• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CSOR Officers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Clean

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Thx for reading my post, tis my first. It might come across as a little wierd, but im really needing some advice.
Anyone who has experinced working with someone with a similar style, or if anyone has any suggestions of where they think i would better fit in let me know. Ive provided a list of my accomplishments and some of my personal qualities to help give you abetter idea of who I am. So let me know where i could best serve the CF. Im having problems with this choice because i dont know in detail how enlisted vs officer infantry differs in regaurds to my situation.

Current Status:
Age 22
Completed 2 years of Commerce degree, towards an Operations Management Major.

History:
Age 8 - Lost mother + Sister is car accident. Left to fend for myself in many cases along the way. Learnt to be tough and learnt how to survive.
Age 16 - Soccer team captain for regional champions, Provicial long distance running champ
- Started my first fight club out of my garage, began to study sport fighting and martial arts.
- worked in a computer store did both sales/service
Age 17 - started my first ecommerce company, by age 19 had 7 employees and was the largest company in northern AB. Sold the company and moved to the city to start school.
Age 19 - Began treeplanting in the summers, and accelerated to the top 10% of planters making an average of $400/day or
Age 21,22 - Completed to at least an intermediate level - WingChun Kung Fu, Jiu-Jitsu, Boxing, MauyThai, multiple knife fighting styles, and mastered 5 self defense 'systems'.  Developed and instructed [last 16 months] my own fighting system (urban combat) and have trained many people including semi-pro sport fighters, security gaurd, bouncers, and a couple cops.
Age 22 - Completed my 3rd calander year (2nd acedemic year) of collage with honors, debt free. Also ran 2 group fitness classes for 'Women' and 'Fighters'

This summer, after sustaining an inflamed ACL in the first two weeks of treeplanting [because i went like a bat outta hell right off the start], decided to quit in order to keep my knee good for my military career. Now currently managing a lawn company with 10 employees. Redevloped the entire corporate image, created a new GPS based logistics system, and increased productivity by 40%, all inside 3 weeks.

SO. This is where ive been.  To sum up, my one life passion is to motivate and lead others by example. Ive always wanted to join the army, and I belive that my skill set and mentality will compliment it. Previously ive thought officer, but a couple enlistee friends have said i would rule as a sergant. While with this lawn company, eery day im up at 5:00 to hit the gym, then im the first one to work and the last one to leave. We usually do 12 hours shifts then I have 2-3 hours of paperwork each night. I have never demanded respect, but earn it by proving that im here to bust my ass of work my employees, and to provide them with good conditions, so that we can all kick ass. ...  Living the plant was the best thing ive done, being wet, and dirty everyday and always.. with only a tent, or less.. I love it.  I pretty much want to live on full time deployment. For me, there is nothing better, than teaching someone how todo something, then kicking there ass the whole time to make sure they are the best at it. Until now, most occupations ive looked at/done are either too labour focused or too intelect focused, Im looking for something that will push be both physically and mentally to my max on a daily basis.

Some comments that relate to my choices are:
Friend and Former Marine - "Even after the marines, you are the biggest motivator I know"
Former JTF2 [Planted with him] - "If you can go this hard here at the plant, you are going to sleep your way through basic, then for JTF2 it will just depend on how bad you want it"
Friends dad back in highschool - "You are going to be the richest man ive ever known"
Anyone of my friends or enemies often say - "This is the craziest guy around, you dont what to fuck with him"
Former employer - "You are a reliable go-to guy"
Former fight student and pending army enlistment  - "I would be proud to serve under you"

I dont fear death or inflicting pain on other people. I get bored easy with non-challanging situations, which leaves me always acceling for the next best thing. I love dealing with word problems, math problems, or personal problems.  I belive that I could fit in perfectly with the army lifestyle, but im not exactly sure which one would suit be best, and challange me most.  I know i have the smarts to be a good leutenant, but I also have the balls to be a good sergeant. SOO its a toss up. Money makes no differance to me, I just want to kick ass at what i do. If I go officer, I deffinarty want to be a platoon commander (not sure how CF does that), and enlisted I think id have a blast as squad leader.. Either way im joining, and either way im gunning for JTF2.

LET ME KNOW..

PEACE

Steve (aka Mr.Clean)

Got to be honest with you.......

Your post sort of annoyed me. Not sure why, but I needed to get it off my chest. I now feel better.

You seem to have accomplished much in your short life. You seem to have endured some hardships as well. I can appreciate that.

I would suggest that you might want to spend considerable time searching through the various posts on this website, and get some SA, or "Situational Awareness" on the different opportunities you might have, and the requirements it will take to get you to where you want to go. Then what I would suggest is to put your resume together, go on the CFRC website and begin the process of gathering all the documents you will need in order to apply (it may take awhile, so start asap) and then head on down to the recruiting center to talk with someone 1-on-1 about your interests. You're interested in the JTF.......VERY good ambition. It is good and admirable to have goals. Deeds Not Words.....Self explanatory really. We can ALL work on that.

Belief in yourself is important, but it's not what you've done in your previous life as a civilian that will count. It is how you carry yourself and perform when you put on your uniform day in and day out. Noone will care how rich you are, or how successful you have been in starting your own business, or fixing someone elses. How well you can carry on out in the field, how proficient you are with your weapons systems and your ability to shoot, move and communicate will be more important. How trustworthy you are for your buddies and co-workers will speak more volumes than your resume. These are all things you will not be expected to know when you join, and will not all be taught to you at once. You will develop and continue to develop these skills as you progress and as you mature as a soldier.

Some red flags went up for me when I read that you do not fear death or inflicting pain on other people. As a soldier you have high moral principles to uphold while you are on the battlefield. I submit that if you get a good feeling inside by thinking of hurting or killing others, that you may wish you re-evaluate your motivations and consider them. It's simply part of the job, but not something you should look forward to. Just so you know, I am scared of dying. Not so much the act of dying itself, but dying slowly and painfully, and the effect it will have on my family and friends. Everyone has their own take/feelings on the subject, no 2 are probably exactly alike.However as I have stated before, being scared is normal and good. If you're not afraid outside the wire, you're an idiot or a liar, or both. What you will learn in the military is how to manage your fear and how to simply carry on with the tasks at hand while keeping yourself and your buddies alive. I know some VERY hard guys who's outlooks have been changed by seeing the corpses of their buddies or their enemies. Welcome to warfare.

The opportunities will come to you as you make/earn them in the forces. One step at a time....Apply, get in, pass your courses....JTF/CSOR etc will come if you're what they're looking for. Sorry (sort of) if I come across as a little impatient or harsh, but this is the way it is. The army AINT tree planting.

Best of luck to you.

Cheers,

HH

Just to add to what HH said..........when I was finishing up BMQ, we had a group meeting with the CO of the school ( infantry).........he asked everybody a question.................he asked " who here is willing to die?"..............about half of us raised their hands, thinking the CO would like to see everyone gung ho for their country...................instead he asked what  was wrong with them?????  Who k wants to die??   He said he does not want to go overseas with anyone who is actually " OK" with dying........its too dangerous.
  Anyway, you get what I'm saying.
    Officer or Ncm?..........Its up to you.  Do you want to be one of the boys, and play with all the toys, or do you imagine yourself more as managing the boys and writing reports and being responsible for more of the business side of things?  I'm sorry if that is a wrong way of looking at it guys, but to me thats kind of how I see it.
  Cheers and good luck
Steve :cdn:

(edit by mods to remove a crude effort to subvert censorship.  Swearing isn't necessary.)

Perhaps you might want to think at Private or Officer Cadet level instead of Sergeant and Lieutenant which you need to earn first when contemplating whether the CF is for you or not.  As suggested in prior posts slow down and read more.  Better to be on receive than transmit if you want to be in the CF.  Personally, there is something about you, albeit only garnered through your post, that makes me think that the CF is not for you.  Don't know what it is but either the CF doesn't need you or you don't need the CF.  Good luck either way.

Mr.Clean,
MSN and ICQ "short hand" -  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33247.0.html

Regarding the use of "MSN speak" versus the employment of prose which is correct in grammar, spelling and punctuation, please see: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/34015/post-260446.html#msg260446

Army.ca Conduct Guidelines: MUST READ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

FRIENDLY ADVICE TO NEW MEMBERS - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-259412.html#msg259412

Recruiting FAQ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21101.0.html

Infantry FAQ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21131.0.html

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test - http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103977.html#msg103977

Fitness requirements at enrolment, see page 12 of this brochure:
http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/media/pdf/physical_fitness_en.pdf

Search page - http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=search;advanced

It might come across as a little wierd,
it did. It really did. I don't know if you were just trying to be totally up-front, or something, but it came across as chest-thumping.
HollywoodHitman said:
Got to be honest with you...Your post sort of annoyed me. 
+1
kincanucks said:
Personally, there is something about you, albeit only garnered through your post, that makes me think that the CF is not for you.  Don't know what it is but either the CF doesn't need you or you don't need the CF.  Good luck either way.
+1 again

Read a bit more for a few days. Get the feel of the place. Spend a great deal of time in the recruiting forum. To summarize. Welcome to Army.ca, start reading.

There is a term you'll see getting kicked around here a lot; "Quiet Professional."  Something in your style makes me think that you would attract unwanted attention on the FEBA, and get those around you, along with yourself, dead.  Remember, no dumb bastard ever won a war by giving his life for his country, he won it by making the other dumb bastard die for his country.

Just doing up my DEO papers into the PPCLI but with full intention to apply to CSOR asap. I am wondering at what level of involvement is possible for a platoon commander in CSOR?  Are officers hitting the dirt on deployment with the men or are only sergeants breaking down the doors? Im a former police tac-team squad leader with an operations management degree, and am wondering to what level of action I will be able to see with CSOR??

Mr.Clean said:
Just doing up my DEO papers into the PPCLI but with full intention to apply to CSOR asap. I am wondering at what level of involvement is possible for a platoon commander in CSOR?  Are officers hitting the dirt on deployment with the men or are only sergeants breaking down the doors? Im a former police tac-team squad leader with an operations management degree, and am wondering to what level of action I will be able to see with CSOR??

Uh uh.

:rofl:

Yep...they sure are looking for a few good civvy tac team member Sgts who are 22 year old.......

I needed that.

Another JTFNINTENDOSNIPERWANNABE bites the dust.

Regards

I suppose it is really pos....er.....possible to have done all those things in so short a time......pos....er.....ible...... 

Nope! Don't think so.....I will now have to go and reflect on this over a cold wet one.

George Wallace said:
I suppose it is really pos....er.....possible to have done all those things in so short a time......pos....er.....ible...... 
Nope! Don't think so.....I will now have to go and reflect on this over a cold wet one.

Child protege...remember this was all done while getting his degree   :pushup:

I need a good laugh tonight.

Thanks pal.

Now back to the rock you came from.

I miss all the fun while I'm away for the day with the wife!  Where do they come from?  ROTFLMAO

Wow Mr. Clean..

forget all those soldiers whom I've looked up to my life and my career.

You are my new inspiration...a police tac-team squad leader....I'm impressed.... ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back