• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Contract

OK I would like to point out that my opinion of having everyone spend their first contract in the infantry is just that, an opinion. It sure would not work in our country and recruiting would slide. There are also many trades we would never find suitable recruits for if they had to spend their first 3 or 4 years in the combat arms. I will say that at one point we had something called LOTRP, which if I have it right means Land Occupational Transfer Program, where members could get in with a combat arms trade and then after 4 years transfer over to a trade of their choice that was open. I guess what I should have said was the discipline, leadership, can do attitude, skills, and team work ethic that combat arms trg offers would benefit anyone whether it be within the military or any other occupation. That is all I am going to say on this topic before the hole I am digging gets too big for me to get out of. ;)

George Wallace said:
Now to clear up another misconception.  You can join the Reserves as an Infanteer with only a Grade 10 and still attending High School.  You are expected to Graduate High School while still serving, and to bring in you final Transcripts to be put on your Pers File.  You require a High School Diploma to join the CF Regular Forces.  Please read FIRST OFF - Do you meet the 3 CRITERIA ?

You do not need your high school to join the infantry in either reserves or reg force. If you don't have it, you are encouraged to get it, but never forced. I don't have mine and have never encountered a problem. Probably 1/3 of my platoon doesn't either.

I think the LOTRP was the old Land Operations Trade Reassignment Program,  now it is LOTP (Land Occupation Transfer Program), part of the Occupation Transfer Of Non-Commissioned Members - Regular Force (CFAO 11-12).  Details for LOTP are found in Annex C.

Same thing, different name...and the qualifying time now for LOTP is more than 3 but less than 6 years of continuous service.

My local recruiting office provided me with a list of contract durations for officer positions. I was wondering if there is a similar list for NCM positions. I have searched this sit along with forces.ca and have been unable to uncover one. Any help would be appreciated. I am specifically interested in the contract duration for AVN TECH but have an interest in scanning all trades.

Thanks,
Rich

Back