• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

It's not sole source - it's competitive with only one potential source of supply.

Sole source would be looking for a car and going straight to Subaru despite there being other options available in the marketplace.

Political unwillingness to sole-source anything? :unsure:
Transparency is a hallmark of this government with defence spending. It's just not a hallmark of the rest of their portfolios. šŸ˜‰

In all seriousness, I think PSPC would do well to start acting sensibly and using that Operational Necessity clause for a lot of platforms we're short on. Just because Canadian Industry "could" provide a bid, doesn't mean it can provide it in a suitable timeline and without cutting corners.

So. The US, Kiwis, Aussies, Brits and Norwegians are all ā€œgetting it wrongā€? And India? Germany?

Where are you getting 30 year procurement and 5-10 lifespan from?
So how many many more years can we keep the CP 140 s flying ?

This is just renaming what we do in LRP to a more Modern name. I just hope we donā€™t call ourselves 4xx MM Sqn.

Disgusted Jim Carrey GIF

Personally Iā€™d love to go back to VP Sqnsā€¦

Maybe we should talk to the Japanese? Mitsubishi heavy industries did buy the CRJ off Bombardier, and have a large foot print in Ontario.

Until we "Canadianize" it, either in specificstion or procurement requirements.

The Iveco M40 wasa good piece of kit... until we canadianized it.

Same goes for the 2 orphan helicopters out on the coasts.

I donā€™t think every country is using the exact USN version.

But yes, we could take something that is working and f&&k with it. šŸ˜•

Back