• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cost of housing in Canada

I’ll ask them next time we get together, but I’m confident their answers will also be insightful Gen-Xer-like straight-up takes on Blair, Fantino and Boothby - none of them are “we just did our job and kept our head down, and did whatever the trusted big boss told us to do” types.

Gen-Xers never came under the watchful eyes of the '46ers. ☺

Quite a jump from favorite / not favorite Toronto police chiefs to terrorists.
Disagree here. Saying hate the game, not the player seems like we're excusing someone's involvement in something unethical.

Imagine your daughters husband cheating on her then offering you should hate the game not the player.

It's possible I took the comment out of context however so maybe it's me.

What happens when steady demand meets tight supply?

According to TRREB’s analysis, the GTA housing market is poised for an upswing in 2024, fuelled by record population increases, a robust economy, low unemployment rates, and a decline in mortgage rates expected in the latter half of the year.

How is your house doing?

(Just doing my part…)
Well since a builder is putting 9 units [3 houses with basement apartments and 3 'small' houses in behind each] on a lot down the street smaller then my lot, I do wonder what I'd get for *mine. Originally it was 2 single family homes, and then the wild west rules kicked in, and it became 3 homes, and now its 9 dwellings geared to rich students, but no extra parking of course.

*Though 106 years of being the only family to live here would mean they'd have to really, really make it sweet.

Learned a lesson as probie. "Never, EVER, admit the Department has done anything wrong."

I understood that to include Metro Police.
And that is why snr folks in organizations with issues never improve their organization. Problem? What problem. Nothing to see here.

And that is why snr folks in organizations with issues never improve their organization. Problem? What problem. Nothing to see here.

We admitted our faults within the organization. Not to outsiders.

Twelve guys have been typing their opinions since last Wednesday,

Bill Blair is an incompetent who should have stayed as a beat cop on Yonge Street.

Mr. Monkhouse put it this way,

How about the "COST OF HOUSING IN CANADA"? Hows that topic working out for us?

416 / 905 Average Housing prices January 2024.

Average price of a detached house in 416 is $1,570,520.

Average price of a detached house in 905 is $1,297,275.

1707699192581.png

I refuse to fly in a flying Taj Mahal (that's actually more of an '80s RV vibe).

Same guy: It's late March. This FY buy two new Challenger jets.
Being onboard for an emergency divert to Iceland for a pressurization issue will do that to you…

Fun fact- if prices stay roughly at current levels in my slice of the world it will leave them roughly where they were July 2021, 3 years of trading sideways, about 15% down from peak silliness.

Not so fun fact, it would take another 3.5 years of stagnation beyond that for prices to come back into line with the 4 year linear trend from Jan 2016 to Jan 2020.

Back