• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Defence Analyst Sunil Ram

Meh....I've placed Ram on ignore a long time ago.

Too bad his "credentials" don't hold water to any form of scrutiny, but that doesn't stop the MSM from getting tripe...er..sound bites from him.

Fought 3 wars in the middle east....right.        ::)

Regards

I think it's terrible nobody has 'outed' this guy and that he still remains a regular contributor on CTV.  I especially dislike his arrogant 'know-it-all' type of attitude when giving his comments especially when he doesn't have the experience to back it up.

Snakedoc said:
I think it's terrible nobody has 'outed' this guy and that he still remains a regular contributor on CTV.  I especially dislike his arrogant 'know-it-all' type of attitude when giving his comments especially when he doesn't have the experience to back it up.

I think he has more or less become know by most professionals as a "Walt" and is tolerated as "comic relief", as ERC has pointed out with Lao Tzu's wisdom.

Unfortunately, in the eyes of the uninformed and unknowing, as we often see in the MSM, his vocal interjections appear legitimate, even if they carry no weight in reality.

Jim Seggie said:
Maybe I should retire completely and become an "expert"?

At least you have credentials Jim.

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
Fought 3 wars in the middle east....right.        ::)

So were these three wars fought on Playstation or Nintendo Wii?  8)

George Wallace said:
I think he has more or less become know by most professionals as a "Walt" and is tolerated as "comic relief", as ERC has pointed out with Lao Tzu's wisdom.

Unfortunately, in the eyes of the uninformed and unknowing, as we often see in the MSM, his vocal interjections appear legitimate, even if they carry no weight in reality.

I agree. So, in the interest of any MSM who may actually be interested in viewing the job requirements for Lineman & CELE Officer (as given in the "Profs" own bio here on the site [by the way, can anyone confirm from what exact academic institution "Prof" Ram was granted his PhD?? - I seem to be unable to locate]) - here's the job descriptions:

Quote from: oldlineman on September 05, 2007, 16:43:17
This is Prof. Sunil Ram speaking... the real one not the guy up in Hunstville.

For what it is worth I started at 734 Comm Sqn Regina, I have served briefly with 1CSR Kingston and 731 Com Sqn CFB Shilo and I was a lineman!
Now if any of you know what the Pine Tree Line was and know anything about CFB Shilo at the height of the Cold War... then I don't need to explain myself anymore. For those of you who do not... read your own CF military history. Years later due to shortages of CELE officers I came back to the CF for a short stint as a SIGS officer. Now unless you happen to have a TS/level 3 SC you don't need to know any more.

Why you find my background so curious I have no idea... but note the BIO that was posted is dated and not written by ME! AMU (where I teach edited it and left out all the good bits). Now for those who have been junior James Bond's looking into my background if they actually knew how to use the Internet as a tool they would find numerous corrections due to errors made by the media about me... it does not help that the Huntsville Sunil Ram is constantly confused with me since I was not that willing to chat with the media for years. As an aside I have appeared hundreds of times in the national and international media because I know what I am talking about and because I am consistently correct (well except of the Taliban 2007 Spring offensive-- but hey you can't be right all the time  ).

Note due to my international work... please never confuse me with some local Canadian analyst, ..................

Lineman:
http://www.forces.ca/en/job/linetechnician-6#info-1

Lineman official fact sheet:
http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/00015_linetechnician_en.pdf

And, CELE Officer:
http://www.forces.ca/en/job/communicationsandelectronicsengineeringairofficer-77#info-1

CELE Officer fact sheet:http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/00340_communicationsandelectronicsengineeringairofficer_en.pdf

Now a question for someone who could possibly answer ...

Given that the CELE video clearly states that the basic CELE O qualification level requires 1 full year full-time to complete, how does this qual work for a ResF CELE O who is part-time and has only served for 2 years in that ResF capacity? Is that enough time to become "fully" CELE qualified so that they could actually have a hope in heck of accomplishing the below (taken from the CELE O fact sheet)?:

The CELE (AIR) Officer must have in-depth knowledge of air operations concepts and doctrine in order to provide advice to commanders on the optimal utilization of communications and electronics assets in order to support the mission and actively participate in their operational use and management.

Possible??

ArmyVern said:
....as given in the "Profs" own bio here on the site [by the way, can anyone confirm from what exact academic institution "Prof" Ram was granted his PhD?? - I seem to be unable to locate]) -

My information may be out of date, but from what I remember he doesn’t have a PhD. I believe that he has an MA in history and that he applied to several schools to do a PhD but was never accepted.  Also he is a “prof” at a virtual university where you can get a degree online and never step into a classroom.

The MSM doesn’t care about a person’s qualifications. They only want someone to contradict the government and the military, and be entertaining at the same time.

So in essence, the MSM really doesn't give a rats arse about credibility, theirs or their Subject Matter Expert (SME).  We get better news from Rick Mercer and This Hour Has 22 Minutes.

That half wit couldn't analyze de fence around my tomato patch.

Given the time frame he is talking about he would have been, a ERC pointed out, a generic CELE O.  the Officer classifications hadn't changed and been split as they are know.  The fact sheets that Vern put up are the newer ones forthe way we work now.  You'd have to find old info from the Museum in kingston to get an idea of what a CELE Off circa hat time period was trained for.  As a side note, I've got a few spies left at CFCSE who are checking the old (Public Domain) scrap books to see whats what.

Can I be a SME Too, I was n Debert, in the Diefenbunker there, at the high of the cold war.  I worked in the GATEWAY and MOBRAD.

H

I had a mocking post typed up, but I just can't do better than the words in this article attached.  ::)

http://www.uoguelph.ca/atguelph/02-05-08/people.html

http://www.facebook.com/people/Sunil-V-Ram/667316889#!/profile.php?id=667316889

41421_667316889_1215_n.jpg

About Me
Basic Info
Interested In: Women
Bio just google me... its easier that way...OOOHHH but note the guy up in Huntsville ON who tries to pretend to be me
Favorite Quotations something about badgers or cats or something ... but really

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
Adolf Hitler

Journeyman said:
I had a mocking post typed up, but I just can't do better than the words in this article attached.  ::)

http://www.uoguelph.ca/atguelph/02-05-08/people.html

Interesting that he has "Close to 20 years of service in the CF" according to that puff piece.  I calculated, a few pages back, something like nine years of time as a Reservist, six as an NCM and only three being an O/Cdt to perhaps Lt. 

According to that puff piece, not only should he have the highest awards in the land, he should also have a CD.

the 48th regulator said:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Sunil-V-Ram/667316889#!/profile.php?id=667316889

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
Adolf Hitler

Interesting quote.  Rather arrogant of him don't you think?  He is openly slapping the Canadian Public in the face with his signature line.  He knows exactly what he is doing.

I read his bio but could not find reference to the 3 Middle East wars he fought in.

Larry Strong said:
I read his bio but could not find reference to the 3 Middle East wars he fought in.

He has several bios out there.  In most he didn't "fight" as much as "Advise".

We are spending way too much time on this poseur.

The media are welcome to use him as they wish; all it does is confirm for us that most of the media - mainstream and alternative, alike - are blissfully ignorant about military matters. I suspect that even those journalists who know that Ram is a fake like to use him because he is a useful counter to smart, informed analysts.

He is what he is, and, in my personal opinion, that is far removed from what he claims to be.

George Wallace said:
He has several bios out there.  In most he didn't "fight" as much as "Advise".

I advise people all the time, doesn't make me an adviser.

E.R. Campbell said:
We are spending way too much time on this poseur.

The media are welcome to use him as they wish; all it does is confirm for us that most of the media - mainstream and alternative, alike - are blissfully ignorant about military matters. I suspect that even those journalists who know that Ram is a fake like to use him because he is a useful counter to smart, informed analysts.

He is what he is, and, in my personal opinion, that is far removed from what he claims to be.

I don't often give out Milpoints but this one deserves 300.

Besides, just mentioning his name equals more google hits for the pompous arse.

Back