• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

combats

faraz_oman

Inactive
Reaction score
:cdn: :skull: :army: :threat: ??? >:D :salute: :bullet:

I was just wondering good places to buy combats for cheap in toronto
I really wanted to know because i'm going to a winter indoc on the 15th of feb so i wanted some combats.[flash=200,200]http://hi poop plph[sub]jhkj[/sub][/flash]

Mother of Gawd ... go easy on the smileys. You've used up your weekly quota in one post.

Goto a MEC an buy good clothes.

If you're hell bent on getting old used Combats goto a local surplus store.

faraz_oman said:
I really wanted to know because i'm going to a winter indoc on the 15th of feb so i wanted some combats.[flash=200,200]http://hi poop plph[sub]jhkj[/sub][/flash]

Trust me, if you are spending any amount of time outside during the winter doing any sort of training, the last thing you'll want on your feet are a set of combats. They don't have  insulation, and you'll risk developing frostbite rather fast. And if you get frostbite that means your friends (who may or may not have their first aid yet) will have to help you out in a jam, and when I was your age there was no way I was going to let my friends help me like that. Best bet, get some mukluks from Canadian Tire, they should be about the same price but much warmer.

If you listened during the pre-indoc training yesterday, you would of heard the OIC say not to rush out and get combats if you don't have them. You were also provided with a kit list that tells you what to bring, there were no combats on there. You can get some if you would like, but it is not necessary for next weekend. 

You could try Save More Sports Store...I'm not exactly sure where it is but I know it's across from an armouries.

Or you could try MEC or Coast Mountain Sports or any other GOOD outdoor equipment company. If you want to blow money, buy yourself a nice warm jacket and snow pants and good insulating socks coupled with good boots.

LCF will get you mighty cold... for no reason.

Get some long underwear that wicks and get a fleece layer, as well as some good gloves and a liner that you can work with outside (lighting stoves and such was a pain with the gortex gloves).
Add some wicking socks and your cadet wool socks, and a nice fleece balaclava.

faraz_oman said:
There is not enough information in your question to provide an answer.  A cadet going on a Region activity will be issued the required kit and given a kit list of those things that he/she must provide. The issued items will be something like this.
Issued Items – Cadet Program.  This section contains a list of the personal clothing and equipment for the expedition that will be issued to you during the administrative in-clearance routine  Cadets are required to fill out a sizing form is found at Annex F.
· Outer Jacket .  1 each.  A 3-ply Gore-Tex, waterproof, breathable, and windproof, hooded jacket and pants.  NOTE: These items are only temporary issue for the expedition and will be returned upon completion of the hike.
· Fleece sweater/jacket
· 1 pr hiking boots
· 1 Water bottle
· 1 Headlamp
· 1 whistle
· Lip balm.  1 tube.  With both zinc and SPF 15+.
· Sunscreen. 1 bottle.  SPF 15+;.
· Foot Powder.  1 bottle; and
A member of the CF CIC taking the Cold Weather course  http://www.cadets.net/pac/rcis/CWICourse_Info_e.asp will be issued with the required kit.

If it is a corps/squadron event, the OIC will provide direction iaw the principles of the CWI Course.  If you don't have a qualified officer or equivalent the activity is not authorized. 

Is that surplus store still just down the street from the Moss park armoury? I was only in there once(1991), and I cant be sure if it was a proper surplus store or just had militaria on display. Good luck. Ubique

gun runner said:
Is that surplus store still just down the street from the Moss park armoury? I was only in there once(1991), and I cant be sure if it was a proper surplus store or just had militaria on display. Good luck. Ubique

Try this thread, might be insightful: http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/16408.0.html

Judging from the comments about that particular store, I don't know if I'd shop there. However, having never been there myself, you can always stop in and see what they have, and for how much. Check out that other thread first before heading out.

Cheap combats aren't going to give you the benefit you need for the winter.

CadetMez said:
Cheap combats aren't going to give you the benefit you need for the winter.

And what would you wear?

Cheap used old OG107's, nice and baggy with some thermal underwear worn underneath, topped off with a pair of old windpants is far better than  some tight jeans and longjohns.

Cheers,

OWDU

I mean you can get $20 combats that let the wind in, thats kind of what i meant by cheap.

CadetMez said:
I mean you can get $20 combats that let the wind in, thats kind of what i meant by cheap.

Well than maybe you should have mentioned the term 'worn out' and/or 'thin', as ooposed to cheap. Two different things, and I am not a mind reader.

OG107s in good condition are infact cheap and effective clothing for the outdoors in panclimatic conditions.

Regards from the tropics,

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
Well than maybe you should have mentioned the term 'worn out' and/or 'thin', as ooposed to cheap. Two different things, and I am not a mind reader.

OG107s in good condition are infact cheap and effective clothing for the outdoors in panclimatic conditions.

Regards from the tropics,

OWDU
Wes,
Since the CCM has made OG107 the only acceptable CDN pattern, many surplus retailers have jacked up the price to make greater profit.

Kyle Burrows said:
Wes,
Since the CCM has made OG107 the only acceptable CDN pattern, many surplus retailers have jacked up the price to make greater profit.

Supply VS Demand.......the horror......

Back