at any point in time available. 

Stiman said:
On a similar topic, anyone know when Engineer Officer (Army) selections is?

Engr Offr what?  DEO, CEOTP, ROTP...........???

Stiman said:
Sorry, I was asking about DEO specifically.

Sorry for the delay in responding.  24 Jun and 25 Jul.

JoPelle said:
The selection for Combat engineer is july 8th.

Can you confirm this? I inquired two days prior and was informed with the "probably soon" response.  "Keep exercising!" lol.  Seriously this is one of my selections.  I been optimistic the date would be coming up shortly.

kevincanada said:
Can you confirm this? I inquired two days prior and was informed with the "probably soon" response.  "Keep exercising!" lol.  Seriously this is one of my selections.  I been optimistic the date would be coming up shortly.

Selections for Cbt Engr are done locally by individual CFRC's, so the selection dates vary from centre to centre.  Basically, the process is "ongoing", so they will take a few here, then a few there, etc

DAA said:
Selections for Cbt Engr are done locally by individual CFRC's, so the selection dates vary from centre to centre.  Basically, the process is "ongoing", so they will take a few here, then a few there, etc

Thanks that paints a better picture of the process for me.  Some trades are constant, others have set dates.  Makes sense now.

RectorCR said:
I emailed the CFLRS about when the next BMOQ is for DEO and she said they are scheduled for September 16 and September 30.

I have my medical and interview scheduled for July 17th. Here's hoping my file gets through quickly and I can slide into one of those dates.  I am currently applying for Artillery and Infantry Officer trades.  If I don't, when can  I expect the next BMOQ to take take place? January?

cbak11s said:
I have my medical and interview scheduled for July 17th. Here's hoping my file gets through quickly and I can slide into one of those dates.  I am currently applying for Artillery and Infantry Officer trades.  If I don't, when can  I expect the next BMOQ to take take place? January?

As far as I know Infantry officer is closed... not sure about Arty though.

Infantry officer is closed but they're reviewing it on the July 24 selection though, according to DAA at least.

Was recently told arty is open, would have put my name in for it but my h3 disqualifies me. 

Was told by my recruiter that there are 72 Pilot positions available, and there was indeed a selection on June 24th for DEO Pilot.

Anyone with any updates or any offers? I was merit listed earlier this year for DEO Pilot... The wait is just painful!

I hear you... I started a thread for the June 24 deo pilot selection so we can share info. The link is below or search june 24 deo pilot selection

http://forums.air-force.ca/forums/threads/111072/post-1238739.html#msg1238739

The waiting is the worst part, it seems last selection round the offers went out much sooner than this time around...maybe I'm crazy though :p

Any other log applicants on this thread.  November seems a long way off, and having a tough time finding post degree employment .

Back