• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

and no reply from them... And I submited my ct request in Dec. '11  :facepalm:

MikeAlphaTango said:
If anyone is interested,

I spoke to someone at DMCPG and they said they are processing CTs from Oct 2013 now, and will not begin any that came in 2014 till this April.

M.

Sounds like the same people working on the PIL team. ;D

MikeAlphaTango said:
If anyone is interested,

I spoke to someone at DMCPG and they said they are processing CTs from Oct 2013 now, and will not begin any that came in 2014 till this April.

M.

Good thing I don't intend to transfer until 2016 (Finishing school first)  ::), I put mine in not to long along but I'm sure it will be a longer wait then that.

Black Watch said:
and no reply from them... And I submited my ct request in Dec. '11  :facepalm:

Have you not considered talking to either your CC or COC or DCMPG 5? You should of at least heard something... I know I was reading when I put in my CT it said if they can't get a hold of you they close your file. Perhaps that's what happened..

runormal said:
Good thing I don't intend to transfer until 2016 (Finishing school first)  ::), I put mine in not to long along but I'm sure it will be a longer wait then that.

Have you not considered talking to either your CC or COC or DCMPG 5? You should of at least heard something... I know I was reading when I put in my CT it said if they can't get a hold of you they close your file. Perhaps that's what happened..

I should have written that i've been for my ct to become reality since then

Hello! This Friday will be my first day of BMQ at my local armory. I was wondering 2 things....
1. Is it possible to do a smooth transition into the reg force if I am already in the reserves? If so how do I switch?
2. Would I have to go to BMQ again even if I completed it with the reserves?

This may help.

Component Transfers (Reserve to Regular): Q&A
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/12797.0

MikeAlphaTango said:
If anyone is interested,

M.

Interesting that they gave a "working on files received in x" date; I put mine in October 2012.  Since I believe they do CTs based off trade requirements (red, yellow, then green), it doesn't seem possible that they could give a projected "you will see your CT in..." although that would be great.

JoshKeegan said:
Also, when the switch was made from DMIL to whatever it is now, did we have to reapply or were all applications transferred over? And does anyone know if the
CFRC interview is still required?

It is very frustrating because they refuse to answer emails inquiring about the status of applications.

As of late they've been better with at least replying with a "yes, we've received your file." You should not have to re-apply just because they've changed their name, but a quick email to them (with a read receipt) wouldn't hurt.

Hello, so I applied for the Reserve force, and I have my interview on the 9th of April. I have grade 10 completed, and I was wondering, (because I want to do the Army as a full-time career) should I instead switch to the Regular? I wanted to go into the Reserves to finish school, but if I switched to the Regular, would they put me through a GED, or something similar? I don't mind leaving school if I get offered a full-time career in the Reg, but finishing school would be a preference. I am a little confused, and I don't want to let the Cal Highs down, if they enroll me, then I leave after a year or two to the Reg, and I have also heard it is rather hard to switch to the Reg while in reserve. What are your guy's opinions? 

For the love of God finish school. I literally struggle to think of anything that would possibly be a stupider life decision that not finishing high school ASAP.

Imo, you shouldn't switch from reserve to regular force at the moment, first of all I believe that grade 10 would be the bare minimum requirement for regular force and you don't wont to only be meeting minimum criteria because well you most likely wont have a very competitive application. Your first plan seems the best to me you get in the reserve get some military experience and finish school if you still want the military to be a lifetime career for you then great you put in a CT, the CT process can be long but its not un reasonable to think that after some wait you would probably  get in the reg.

Thanks for the advice. I should be done school by January, so not really that long of a wait. It is a stupid decision now that I think about it. Since the selection is rather competitive, I would rather get the school done and dusted. Also, I have an electrical apprenticeship under way too. I am applying for an Infantry Solider, and Combat Engineer. Would it help my chances in either/or?

JoshKeegan said:
Anyone receive an offer lately?
Haven't even heard a confirmation yet. But its only been about a month and a bit. Two infanteers I know went reg force in the middle of February but, I don't know of anyone else.

I was told by my broker last week that I would be receiving an offer (which I always assumed was the case and that it was just a matter of when) but that she couldn't give me even a general timeline. I'd imagine since she's telling me that it will be somewhat soon. My reserve infantry unit has had six guys head reg infantry since September of this year, from jacks to recent Corporals. Another one guy in my unit has likewise been told his offer will be coming shortly. According to our DCO the flood gates will be closing soon. No clue as to the veracity of that.

JO BRO said:
I was told by my broker last week that I would be receiving an offer (which I always assumed was the case and that it was just a matter of when) but that she couldn't give me even a general timeline. I'd imagine since she's telling me that it will be somewhat soon. My reserve infantry unit has had six guys head reg infantry since September of this year, from jacks to recent Corporals. Another one guy in my unit has likewise been told his offer will be coming shortly. According to our DCO the flood gates will be closing soon. No clue as to the veracity of that.

Well of course everyone's offer will be coming at some point.  Infantry is overborne so I imagine they are carefully balancing recruiting with those OTing/CTing/releasing/doing something else.

I've been told by a few Clerks waiting to CT to the Reg Force that they were contacted by their brokers in early April 2014 and told not to expect an offer this fiscal year...

The strategic intake plan (SIP) is up for 2014-2015.  Looks like a chilly year for CTs and recruiting from the public...

Questioning my choices here.. Military is my long term career goal but I wouldn't mind getting a taste of it through the reserves. My friend (Who's in the reserves) says that CT's (Going from Reserve to Regular force) takes longer than going from civilian to regular force.

Is this true?

There's so many variables, you can't make a fair comparison. You have to account whether you're OTing with the CT, if you're DP1 qualified or only BMQ, OT intake numbers for skilled/non-skilled, case load at D Mil C, etc etc etc.

Back