• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Contract Offer Timeline

Reaction score
Good day,

I am currently undergoing my enlistment process and am set to do my medical evaluation and interview on July 24, 2024. I have read through a thread about the competition list and saw that contracts are usually given out in December or January. Given that my interview is in July, and I am a Canadian citizen with no criminal history or anything that would be deemed unacceptable by the Canadian Armed Forces, would it be reasonable for me to hope I will be offered a contract by the end of 2024?

I did hear during my FORCE that PRs had a 18-24 month background check process, and I was wondering if it has some overlap into Canadian citizens?

Thank you very much.

Offers of enrolment are given out throughout the year. Offers for subsidized education programs (ROTP, NCMSTEP, etc.) are primarily given out in the spring.

The additional background screening (pre-sec assessment) is not specific to PRs but rather for anyone who has "foreign implications", such as having travelled extensively, lived in another country, immediate family in a foreign state, dual citizenship, foreign owned assets, etc. The largest disqualifying factor for applicants, however, is the medical standard.

Assuming you are found suitable/eligible for service, whether or not you get an offer is largely a dependent on what occupation you apply for as competitiveness varies greatly between trades and entry plans.

Back