• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Contributor to Washington Times: "Canadians too cowardly to fight"

OpieRWestmrR said:
... Not sure about double standards, because we can't know when the media respects embargos at military request. Media respects Police embargos all the time. I'm respecting a significant Defence business-related embargo right now.

Most of the media respects the CF's very temporary casualty embargos most of the time - in part because they might be sent home from KAF if they don't.

Mr. Fowler (see this thread) complained, in comments NOT aired on the National but, to CBC News' credit, broadcast on CBC Radio 1, about the very "double standard" I mentioned. He wondered out loud why journalists are "protected" by other journalists but he was threatened every time his captors - well "plugged in" to global media - every time the media speculated about what he was doing, why he was doing it, what plans were being made for his release and so on. I think his points were very well taken. A "journalistic ethics" (not a contradiction in terms?) fellow tried but, in my view failed to explain it all away.

Back