• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

should I email them to know who my broker is ? or it's not going to change much thing at all , apart from knowing who is in charge ?

I mean if I email him , and ask for some kind of input on my file , is it going to sound arrogant ? knowing they are pretty much overwhelmed ...

dapaterson said:
I've also heard (on the plus side) that there is increased interest in increasing the number of CTs, so this may be getting more heat and light.

Very much needed. We have bored infantrymen and generally individuals at the Corporal level who are bored/unsatisfied in their current trades. In some cases, they're already working out-of-trade, but for some reason need to wait another few years to be CT'd/OT'd into their new trade and have their training re-affirmed. IMHO, they could be doing a lot more to communicate to individuals: a) when they will be CT'd to the Reg Force (e.g. "Hey, Cpl Bloggins, right now your CT is scheduled for April 1, 2017); and b) what they can do in the mean time to get ready/prepare/become a better candidate for a CT.

JS2218 said:
Very much needed. We have bored infantrymen and generally individuals at the Corporal level who are bored/unsatisfied in their current trades. In some cases, they're already working out-of-trade, but for some reason need to wait another few years to be CT'd/OT'd into their new trade and have their training re-affirmed.

There needs to be vacancies in the MOSID they want into...and there are varying #s on the SIP for OT/CT (T) and CT (UT)...the latter usually being the lowest of the #s IIRC.

I just spoke with my SGT who was somehow in charge of the transfer in my Unit ....

From what he heard , there will be movement in the CT side of things beginning February and march ... Something about consulting with career adviser in Ottawa and stuff ( didn't quite understand every part of it ! )

when I got my first email , they asked me to send it to the one in charge of my file .... then when I called my unit , I heard that my one of my SGT at the OR was "In charge" .... ( I think he's simply the link between me and the CT crew ) but at the same time isn't that what the broker is suppose to be ?????

The only thing I know is that CT's should move a bit further in February and March

krimynal said:
when I got my first email , they asked me to send it to the one in charge of my file .... then when I called my unit , I heard that my one of my SGT at the OR was "In charge" .... ( I think he's simply the link between me and the CT crew ) but at the same time isn't that what the broker is suppose to be ?????

The only thing I know is that CT's should move a bit further in February and March

As someone who has negotiated this process for the past several years and encountered just about every hurdle/road block you can imagine based on paperwork, I will shed some light. The unit has an OPI that is similar to a file manager, they are in charge of making sure (or should be) that all required documents from pers files, between CoC's are properly transmitted. The Director Military Careers Policies and Grievance component transfers cell are the ones who board the files with input from the career managers and other SMEs. (DMCPG-5).

DWAN LINK: http://cmp-cpm.forces.mil.ca/dgmc/au-as/search-recherche-eng.asp?frmName=&frmSect=49&frmRank=999&frmElem=999&frmSort=sect_detail

so If I understand correctly , my SGT is in charge of sending in all my files and making sure nothing is missing , then his job is pretty much done because the people who will be doing my official CT will be contacting me ( that's what brokers are for right ? )

That is the general process yes. He is also, or should be, in charge of advising your current CoC on matters related to your component transfer when applicable. IE should you be accepted, there is a fair bit of paperwork that will require to be staffed.

My advice to you is simply this, keep records and stay on top of it yourself. I missed an entire year of file eligibility because my file was originally processed as if I were untrained while I was qualified into specialization, beyond basic MOC training. DMCPG-5 are a LOT better them D-Mil-7 (the people who used to handle the files) were, however they are still vastly understaffed and dealing with tight deadlines. Things get missed, so stay engaged, ask, when you have a broker, when the next boarding is, what information they need, what criteria you need to meet to qualify then document and substansiate.

but as of right now since I don't know who my broker is , I should ask my SGT to know if he has any kind of news , or should I email DMCG asking who my broker is ? ( like someone here previously said ) ...

Given that the section was transferred from one organization to another, it's still the same people doing thevwork.

My advice? Talk to the Sgt first, find out if he has an email chain and if the file has been transmitted to DMCPG. Request access to a DWAN computer from your unit, and review documents on the their website about pers selection so that you have some understanding of the process. Your Platoon/troop WO/Comd should be able to arrange this for you.

dapaterson said:
Given that the section was transferred from one organization to another, it's still the same people doing thevwork.

I can safely say some people changed out in the posting season, my points of contact are completely different people now, and the old people are in another location without giving away any personnel information.

Also never let it be said that a change in organizational management structure cannot change the nature of a section, I'm seeing first hand a much better communication flow coming out of their cell this year as opposed to years previous.

All this is based on my first hand interactions mind you.

NSDreamer said:
My advice? Talk to the Sgt first, find out if he has an email chain and if the file has been transmitted to DMCPG. Request access to a DWAN computer from your unit, and review documents on the their website about pers selection so that you have some understanding of the process. Your Platoon/troop WO/Comd should be able to arrange this for you.

Yeah I spoke to him yesterday.  He told me he didn't get any info as of yet , tho the last time he heard from them was because they said the files should move starting February and March ....

so I guess I'll keep waiting a bit and ask back in like 1 or 2 weeks !

DieselTech86 said:
Hi a little about myself, I am a licensed 310T. Truck and Coach tech currently employed in civy land with a good job. I have been serving with a reserve svc bn for 4 years now and I really enjoy it but have always been in debate about going full time or not and would like to find some v techs that started as reservists and went reg if they thought it was everything they hoped it would be or not. I have completed bmq/ bmq land
luvw/ lsvw / hlvw driver wheel, I currently hold the rank of pte B because I have never been on eme common or any career courses. I had a plar done and I have been written off as a 5 qualified corporal just have to take an eme history test and it is finalized paperwork is already in for promotion, also in may 2012 I won the award for top reserve craftsman across canada and was flown to ottawa to bluebell with my co.  I am thinking going on tour is my next step in determining if I want to do this as a career or not look fwrd to any input available thanks for your time

I've done this and now am awaiting training so I can't answer your question but it is possible

RandyCrust said:
I've done this and now am awaiting training so I can't answer your question but it is possible

OP was last active almost two years ago....

PMedMoe said:
OP was last active almost two years ago....

That's okay, the OP is probably still waiting for the CT!      :rofl:

DAA said:
That's okay, the OP is probably still waiting for the CT!      :rofl:

Nah, it's an NCM trade, flies right through. Only a 1 year wait time usually  :nod:

krimynal said:
NCM trades goes faster ?? ( yeah me ! ) lol
Sometimes they can, but really it's an individual thing. My response was jokingly in response to DAA's response, before these threads got merged. That being said, every officer CT I have seen (4 or so) has taken at least the length of the longest NCM one's I've seen (8) and usually much longer. This is strictly my experience though, and there's no factual information I have to back this up other then my own observations.

Back