• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Course Cancelled

B

bennjallan

I‘ve joined the Army Reserve and was planning on going to Meaford this summer for training, however I found out today that my summer course has been cancelled. I was curious if any one else is or has been in this situation and their thoughts on it it. Also, if anyone has gone through the fall training and what to expect.
Thanks

There are a number of reasons why courses are cancelled. Common reasons are lack of recruits or lack of instructors.
Fall training, done at individual Regiments, is usually conducted every other weekend, Fridays through Sundays. Good way to go if you can‘t get time off in the summer or miss summer training.
For BMQ, might run from September or October to mabye May or June.

First I heard of this, and now I‘m gonna bug my unit to see if I am in the same boat.

Actually, in SOME ways, not doing it this summer works for me on a personal level, however, doing the weekend courses might disrupt my employment worse in the fall, as I work rotating shifts, often on successive weekends.

But, where there is a will there is a way, and I‘m determined to become a trained soldier this year.

The sad part is though, summer training is in my opinion better, especially if it is REG force run. Yes the course will be tougher, but hey, if you pass...
I hear the new BMQ is close to a cake walk, mabye I am just annoyed that Reserve standards should be higher, we should be pushed to our limits more often.
OK, enough venting.

Back