• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMA accreditation??

kincanucks said:
Still trying to figure out why the CF is to blame for this?

I don't think that was directed at me (or my previous posts) but I don't blame the CF for any of this.  I'll admit it is very frustrating (because it is completely out of our hands) and was extremely unexpected (because I was referred there by my RC) but was just bad luck it happened when it did.  I went from waiting for a job offer to just plain waiting and now this just strengthens my resolve to get in and gives me more time to prepare. 

(out of my lane but...) If anything, this may be a good thing for those of us coming in, because in theory, this will help to create and maintain a nation wide standard for all PCPs. 

cn said:
If anything, this may be a good thing for those of us coming in, because in theory, this will help to create and maintain a nation wide standard for all PCPs.

I don't know if you saw this, cn, but they are working on it:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-eng.do?nid=511429

mariomike said:
I don't know if you saw this, cn, but they are working on it:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-eng.do?nid=511429

Not that particular article, but I have heard of them trying to do this for a while now.  And that's exactly what I'm talking about, hopefully this will all work out and benefit us all in the long run. 

P.S. mariomike, you continue to amaze me with all the articles and links you provide in this and all other topics.  A big thanks to you for all the research you provide to myself and all the other members here.  :salute:

ALL:

Trust me when I say that this whole issue camer as a surprise to those of us in the RC's as much as it came as a surprise to you.

As for calling lawyers etc etc ... don't waste your time ... all advice is given in good faith, with the info we have at the time, and changes happen ... in the last two years I've seen schools added, schools dropped and schools added again without rhyme or reason to the approved NCM SEP list. Some VERY good, very noteworthy programs are not acceptable for whatever reason.

CN: if you need a list of approved programs outside on ONT, PM me with your person e-mail and I will let you know what I can.

ALSO: for those of you trying to contact the Toronto RC - we are closed to the public this week! We open again next TUESDAY (the 29th)

cn said:
P.S. mariomike, you continue to amaze me with all the articles and links you provide in this and all other topics.  A big thanks to you for all the research you provide to myself and all the other members here.  :salute:

My pleasure, cn. Thanks for the kind words.

Well in ontario there are now 3 schools including Durham, Cambrian and now Lambton, in Sarnia.

Lambton was the first school I was accepted in to, and I rushed my acceptance letter along with my application in to the Kitchener CFRC. Because I decided to go to Humber I turned down my acceptance, but fortunately after a few emails back and forth with Lambton, I have been re admitted.

I am excited by this opportunity, BUT I still have many concerns...
Since I was taken off the merit list, when I am put back on, will I have any less of a chance as if this mix up had never occurred? I suppose anyones oppinion is appreciated, but I need to ask these questions to an officer.

Anyways I suppose there is good news for all in that another school has been approved, which possibly indicates more on the way.. but possibly not

Otis said:
CN: if you need a list of approved programs outside on ONT, PM me with your person e-mail and I will let you know what I can.

PM inbound.

funkmasta said:
Anyways I suppose there is good news for all in that another school has been approved, which possibly indicates more on the way.. but possibly not

That's very good news, it means steps in the right direction.  Slow progress is still progress and hopefully there are more to follow soon. 

It seems that if you were already offered a job, it doesn't matter if the school was dropped. Am I the only one who was offered a job at one of the schools mentioned here that did not receive a call? You guys have me worried here, suppose to be going to school in sept.

M.hutch said:
It seems that if you were already offered a job, it doesn't matter if the school was dropped. Am I the only one who was offered a job at one of the schools mentioned here that did not receive a call? You guys have me worried here, suppose to be going to school in sept.

From what I was told, if you received your job offer prior to the school being taken off the list you should be fine.  If you got your call and all the appropriate paper work was done already they were not gonna take back an offer, just not enroll any new candidates. 

If you are at all concerned, contact your CFRC and double check, or perhaps one of the recruiters on here may know and can confirm before Monday. 

Hmmm, just called a recruiter asked about still being allowed to go if I had an offer....... told me "Not a chance, no grandfathering if your school was dropped your not going, go find another school". 

guess your recruiter is having a better day than mine.

BorderMedic said:
Hmmm, just called a recruiter asked about still being allowed to go if I had an offer....... told me "Not a chance, no grandfathering if your school was dropped your not going, go find another school". 

guess your recruiter is having a better day than mine.

Hmm.. I guess so, I didn't inquire further about that just because I didn't have an offer yet so it was irrelevant in my situation but that's what I was told.  If that is the case, it's an even more unfortunate situation all around..

It really is an unfortunate situation all around for anyone involved. And for all I know the local recruiter was doing just fine the other day. I'm just not to thrilled about the whole mess.

But he did mention that they are going to move about 15 of the NCM-SEP spots and accept direct entry "semi skilled" people, so get your PLAR's started now! if you are lucky enough to fit that category.

BorderMedic said:
  he did mention that they are going to move about 15 of the NCM-SEP spots and accept direct entry "semi skilled" people, so get your PLAR's started now! if you are lucky enough to fit that category.

Very unfortunite situation for you guys.  I have been following the ordeal with CMA and the Ontario schools.  But I noticed you metioned this; which I have quoted Bordermedic.  When were you notifed of this switch from SEP to Semi-Skilled?  Also, was the recruiter positive the switch would be written in stone?

Rafterman1 said:
was the recruiter positive the switch would be written in stone?

I'm not to sure anything is from what I have seen so far......

He just mentioned that since so many schools were dropped and a bunch of possible medics with them, that they were given instructions to try and get 15 or so semi skilled people in that way, and they would be using spots reserved for the NCM-SEP program. So I figured what the heck may as well let them look at my background.... Can't hurt. In the meantime I am still applying at other schools.

Just thought I would relay the message is all.

I collected some material. It is relevant for Ontario. I posted it in Emergency Services.
It may, or may not, be of interest to readers of this topic:
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/94469/post-941892.html#msg941892

I got the job offer 9am this morning.
Starting Sept7 lambton college PARA program, sworn in aug 19th.

That I know is true, they took my info for a PLAR weeks ago, he said that it still shows the spots as NCM-SEP because there is not a spot in the system to show as semi-skilled, but they are looking for about 15 people.

Also have just heard that they are going to grandfather in people who had college acceptance into a program even if that college was dropped.??

we shall see where that goes...

BorderMedic said:
they took my info for a PLAR weeks ago
My file manager metioned she will complete a PLAR for myself today.

As for the 15 Semi-Skilled spots. I hope I get offered one.  But I get my hopes up to much with the CF.  As do so many others. lol.    >:D

Back