• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

chin-ups

Another thing you can try is called a kipping pull-up. It uses momentum to get up over the bar and you can adapt your grip for pull ups or chin ups. Note, that it changes the angle of pull up and so works slightly different muscles. This can be beneficial when you first start as you build strength in those muscles they will support your regular Pull/chin ups.

To find a video explanation of it go here: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html#Exer

Then scroll down till you see:

Kipping Pullup Concepts [ wmv]
Kipping Pullups, Step 1 [wmv][mov] » Nov 29 07
Kipping Pullups, Step 2 [wmv][mov] » Dec 4 07
Kipping Pullups, Step 3 [wmv][mov] » Dec 10 07
Kipping Pullups, Step 4 [wmv][mov] » Dec 15 07

Also a good idea, Task. Are you allowed to kip during the test, or are they all done from a complete dead hang?

Kratos,

No, it must be a dead hang and they (PSP) are very strict. I don't think they do chins/pulls for the test in basic IIRC though...? It is however a valuable exercise for the future, it will be used in later selection tests for JTF2,CSOR, Para etc..

It won't let me quote you weird...

Kratos said:
Read the Guidelines. It's so you make darn sure of what you are going to present before you hit 'Post'. Too many internet warriors post up crap without thinking, start a shit storm, then spend time and energy trying to defend a post, that upon reflection, they should have deleted. It also stops the more nefarious from posting something, starting said shit storm, then going back and editing their post as if they had never said the stupid thing in the first place.

As always, if someone doesn't like the way we do things, there are likely, always, other more appropriate forums they can migrate to and leave this one alone. Usually, they are not missed the minute they leave.

Milnet.ca Staff

Kratos said:
You can just PM me instead of doing this to every thread.

Then you should have PMd the Staff if you were unclear of the repercussions of being in the Warning System. However, you didn't. Your public 'hmmm' was answered in public.

Milnet.ca Staff

Task said:
Kratos,

No, it must be a dead hang and they (PSP) are very strict. I don't think they do chins/pulls for the test in basic IIRC though...? It is however a valuable exercise for the future, it will be used in later selection tests for JTF2,CSOR, Para etc..

It won't let me quote you weird...

Oh, ok.

It's definitely a great exercise, especially if you are doing a ton of push ups. They'll help balance out the shoulder work.

Recon Ron can be used for chin or pull ups, I should add.

You probably can't quote me because I am on the shit list. I've had multiple posts deleted, so it's tough to know what's going on in here.

Kratos said:
Oh, ok.

It's definitely a great exercise, especially if you are doing a ton of push ups. They'll help balance out the shoulder work.

Recon Ron can be used for chin or pull ups, I should add.

You probably can't quote me because I am on the shit list. I've had multiple posts deleted, so it's tough to know what's going on in here.

Your posts were deleted within the guideline criteria. As for your being on a shitlist, go read your PM.

Milnet.ca Staff

Back